Sign in to follow this  
luki

Everon 0.1

Quote[/b] ]Is this ported from OFP PC or OFPE XBOX?

From OFP pc 1.0

This is great. biggrin_o.gif

Is this ported from OFP PC or OFPE XBOX? The forests look like the old OFP ones, not like the OFPE ones.

I guess once the detail gets improved closer to ArmA standards then the comments about the high frame rates will disappear tounge2.gif

Hope to see the other OFP islands soon.

Yes but we shall enjoy it while it lasts biggrin_o.gif

Incredible!

Ambush, ambush? Anyone?

Malden! Malden! Malden! banghead.gif

smile_o.gif

Sweet. Nice to see that you are working on the map, annoying to not see the old OFP-forests.

Is there a tutorial or something out there on how to convert islands ofp-arma?

Aye .. very impressive! thumbs-up.gif

Really nice work so far!

MfG Medicus smile_o.gif

This is great. biggrin_o.gif

Is this ported from OFP PC or OFPE XBOX? The forests look like the old OFP ones, not like the OFPE ones.

I guess once the detail gets improved closer to ArmA standards then the comments about the high frame rates will disappear tounge2.gif

Hope to see the other OFP islands soon.

Yes but we shall enjoy it while it lasts biggrin_o.gif

I will keep this Everon version...just in case..

yeah great effort.. however. I hope this can be collected somehow and part of a bigger release because a few diffrent people releasing diffrent stuff tends to get "slipped".

Great work anyway.

EDIT: Also this one shows the point of sharing information... *big hint towards some semi officiall mod*

um...

First off, this method involves hex editing old format maps, which were missing landscape flags to begin with. The hex editing merely replaces index references to .paa files with references to .rvmat files.

As a result, the limitation of 512 textures is not removed since the old format maps do not have provision for using full-map satellite textures. You could create an artificial tile derived from each of the old OFP texture tiles, but that's not the only problem. Furthermore, WRPtool development is closed and it was hard locked to 512 textures anyway.

Secondly, the layer mask is missing in the public downloaded version. The layer segments also require the new map file format. Not having the layer mask tiles means that clutter and probably environmental sounds won't work right or at all.

Thirdly, there is a substantial amount of OFP content packaged along with the map. Understandably, it's essential to duplicate the map. However, BIS policy for a very long time (and I'm not aware of it changing) was that content was not to be made available to those who did not have the original game. There appears to be a significant number of ArmA users who don't have OFP. This is technically ripping content from one game and making it available to users who may have not purchased it.

It's one thing for BIS to authorize and support a research and prototyping project. It's a totally different matter for the community to take matters into their own hands and hope BIS doesn't mind.

aw come on they should have said or done something about that by now, the thread is 4 pages long tounge2.gif

So if you were BIS, and you had to pick one task, which would it be? Work on a patch to hopefully shut up the spammers? Or police the forums for IP violations and community misbehavior?

shinRaiden, you totaly missing the point here. I am not asking bis to release, support or do anything with the OFP->ArmA.

All I wanted to point out that sharing information and knowledge between addon makers benefits all.. and thats the point. Something that a certain team has been very much against, and I think bis is the reason behind that policy and I think thats fucked up to be honest.

In a community thats about editing, testing beta patches for beta patches its sick we just getting the cold hand about the tools and a semi officiall project that refuse to share any knowledge what soever. Because you clearly all know more then us right now.

EDIT. Also about the ofp content not for arma and so on..

alot ALOT of content is in ArmA with slight changes, the grey houses in Petrovich is now red in ones in Corazol (among others), bmp2, a10 so on. Already in, if you go to www.flashpoint1985.com/breathe you can also find the sample models. So its basicly just the island and campaign we talking about.. and i highly doubt they would actually mind, other then maybe officially because of legal issues. BIS will probaly not sell one more copy of ArmA because of this or one less for OFP.. (however they sell alot because everyone knows this game will have thirdparty addons)

List of object from OFP thats present in ArmA

Yea, have to agree with GranQ... Been multiple examples of how litle BI is into 'sharing information'. Quite surpricingly though, as most of the BI projects interviews somehow always ends up with one of the BI guys tell how much they are into flexible designing, open for modding etc.

Ontopic - I'm quite certain that BI won't stop people from porting OFP islands into ArmA. They cant loose a dime on this smile_o.gif. It looks fantastic, I just wish I was able to install patch 1.07, but sadly i'm not.

shinRaiden, you totaly missing the point here. I am not asking bis to release, support or do anything with the OFP->ArmA.

All I wanted to point out that sharing information and knowledge between addon makers benefits all.. and thats the point. Something that a certain team has been very much against, and I think bis is the reason behind that policy and I think thats fucked up to be honest.

In a community thats about editing, testing beta patches for beta patches its sick we just getting the cold hand about the tools and a semi officiall project that refuse to share any knowledge what soever. Because you clearly all know more then us right now.

EDIT. Also about the ofp content not for arma and so on..

alot ALOT of content is in ArmA with slight changes, the grey houses in Petrovich is now red in ones in Corazol (among others), bmp2, a10 so on. Already in, if you go to www.flashpoint1985.com/breathe you can also find the sample models. So its basicly just the island and campaign we talking about.. and i highly doubt they would actually mind, other then maybe officially because of legal issues. BIS will probaly not sell one more copy of ArmA because of this or one less for OFP.. (however they sell alot because everyone knows this game will have thirdparty addons)

List of object from OFP thats present in ArmA

You're flamebaiting again on the subject of CWR, which you have done before, and resulted in various thread locks and warnings. That behavior is as destructive as that you claim BIS to be involved in.

I share information about how the process used here is wrong, and inherently flawed, based on information shared from BIS and posted on the community wiki, and you accuse me of encouraging the suppression of information?

CWR hasn't been against sharing the info, in large measure they constantly have to wait on BIS to finalize and communicate it. Given the hostile nature of these forums, and the irrational impatience expressed by many, is it any wonder that they had to resort to discussion bans so they could let Prague dictate things on their own timetable?

As for IP, you have your position and I have mine. I refer mainly to the long time ban from Prague on community redistribution of Nogova maps, on the premise that Resistance was optional and not everyone had it. IIRC, Prague stated that legally the community is over a barrel the moment they touch any BIS content, as opposed to purely self-created content. I don't know if there's publisher obligations either. BIS can give CWR whatever they want to from BIS's own data source, but who 'owns' what's on the OFP cd's we bought? I don't know, and that's the question I'm asking.

-edit-

That list of objects is just a list of content with a similar visual appearance that was released through totally different publishers for different products. I'm referring to the number of models and textures in the ace_everon package which were added from the OFP release, and thus made available to ArmA users without confirmation that they are in possession and compliance with an OFP license.

So if you were BIS, and you had to pick one task, which would it be? Work on a patch to hopefully shut up the spammers? Or police the forums for IP violations and community misbehavior?

if i were BIS, i would have arranged a 'Community Manager' that could handle these things in private, and peace.

that would be the appropreate guy to give a definitive verdict on all those questions, and supposed 'unwritten' laws that go around on the forums.

Wouldnt it be handy to get a real and final answer instead of an 'opinion' ? and wouldnt it be handy that people could actually ASK that community manager, before he even starts posting/modding such?

welll - im not BIS - but i know it would be dandy handy to have a community manager around....

whistle.gif

espectro : i have the feeling a new patch will be released soon! - so u can skip 1.07 smile_o.gif

Furthermore, WRPtool development is closed

Says who? You have no clue whats going on in WrpTool development, heh maybe thats why you checked #wrptool today to see if it still exists.

To everybody, WrpTool development continues, dont let persons like shinraiden say otherwise.

Says who? You have no clue whats going on in WrpTool development, heh maybe thats why you checked #wrptool today to see if it still exists.

To everybody, WrpTool development continues, dont let persons like shinraiden say otherwise.

So you've found people to replace Rom and Dschulle since they've moved on then?

WRPtool development was in jeopardy when you hijacked ODOL Explorer to attack the community, and stopped the day you told BIS to get stuffed. I got a nasty and ignorant flaming PM from one of your new gullible minions claiming that #wrptool was alive and well, and in all fairness decided to check it out. Sure enough, it was you in your own little world as usual.

How about you be a little more forthcoming with factual information about your real role in actual WRPtool programming, and not just PR spinning.

Guys, I'm sorry to add a noob question - but when the instructions say:

Quote[/b] ]just use the @ace_everon foldier to start the Island

What does that exactly mean to get it going?  I couldn't seem to find a .bat or .exe file in the addon to start ArmA with it...

...or can I just drop all the files into the addons like I did with the Afghan Island?

Thanks fellas, sorry for the dumb question...

...or can I just drop all the files into the addons like I did with the Afghan Island?

Yes, worked for me so I don't see any reason it shouldn't work for you.

Oh and don't be afraid to ask questions, that's why we have a forum smile_o.gif

You should use a Mod Folder. The page talks about OFP, but the concept and execution is identical.

The idea is to avoid loading every single addon each time you load ArmA. Why bother? Some addons are not compatible with each other, and assuming ArmA will be like OFP, we could end up with 10gB of addons.

I came in here to check out Everon and its all hijacked by offtopic.

@shinRaiden

Quote[/b] ]Given the hostile nature of these forums

Looking at your posts in here...I see you contributing to that "hostile" nature more often than not.

whistle.gif

You should use a Mod Folder. The page talks about OFP, but the concept and execution is identical.

The idea is to avoid loading every single addon each time you load ArmA. Why bother? Some addons are not compatible with each other, and assuming ArmA will be like OFP, we could end up with 10gB of addons.

Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of certain addons being incompatible with eachother.

Thanks Opteryx, appreciate it Sir wink_o.gif

Stew

Good job on the release, very pleased to see the influx of islands popping up now.

As for this shinRaiden person, just ignore him, i do smile_o.gif

Nick