Sign in to follow this  
luki

Everon 0.1

@shin:

Quote[/b] ]Work on a patch to hopefully shut up the spammers?

Am I allowed to use "forum spammer" as an addition to my nick?

@ Sgt.Ace:

Had yesterday a nice trip over Everon by copter in editor.

I feel home. And with VD 10000 I realized how TINY this island is, in copter hovering over Provins you can see almost all coastlines.

There was once a project where all 4 OFP islands where in one map. Guess this would not a bad idea for ArmA to bring Everon, Malden, Koguljev and Desert onto one map and concentrate on one out of 4 between each release.

Also the naval units become more sense with this approach.

Everon with its size makes no sense for copters, once you go up, you are visible to almost everyone at the island.

Guess streets and vegetation should be marked at map view asap, it took me several attempts to place a vehicle NOT in the woods.

yeah that addon was called AEC islands and had everon , malden and kolgujev on same pbo file so you could take a boat or plane or chopper and fly / drive between the old islands smile_o.gif

well i hope we can see that in arma sometime in future when people have put out all the islands into arma then it might be possible to compile it togheter, i think all those islands would take alot of time for one person to do maybe but i could be wrong tounge2.gif

bwtw whats the chance of everon in Nogova textues?

The AEC island was a cool idea, and still is, but not much people played after all.

We don't need bigger islands as Everon, just some with the same performance and tactial environment.

Islands like Davoc, Sinul, Anylim, Trinity or Atlantis.

Really good job on this, Ace. smile_o.gif

/edit: Sure, sure, BI is slow on information sharing... icon_rolleyes.gifLinky. whistle.gif

Really good job on this, Ace. smile_o.gif

/edit: Sure, sure, BI is slow on information sharing... icon_rolleyes.gifLinky. whistle.gif

compared to lets say Hidden & Dangerous, ofcourse BIS rules everything, this is why we (well, atleast i and my friends) bought this game but never Hidden & Dangerous..

Quote[/b] ]The AEC island was a cool idea, and still is, but not much people played after all.

We don't need bigger islands as Everon, just some with the same performance and tactial environment.

Islands like Davoc, Sinul, Anylim, Trinity or Atlantis.

Here I disagree, for utilizing air-units we need bigger maps, not necessarily covered completely by land.

For utilizing static copter/plane carriers we need open water.

So even a massive map with all old 4 and the OFP:R Nogova would make sense.

Btw, TrinityV2 was not small and my all time favorite.

The creator of Trinity is still making maps for VBS I guess.

Maybe he will surprise us.

I am very pleased to hear that you like this island

@INNOCENT&CLUELESS

Quote[/b] ]

Guess streets and vegetation should be marked at map view asap, it took me several attempts to place a vehicle NOT in the woods.

watch bottom of my first post

Little progress update: arma roads are in, buildings fixed and some new vegetation added, airport and castel added.

and just one note at the end i dl desert everon and co from ofp.info to create this island.

@Sgt.Ace:

This is very nice surprise, thank you very much. Like somebody said, it's like a return to The Island, where we lived through so much, and after many years we are visiting again, recognizing old places where we used to play :-)

I am so pleased that somebody already got such nice results in converting the old islands!

I can't wait for another update. This is the most promising addon for ArmA i seen so far ;-)

And to be little helpful:

i noticed there are some objects/trees/bushes floating in the air.

Do you want us to report these glitches, or have you already taken some global actions (sort of like some autoleveling tweak or data correction in the wrpedit or whatever) to correct these issues?

@Sgt.Ace:

If you want to share/do share the workload with others you can get a bugzilla/svn or a trac/svn set up for your development if you like.

TG and WGL using/used that so you can ask Jack Hammersmith or Phaeden for references if you never worked before in such an environment.

Or you can have just svn and just an own project in the bugtracker, but then linking between TT and builds needs to be done manually.

If you would go for the Monster-Map it would make sense.

Found a tree floating exactly 1km in the air, between EJ80 and EJ81 crazy_o.gif . Came across it while flying around in a cobra.

It's pretty cool exploring Everon again. Setting the viewdistance to 10km makes it feel so small.

Here I disagree, for utilizing air-units we need bigger maps, not necessarily covered completely by land.

For utilizing static copter/plane carriers we need open water.

So even a massive map with all old 4 and the OFP:R Nogova would make sense.

Thats why I want to redo something along the lines of my WaterWorld in ArmA.

http://cr-ofp.dyndns.org/index.php?view=751

With lots of airstrips, navy units and nice wide open water ..... I can see some serious fun.

Nice work btw Sgt.Ace

Awesome job, really love flying and driving around the island. The performance is so good as well, can have great battles on it. I'm glad you kept the original Flashpoint forest because as well as making forest fire fights in AA now playable, it feels like grungy Flashpoint too. Great job.

Oh boy! This brings tears into my eyes... The epic feeling of OpF.. My favorite island in ArmA, thx for the very good job, keep it going.

If I could only see some work of CWR. oh well.

Thanks Again.

please keep on working on this island! this is a reason to come back to arma!

Wicked !

So downloading..

notworthy.gif

Very nice work. I look forward to downloading this tomorrow.

The days of Campaign Everon.. return? tounge2.gif

Awww the memories...the memories sad_o.gif

Nice work mate... keep it going

wink_o.gif

Simple yet fun mission.

I think I liked it just because it was on Everon. biggrin_o.gif

Now if we just had some cool FIA missions.

why cant this be compatible with earlier versions, i mean, the reason why im not downloading 1.07 is

1# because its not compatible with my fav sound pack FDF

2# The community has yet to download therefore the only reason why i play Arma (multiplayer) would be impossible

My two pence lol