Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

This is my first UVWunwrap. What a pain that was. yay.gif

Polycount is 4181 for the first LOD.

m14EBR-13.jpg

m14EBR-12.jpg

As you can see, the texture is still a WIP. I'm planning a few versions: Short-Dot scope, aimpoint, Unertl, and silenced.

Hi, Yossarian; if you can make a M1A Scout and a M1A SOCOM-II

with the quality of that M14-EBR... i'll marry you. Let's C ya

cant wait for mp and flanking a sniper and knifing him!  tounge2.gif

Holding the knife in both hands like a golf-club!? crazy_o.gif

I hope it'll be possible to create some proper "knife-fighting"

(or at least "knife-holding") anims. That'd also be nice for the

commandos I'm still valiantly struggling to do. Here's a WIP

picture of their De Lisle silenced carbine and their Lee-Enfield

rifle: (clicky)

honestly, knife fighting is completely useless in Arma, for the simple fact that the AI can detect you, turn around, go prone and shoot you before you can run up to him. Try it yourself, make a mission, and using a pistol, try to get close enough to touch an enemy. If its one guy, you might get lucky, but if someone else is with him you are boned. Also, using the pistol anims is a great solution for the simple fact that it requires no scripting or modification of the unit itself. Any unit can use the knife perfectly and its 100% multiplayer compatible. I'd even go so far as to say there isn't a better way to do it, considering you would have to make a whole new set of animations for it even if you found a way to add a new weapon type (ie. rifle, launcher, pistol..). In the end that wouldn't make it anymore useful than it already is.

that depends on how you set up your unit in the cfg..

check my mercenaries..

you can sneak behind enemies with them very close if you walk slowly (F-key)

In OFP there was a minimum radius where the AI would detect you by default. You can test it in Arma by spawning an enemy within various ranges, behind the AI. If anything, time will be the deciding factor before it reacts. Crawling e.t.c is all well and good, but stabbing someone in the ankle is hardly fatal?

honestly, knife fighting is completely useless in Arma, for the simple fact that the AI can detect you, turn around, go prone and shoot you before you can run up to him. Try it yourself, make a mission, and using a pistol, try to get close enough to touch an enemy. If its one guy, you might get lucky, but if someone else is with him you are boned. Also, using the pistol anims is a great solution for the simple fact that it requires no scripting or modification of the unit itself. Any unit can use the knife perfectly and its 100% multiplayer compatible. I'd even go so far as to say there isn't a better way to do it, considering you would have to make a whole new set of animations for it even if you found a way to add a new weapon type (ie. rifle, launcher, pistol..). In the end that wouldn't make it anymore useful than it already is.

cant you mess about with this command and make a mini mod ?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">sensitivityEar

Float: Default 0.0075

Sets how well can the given unit hear others. The bigger the value, the better the hearing.

sensitivityEar = 0.13;//man

Some time ago i showed this on a german Forum so i thought i also show it here. Beside the scopes i am doing for Skaven and Shadow iam working on this 2 babies hope you like it. Thank you Skaven for your support. thumbs-up.gif

MG3 Ingame WIP

mg3jl4.th.jpg

MG4 early WIP

mg4screenxr5.th.jpg

greets

Not quite up to the standard of everyone else in this thread, but heres one of the models I have been working on as I get to grasps with the general concepts.  Just started work on the higher poly turrent so I still need to fix that up and also add some bolts onto the hull, but after that I will see if I can get a normal mapping figured out.  If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to add them.

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182....MG]

@Mehman,

Thanks for the feedback, yeah i had alot of trouble with the tracks, one reason being my 32mb pro-savage graphics chip struggled to move things around when I got to a higher poly count, but anyway this is just a learning model for private use, but I will do my best to fix those after I have redone the turrent when I get to transfer it over to my home pc this weekend. Still struggling with the smoothing as you can tell, but hopefully I will get better soon. Thanks again for the comment.

Well the only thing that bothers me is the way the tracks bend around the drive sprocket, looks wierd. And the roadwheels on the high poly version look boxy.

im working on publicity....

for you guys...

what can i say? - not much.

Take a trip in arma, a trip to Afghanistan....

http://www.armedassault.eu/Work-in....IP.html

- and remember folx!

Want exposure for your addon? stick to addon making, we'll take care of your publicity...

SahraniRadio + www.ArmedAssault.eu -> Ammo for your mind!

looks interesting jerry, although I feel a couple of screenshots would get the message across better than a ~11mb video.

While this may look like a rip from FS (which it is wink_o.gif ) this 1 will be released once I finish a couple more things.

PiperWII_1.jpg

PiperWII_2.jpg

Slowly but surely, my RG-31 is taking shape. I've got to add an RWS, work on the top, the back, the inside, and the suspension. Click on the pic for a larger image.

progress21ska2.jpg

Abs

Looking really nice Abs!

Im glad that your making this, I found some super high res refrence for this once, and thought it would be a fun one to make, but like i said, im really glad youve made such a nice one..

smile_o.gif

Plane is also looking sweet

Looking really nice Abs!

Im glad that your making this, I found some super high res refrence for this once, and thought it would be a fun one to make, but like i said, im really glad youve made such a nice one..

smile_o.gif

huh.gif You did? I spent months looking for blueprints of it. whistle.gif You're not willing to share, are you?

Abs

Looking really nice Abs!

smile_o.gif

huh.gif You did? I spent months looking for blueprints of it. whistle.gif You're not willing to share, are you?

Abs

lots of inside shots

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=622416674&size=o

http://www.flickr.com/photos....2416674

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=36955.0

If i ever find any more ill let you know...

here is something im working on...2nd to last distance lod for a afghan village house.... texture is just thrown on for this phase of making the lods.. Im working backwards from box to detailed loam/dried mud house...

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e215/djfrogstar/06percent.jpg

Slowly but surely, my RG-31 is taking shape. I've got to add an RWS, work on the top, the back, the inside, and the suspension. Click on the pic for a larger image.

Abs

YES ABS !!!!!!!1111!!!1 YEs I lovee it! Yes! Im soooo O!@O Happy! OMG YEA!

Thankyou my saint!

Ive been waiting for this for so long! The HMMWV is outdated in my campaigns~

Will you be sure to beef up the underbelly in the config so it can take a beating from mines and ied's?