Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Return of the Jackal

A bit more work done. Textures are complete (not including dirt and scratches yet, thats still to be done as always), but thanks to swift88's recent trip to DVD2008 for some reference pictures, I now need to add the comms/ecm locker on the back as well as a couple of outriggers for comms antennas.

Otherwise, time for normal and specular maps. She's a chunky girl, weighs in at just under 10k, but the jerry cans, at4's and weapons are all proxys, so theres a bit extra to factor in there. crazy_o.gif

holy shit! pistols.gif

I did a search on google but couldnt really find an answer.

But are these able to be air lifted? Or are they too heavy?

A WMIK could even fit inside a chinook right? With the top

gunner station taken off?

That will definatly not work with this baby. whistle.gif But is

it possible for a chinook to take one along underslung?

And the front armour isnt on all the jackals right? Does that

make a difference in air lifting?

Very cool vehicles! A proper truggy truck buggy...

thumbs-up.gif This is also going to be very cool for arma just like the rovers! biggrin_o.gif

edit

envisions HWMIK crazy_o.gif

I was talking to Rock about it, and looking at various tech specs and forums. The normal landrover wmik fits in no problems, as long as you remove the top weapon.

The Jackal has active suspension, so you can sit and manually adjust its ride height for different conditions. Its got a setting that alllows it to 'kneel' down on its suspension to lower its height quite considerably.

With it kneeling and its top weapon remove it is the correct dimensions to fit into a chinook (Just)... however due to its weight it requires a special palette so not to put too much stress on the air frame... and the RAF have not purchased this palette. Thus, its only ever going to be under slung it seems.

Just wanted to throw in some info on the SCAR models regarding polycount versus LODs.

Workfile model (base model with all accesoirs, covering all variants, dual laser devices, surefire, ABC bipod, EGLM and one scope).

LOD0.000: 10.358F/10.259P

LOD0.500: 8.978F/9.037P

LOD1: 7.006F/7.027P

LOD2: 4.620F/4.730P

LOD4: 2.910F/3.059P

LOD8: 1.718F/1.915P

LOD16: 979F/1.085P

LOD32: 527F/626P

LOD64: 254F/291P

LOD128: 73F/98P

Mix of quads and tris where needed (no linear and planar errors).

no linear and planar errors.

Although this was clearified not to be a problem at all for engine it still signifies very good and patient UV mapping. smile_o.gif

I am not sure, however, if having more LODs is allways better.

It was shown with OFP engine that having too many LODs would decreease performance (due to switching?).

But as I stress out: in OFP.

BIS ArmA models have 50% reduction for each step.

excellent! now we are going to have a presidental car! keep it up! I want to see more civilian cars in arma  smile_o.gif You could script it so that if you go too fast there might be an engine failure and the engine will go BOOOM and start smoking nicely tounge2.gif

Sup "stuff you are working on" thread.

Started working on a North American terrain today because I wanted to check out the high res DEM data available for the US.

So far it's not looking too bad.

The map is a small 10x10 km area around Applegate Lake in Oregon. One thing that might make this project a bit complicated is that the lake is dammed, therefore I'll have to make a huge water object in order to have dry terrain below the lake's water level.

Here's some screens:

Buldozer1

Buldozer2

Satellite map

One thing I wish I had done before I started composing the satellite, the lake should be more centered, but I wasn't thinking too clearly today so I'll just leave it like that.

BTW, are terrains like these of any interest to people?

Looks great. I like the terrain, it'll be perfect for infantry fights in the mountains. Are there any towns or settlements around?

Should definately be added, fighting in small towns on different terrain levels would be awesome.

Are there any towns or settlements around?

Nah, I specifically chose an area with little to no structure population, mainly because I want to get it quickly done and I'm getting quite frankly tired of urban terrains. There's a few farms and and some cabins around though.

-edit-

Got it in-game now

pic1

pic2

pic3

pic4

Nice terrain you got there, finally a proper map for infantry action. Except ArmA AI hates mountains.... tounge2.gif

Something I did at work today while i had time. Its a start of a M1117 ASV. I think it would be a cool vehicle?

ASV.jpg

M1117 is a cool vehicle.

Progress on my model...

suspensionax8.jpg

Started to model suspension, since lack of photos jsut using my imagination...

Opteryx: really nice, I think its good that it doesnt have any villages or towns, becase we can make (if it will be released) some outposts for infantry with existing HESCOS(included in ArmA update 1.14) etc. wink_o.gif

NZXSHADOWS: looks good too, but what about uparmored humvees addon ? I cant wait to play with them... whistle.gif

smile_o.gif

Opetryx, that island is the most kickassing I have ever seen. maybe one or two little villages with sheriff's ofice and a post office and few homes.  smile_o.gif  And with P85, it will be world in conflict all over again  tounge2.gif

I guess he said already that there will be no villages.

@Opteryx:

Really nice terrain, even without villages. But maybe make sure there are some rather flat spots where small villages can be placed manually. smile_o.gif

@NZXSHADOWS:

You should be more often at work with some free time at your hands. wink_o.gif

Awesome map Opteryx!

A question, how does the map end/how does map border look like when its all terrain and not a piece of land surrounded by water a la Sahrani?

Hi all, i go port the Modulowatt concept to arma.

v0030238.jpg

I certanly need some help for script in the future.

Yeah, Wolle is right, maybe those empty places would be better, everyone can make villages look as they want  smile_o.gif

BTW opeteryx, will you change the water from tropical and clear to more dirty instead? I heard its possible somehow.. wow_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Nah, I specifically chose an area with little to no structure population, mainly because I want to get it quickly done and I'm getting quite frankly tired of urban terrains.

I can relate to that! biggrin_o.gif Really nice looking terrain, Opteryx. Using 10 meter DEM? Nice.

Looks nice Opteryx! thumbs-up.gif Just add some flat spots here and there for people to add their own villages or small towns. smile_o.gif

Im seeing that island for a epic world in conflict setting biggrin_o.gif

Town located in Central Europe - WIP:

2qs530j.jpg

Finished town will be A LOT OF bigger than this, this is only a part of the town.

For personal use only(learning Visitor) at this time, MAYBE I can release it in the future....

You could add some more variety with the civilian buildings from... P44 is it?

Not at this time, I am making it AS REAL AS POSSIBLE, and every building there(or better said block of flats) its almost same(in real-life), so its good now. wink_o.gif

Looking great Opteryx, good luck with the project Sir! biggrin_o.gif