Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Opteryx you maps are great.  They have always been fun and make great missions.  

Maybe its to early to ask but I was wondering if your new island is going to have an Airport?

No airport, wouldn't make sense to make one as there is none present in real life. I'm just not a big fan of adding major features that don't exist in the real world location, I prefer to keep it as authentic as possible. Minor features I will probably deviate on as I've spent a lot of time making Saddam murals and such... don't think you'll find a lot of those in the Kurdish areas of Iraq  crazy_o.gif but since I've spent so much time making them I want to put them to good use.

Anyway, one thing regarding the map is that it has a pretty intricate road structure, so I suspect that AI will be somewhat (if not very) bad at navigating along roads. Here's two examples:

Road

City

The current system in Visitor is just anally retarded and not suitable for recreating real life road networks, hopefully ArmA2 will solve this either using VBS2 technology or something else.

Here's another gadget I'm working on for mine and Dasquade's SCARs.

Its an Aimpoint CompM4S.

compm4sfg9.jpg

Most irritating problem with speculars is that in ArmA you cannot have separate color for each RGB channel. You are limited to one specular color per material.

So you should never expect to see things looking as juicy as CSS or U3.  huh.gif

So most people go with white (because the other colors look like there is something wrong with them) and so you get white shining brass or wood.

Scratches should be both on diffuse (put ontop with arround 20% alpha) and specular (as full white).

I don't have info about ArmA2, apart from trailers etc. Looking at press releases I can tell they use new types of shaders.

Let's avoid offtopic however.

Thanks for the info Panda, any word of them fixing that for arma2?, they have said there will be improved shaders.

So you're saying that you can acheive multi colored spec on an object as long as they're on seperate materials?

alrighty, thanks for the comments, i'll take it in account when I get the time to work on it again.

Also those flats that that guy posted in that other forum is if great help to me! I learn much from flats. I'm just trying these lines out for now because I saw them in the forgotten hope 2 flats. I was trying out some stuff there with the accented lines, so I'll try some more.

Looking great, Binkowski - good luck with the project mate wink_o.gif

Stew pistols.gif

from what i see the worst is done smile_o.gif

Looks like they fit like a glove.

from what i see the worst is done smile_o.gif

Looks like they fit like a glove.

I'm afraid not, there's tons of small erratic paths off in the country side. sad_o.gif

Does the Mapfact 3DE help in any way the construction of these roads?

Does the Mapfact 3DE help in any way the construction of these roads?

Nope, that would be impossible, terrain is too complex as I need to run moving average script on most road segments, otherwise I'd have to spent a year in photoshop on the heightmap.

me again, everytime I think I can have a break something else comes along:

Conversion of Skaircro's F-111 in RAAF version for the ADF mod and USAF versions for general release. camo/grey textures as per eddyD. It's in an alpha state at the moment I'll give more info about release etc later:

youtube video here:

F-111 in action - Arma

Southy

F-111%20camo.jpg

F-111%20camo2.jpg

f-111%20grey.jpg

Loooooove the F-111! That'll be a fine addition to the Arma skies!

On a side note, the ADF are mad to replace it with the JSF banghead.gif

hanas2lt6.jpg

Polish PeaceKeepers have problem... HAMAS AL - QASSAM BRIGADE!

EDIT:

Closer

bliskolb8.jpg

@Binkowski

There is something strange about your rvmat settings and / or your normal map. There's some weird shading going on on the face (maybe image compression), and there's some weird shading angles going on on your sleeves (it looks like). It also looks like there is a specular component to the render. If any of the things I'm talking about aren't artifacts of a weird light angle / image compression, you may wish to investigate.

Yeah Plaintiff, it's a problem I've been meaning to fix just haven't gotten time to sit down and work with it, I'm pretty sure its an RVMAT Problem. smile_o.gif

Hello peoples!

Couple pics of my Brit units, have redone the body armour (completely seperated it from the unit model and resized it a bit), have also fiddled around with some of the units backpacks. still tons to do and i am very short on time atm. The units in the pics are of my Squad Leader and Support Rifleman (will most likely be renamed marksman).

Might even try to sort the blood effects out this time tounge2.gif

NewBrit.jpg

NewBrit2.jpg

Comments very welcome smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Comments very welcome

Does "sensational' count as a comment? biggrin_o.gif

Great stuff Stalker, Maza and Eble! biggrin_o.gif

Very nice, not normally a fan of brit kit in any form but this looks particularly good, will probably keep a closer eye on this in future. smile_o.gif

Again mate.

If you want some cool propper working 3d nametags, pls contact me.

I was just checking rygugu's blog and found out that his t-55 is already in-game. And it looks awesome. He really is an artist notworthy.gif

Lennard.