Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

crazy_o.gif

Exactly.

I think its better you all took your little testosterone  elsewhere, and deal with it amongst yourselves.

Tanks comments are hardly regarded as begging, the thread is discussing and displaying things you are working on, Tank merely complimented and then made a note of what he think would be better, which was then addressed suitable by another member with what's currently out there.

If it was a request like we've already made to Opteryx, it would of been sent by PM, which it has, and we were replied promptly and nicely too.

Unlike [Plantiffs,Lt_Ponchos] attempt to flame the thread with egregious comments and attempt to start a debate on something so petty. Go rally elsewhere.

Mods: Should possibly clean this up, as they are clearly attempting to start a flame war.

Regards,

Rommel

Someone is trying to flame but I don't think it's me or poncho wink_o.gif

To get this back on topic....

71162519964584.gif

6db7d719964585.gif

Here's some more WIP Shots. My units are nearly ready for release, I just need someone to help me binarize, I keep getting a packing error. If you wanna help me just shoot me a PM.

Quote[/b] ]crazy_o.gif

that sums it up pretty well! u guys need to realize that only the fact that u are allowed to post everything u want doesn't make it more meaningful. EVERYBODY NEEDS TO GET OVER THE FACT THAT PEOPLE ARE USING THEIR SPARE TIME TO CREATE THIS STUFF. so compared to what addon makers are doing your opinion is F***** worthless. it's just like a stinky demotivating fart they smell...and once it flies away in the wind they just think WTF was that?! crazy_o.gif

so the "request" is as worthless as the oh so heroic standing in for the right of opteryx. still there's a right to say all this...but does it all really make sense in a universal way?!

PEOPLE!!! just enjoy the stuff those creative guys are creating for ya and try to annoy them as less as u can.

very nice though Opteryx... biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Why can't we all just get along? inlove.gif

that's the elemental question in every game based forum that's filled up with unsatisfied male losers...it's the testosteron driven competition covered in "rational" discussions...the modern man's actualization of maleness...sad but true icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote[/b] ]Why can't we all just get along?  inlove.gif

that's the elemental question in every game based forum that's filled up with unsatisfied male losers...it's the testosteron driven competition covered in "rational" discussions...the modern man's actualization of maleness...sad but true icon_rolleyes.gif

That made me laugh. Well said Benson biggrin_o.gif

But regardless, it's getting too far off topic. I only ask that people begin to act a little more maturely instead of blowing things out of proportion. I'll leave the rest to any mods.

Quote[/b] ]Why can't we all just get along?  inlove.gif

Modern day version of the guy who gets the spear in the Mammoth? (ref 10,000bc)

rofl.gif

OT:

http://thumbnails10.imagebam.com/1997/6db7d719964585.gif

They look mad, the sunnies are a little out there, but maybe some more alpha and they'd suit.

They appear a bit too grey though, going to check some reference pics against them on google.

And although we won't be releasing publicly, the AAF SteyrA3;

betamg8.jpg

so the "request" is as worthless as the oh so heroic standing in for the right of opteryx.

Oh, I wasn't standing up for Opteryx. He can listen to all the requests he wants. I just think that this isn't the place to make them. There are lots of other places to do that.

Great news. It would suck if someone released yet another 5.56 system.  rofl.gif

On a serious side: how does the bullet cross this gap in the beggining? Or is it like with revolvers? wink_o.gif

@ Dec. 04 2008,10:22)]

Great news. It would suck if someone released yet another 5.56 system.  rofl.gif

On a serious side: how does the bullet cross this gap in the beggining? Or is it like with revolvers? wink_o.gif

tell you the truth mate,

At the moment I have got absolutely no idea.

I'll put in a word to our modeller about that... bit strange on retrospect...

smile_o.gif

IIRC the F88A3 breaks in half to load via the breech; the epoxy magazine is just for frightening off predators and storing No-Doz. biggrin_o.gif

I'll put in a word to our modeller about that... bit strange on retrospect...

I think the barrel should also be visible trough the holes in the sides. So I guess one part of model is simply not there yet (or these are biggest barrel portings I have ever seen wink_o.gif ).

This is an early alpha stage of a Sa-9b 'Gaskin'. No Public linking please. biggrin_o.gif

Notice that the cover of the starterboxes stays vertical when you move the turret. I am using the hatch source for the folding animation. That makes the AI travel with the folded starterboxes, when the safe mode is used. The only problem is that the animation is very quick, based on the hatch source. Does anyone knows a workaround for the animation without scripting it?

e11c30f1784f91785865858d45287e6a79f248d8.jpg

256ac2c48779642539a6eb63de4997d1392087b4.jpg

8f961f527c12f61115586267e16bc0d5b4a2caca.jpg

First Vid shows slowmotion, second shows in normal time. You can see that the starterboxes are folded before the turret is centered again.

4c51b-4.jpg

4c51f-4.jpg

Su34 Replacement for the Forces-of-War with costum paintjob (there is a version with more voluminous looking flames, which i will upload later in full resolution).

e062b6b904d1863c4fad489ad39f4b52881e2da4.jpg

Full Resolution updated version.

We do have permissions for it mate, don't worry we weren't pulling no shiftys;

We have left the authors signature on it, reference the side of the scope, it looks nice anyway.

In other news we've also added an Eotech, Aimpoint and ACOG variant of that rifle, with the ability to have a flashlight, working NAD and also an M203.

smile_o.gif

edit: I forgot to add that detail to the picture post, but I was still a little distracted by the previous posts, and was just a way to help get topic back on track.

...working NAD...

What's a "NAD"?

In a perfunctory attempt to stay on topic, here's an

extremely "WIP" shot of some of my stuff. No details

or normal maps or fancy stuff yet (stop laughing at the

back, there! )

wipbods.jpg

Not even ambient occlusion? I suggest at least downloading Xnormal, loading exported 3ds as a lowpoly and running the Simple AO generator from tools tab. This will add some 3D feel with nearly no effort.

Mapping on the back of legs is too stretched. O2 mapping?

Otherwise it can turn outot be a nice addon.

Hmm, has anybody experimented with O2 and importing unwrapped models and somehow merging just the UVs?

@ Dec. 06 2008,22:36)]Not even ambient occlusion? I suggest at least downloading Xnormal, loading exported 3ds as a lowpoly and running the Simple AO generator from tools tab. This will add some 3D feel with nearly no effort.

Thanks for the tips. I guess that ambient occlusion stuff has

to wait until they are textured properly. The textures are

garbage just now.

Some minor progress on the Afghan Village map.

afghanvillage.jpg

jhgkjhg2.jpg

gahhh-1.jpg

Hi, that map looks very good and seems to be a perfect place where

play some light armoured ambush and patrol missions, i hope to play

on it soon; also the new custom buildings look very good. Let's C ya

Yeah don't get your hopes up, the project file (.pew) got corrupted so I might have to cancel this unless there's someway to retrieve the data.  banghead.gif

FUNK !! that really sux Opteryx   crazy_o.gif

Try Synide maybe, he seems to be a good one for decrypting BIS files.

ouch! Thats why you always need to keep 2 or 3 backups of any running project tounge2.gif

Anyway, i hope you can recover the project. It was looking really nice.

If you think to start it over, make the map bigger wink_o.gif