Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Yeah looking forward to them especially the 3 Para Desert DPM Troops. Though the DPM troops pictures above are very awesome for Europe Urban Warfare. wink_o.gif PM me if you need help with the 3 Para Helmets(camo netting). I have a 4 day weekend coming up and I will probably be able to do them after Thanks Giving Day. (You know alot of turkey and a NFL game to watch). biggrin_o.gif

wip-1.jpg

Ok, quick update, I took your advices in account. No specular yet. neither normal map. comments, crits, help, flats, more than welcome.

img]http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo312/Gorak_2008/wip-1.jpg[/img]

Ok, quick update, I took your advices in account. No specular yet. neither normal map. comments, crits, help, flats, more than welcome.

You've still got illogical wear and stuff in there... It looks like you have scrapes on the inside corners, and the scrapes I think are too thick. You also you have some wear on some corners that are not really corners on the real weapon. I would suggest finding some high res photos and studying those.

img]http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo312/Gorak_2008/wip-1.jpg[/img]

You've still got illogical wear and stuff in there... It looks like you have scrapes on the inside corners, and the scrapes I think are too thick.  You also you have some wear on some corners that are not really corners on the real weapon.  I would suggest finding some high res photos and studying those.

Where exactly though, just so I'm sure, could you do me a favour and circle out the areas?

Maza94

which the possibility of creating an addon with Arab civilians

your addons are great

sorry bad inglish confused_o.gif

Great work Maza! Can't wait to fight them with some ACU Units wink_o.gif

Where exactly though, just so I'm sure, could you do me a favour and circle out the areas?

Sure I can!

Friendly Critique

You are comparing two different models of Tommy gun there,

so your "bad/missing shape" crit is unfounded.

I do agree with the rest, though.

Ah, I was looking for a picture of a Tommygun without that flange there but I couldn't find one, so I assumed that it was a mistake on Mehman's part.  Cheers to Faulkner.

Some more WIP, testing out some new models / textures.

Good work, Binkowski. I really like the way the textures look. Nice work on the normals.

Abs

"MehMan" is apparently making a late-production model M1928[A1],

presumably for his "Burning Sands" British troops. That model had

no flange.

Aye, I wanted to make the barrel ribbed too, however after doing some calculations on the polycount needed to achieve a non blocky visual, I opted to let this slight historical accuracy fall through.

Any way, cheers for the comments!

Working on retexturing the rover 110 originally made by Python Art Studio's to be used by the Australian Armed Forces group.

Monty from AAF is also working on the configs and is just about done. Plus shadow LODs have been refined with more detail. So unlike the Beta, this will run pretty smooth.

rover04akd4.jpg

rover04bqb5.jpg

@ Binkowski: That strange looking colors in the face of your soldier model is caused by the shadow lod. It is too big for the face and casts shadows on the whole face.

Make sure that the head is smaller in the shadow lod than in your resolution lod and all faces have sharp edges.

@ TankCommander: Looking good! Any plans to swap the Russian gear for Western?

@TankCommander : very nice looking rovers, i like the dirt and weathered effect on the camouflage, and the camo net looks good

Daniel @ Nov. 28 2008,13:00)]@ TankCommander: Looking good! Any plans to swap the Russian gear for Western?

Yeah the gears already been swapped...

edit: Apparently my wording was politcally incorrect, so I'll just let you lot read TC's post below...

Romm out.

rofl.gif

I'm pretty sure that Monty was swapping out the weapons for an M249 and M2. This was only started last night with modifying the original model so info can be a bit sketchy. Will update when more is gathered as I'm currently getting files off him.