Sign in to follow this  
Silverfox01

Patch 1.08

This vote is for everyone who want to tell what he wants to see in the next patch.

Personally I think BIS should concentrate on performance update for the next patch,

because all last patches doesn't show great performance improvements sad_o.gif

And having to play the game on low even with a 4600+ / 7900gt isn't much fun confused_o.gif

i would like new anim's to get away from the robotic xbox controller style feeling, somethink like the old ofp or cod2 or whatever, everythink would be better. Anyway i voted for performance as i'm a 8800GTX user

@ [CS]SOBR[1st-I-R]

Well i like the m14 with the aimpoint setup from Black Hawk Down and also like the sas motto : Who Dares Wins.

I guess its sort of confusing, i'll change it  smile_o.gif

Anyway i want performace and bug fixes but since i cant pick both: a couple minor bug fixes because it runs ok on my computer.

my vote - dualcore support

i know it is hard work

BIS made very very very big work on ARMA i know how big effort it was , but buying new PC i am expecting better performance than people with lower PC

now n 1.07 there are super faces, SLA infantry looks super now

I'd give my left testicle for a fix to the 8800 problems.

thanks for adding this poll, hopefully BIS sees it and can direct their efforts accordingly

Here's the way I see it -

Even if they corrected all of the bugs in the game, with 30 FPS or lower for most players, it will still be hard to enjoy. I'd rather get the performance boost and deal with the bugs.

Dual-core support would be really nice. All of my computers are dual core, and a game like ArmA should really take advantage of it.

And, of course, bug fixes.

I'd give my left testicle for a fix to the 8800 problems.

My 8800 gts works flawlessly in 1.05 beta, but didnt in 1.07, so i rolled back

The performance problems in the game are 99% surely related to hard drive access!

Something about the terrain loading, especially buildings, has been FUBAR'd in 1.07. At first I thought the performance was the same, but when I first strolled into Paraiso with Fraps showing me my framerate, I was proved wrong.

With 1.05+ I usually had 25-40fps in large cities - with 1.07 it has dropped to around 15-20fps. I tried everything - set all graphics to low, 800x600 resolution, defragmented my hard drive, but the FPS would hardly budge. Then I decided to try the "no pagefile tweak".... and voila! Less HD usage = 25-30 fps in cities. Just like that.

This brings me to the uncomfortable conclusion that something has been changed for the worse when it comes to loading (or pre-loading) the terrain, especially buildings. If there are no cities nearby, the game is actually quite playable, but large numbers of buildings almost bring ArmA to a crawl.

I'd like to see more performance enhancements, and the modding tools wink_o.gif

I like that way which BIS does,deciding perfomance problems and bugs.But all in all wouldn't it be better to see 1.08 even not next 2 month,but next 3 months.To have time and for 8800 support and fixing a lot of bugs.As for me I would wait for and then to find out the real progress.

I think that the iron sights on AK are too far from my face when I shoot it. It seems when you aim, that I am holding the gun with my arms all stretched forward. In other words, the iron sights need to be bigger.

Also when you fire a Sabot round into the ground up close, there is no even a little splash of dirt, looks like a little bullet. When you fire it far away, it looks cool. So, probably a bit more of a splash for close shooting.

AI accuracy with small arms at 200 meter is amazing! Perhaps tune it down a little?

KA-50 has a TV-type sight for shooting. If you are hoovering and the target is just a little bellow you line of fire, you have to tilt the entire chopper forward to aim. But tillting the chopper forward makes it accellerate, so ... kind of a problem. I think that the TV sight should be able to move up and down without moving the entire helicopter.

I'd like to see some engine improvements, especially in the sound sector.

Some sound dampening for the pilots / crews in vehicles from their own engine sound would be nice. If you sit in a cockpit, you don't hear the engine as loud as an outsider, actually nealy nothing (don't know if that is true for an A-10/AV8B, though).

The crew has ear protection with (throat) mikes in tanks, so they should be able to hear their comrades talking/shouting commands.

Another thing is realism. The developers walk the wrong direction. The Armory is just wrong, if you ask me. What do we need challenges for, if they could've made a new campaign instead? Or tweaked, enhanced already existing content, like animations (javelin still sucks), models, textures and of course vehicle interieurs like we had in OFP.

Animated bolts for rifles are possible, why didn't BIS implemented them in the first place?

New muzzleflashes and effects, like smoke, would enhance the realism as well. Smoke/counter measure launchers for vehicles and something like that are still missing.

The performance problems in the game are 99% surely related to hard drive access!

Something about the terrain loading, especially buildings, has been FUBAR'd in 1.07. At first I thought the performance was the same, but when I first strolled into Paraiso with Fraps showing me my framerate, I was proved wrong.

With 1.05+ I usually had 25-40fps in large cities - with 1.07 it has dropped to around 15-20fps. I tried everything - set all graphics to low, 800x600 resolution, defragmented my hard drive, but the FPS would hardly budge. Then I decided to try the "no pagefile tweak".... and voila! Less HD usage = 25-30 fps in cities. Just like that.

This brings me to the uncomfortable conclusion that something has been changed for the worse when it comes to loading (or pre-loading) the terrain, especially buildings. If there are no cities nearby, the game is actually quite playable, but large numbers of buildings almost bring ArmA to a crawl.

was testing the 1.07 beta patch last night... flying the A-10, getting lots of terrain texture problems... not loading fast enough. Totally ruins the experience

at the menu screen, when its flying over the island... the trees keep popping up too late and it stutters, as if they're not being loaded fast enough but i have a very fast hard-drive, dual core and a 7900GT whistle.gif

cause they are lazy... they get their money no matter what... they hardly care.

SIR! PERMISSION TO SPEAK.

Sir, I believe that its quite immature to call a development team lazy, Sir.

damn my comp runs arma fine except sometimes it crashes but i think its some of the custom scripts i put into my mission im play testing alot lately tounge2.gif

i dont notice much lag at all , 2 gig of ram and my gf 7600 gs is working the game normal really nice. Yeah the fps drops when i have some fun in the editor throwing togheter large large tank or infantery battles but other than that it runs ok.

i just hope the a.i and boats and other stuff works better now.

Helicopter rotor blades - need to work properly. Lift / drop with throttle/collective? It almost just follows your nose at the moment, like a fixed-wing.... sad_o.gif