Sign in to follow this  
Mobious

Combat Ops

They need to see what kind of feed back they get from the latest release. Is there a need for fast corrections or not.

But if ArmA was fully working people would not be expecting patches so eagerly here wink_o.gif

But if ArmA was fully working people would not be expecting patches so eagerly here wink_o.gif

ArmA is already fully working ... more or less.

Depends on what you expected; imho still all people complaining w/o a stop are pretty much spoiled.

PS.. LOL, dummy spat out of the pram.. Someone with 3000+ posts telling me to get a life..   rofl.gif

What is that suppost to mean, there is many people just like me who all lead normal lives with just as many.

And just becuase i have a high post count means shit to anyone. Its people like you who get people like me wanting.. [/End Here]

All that i was posting was to stop all the "Kiddies" spamming OMG OMG why cant we have patch 1.06 now becuase US have it. When there is a perfect explantion which had been posted countless times. Yeah Someone said it, and so someone told them why, that doesnt mean 10 other people have to come into the thread and post exactly the same crap which just got answed. goodnight.gif

This is BS! Rah, rah, rah ... etc ... etc ...

I thought this thread was going to be about Combat Ops. Not a bunch of whiny bastards talking about when the next patch would come out ... maybe someone can change the title.

This is BS! Rah, rah, rah ... etc ... etc ...

I thought this thread was going to be about Combat Ops.  Not a bunch of whiny bastards talking about when the next patch would come out ... maybe someone can change the title.

For the majority of people here, Combat Ops IS a patch.

Why changing the title just because some people think they must hijack every topic with their whining because they can't have a patch which currently is simply not ready to release?

I suggest we go back to topic, otherwise this topic gets locked.

MattRochelle

The 'retarted' wasn't nice, you should know better.

Yup lets get back on topic.

The only reason I originally asked about the patch was with most of the games I have ever played if a new version was released there would have been a patch for exsisting versions so that they would all be compatable. It is not an unreasonable question. If we all have to wait a little bit that is fine.

I'm not sure what the original topic is, the title is Combat Ops.

Welp today is the day for the US. Combat Ops is supose to hit the stores. Does this mean the 1.06 patch is not far behind?

The uniting patch will probably be released as soon as the Atari exclusive expires. But I kind of thought this were just another "when will the patch... " type of thread.

Yup lets get back on topic.

The only reason I originally asked about the patch was with most of the games I have ever played if a new version was released there would have been a patch for exsisting versions so that they would all be compatable. It is not an unreasonable question. If we all have to wait a little bit that is fine.

Well... The official, logical and correct answer is: When it's ready. All good things comes to those who wait. You might as well learn patience now, because ArmA is the type of game that will test yours, but also reward you for it. In this case it's a bit easier to predict, as Atari probably have a 2 week exclusive, but otherwise putting as exact date on coding or patching is generally not a good idea. Gaming forums has a tendency to spontaneously combust while waiting for official news. But that's nothing, zip, zero, compared to what happens when the gamer is slapped across the face with a... dare I say it? ...a ...delay. Gamers handle impatience 'less worse' than delays. So...

BIS and Codemaster broke up and BIS lost the name Operation Flashpoint and a worldwide publisher. BIS probably had to release in stages, with exclusive deals, to maintain control of the milsim type of game they wanted ArmA to be. They could have approached EA, but EA would probably have demanded a PG3 version, with bunnyhopping and Sahrani decreased to 1x1km^2 and heavy fog.

Quote[/b] ]They could have approached EA, but EA would probably have demanded a PG3 version, with bunnyhopping and Sahrani decreased to 1x1km^2 and heavy fog.

An eerie and rather discomforting chill ran down my spine when I read that...

I think everyone who has already picked up a copy of Combat Ops should be complaining right now.

If you don't care about what you spend your money on then that's a issue in it's own. I for one expect when I dish my earned money to a company that developed a game, I should be receiving a working product. Obviously if the game is going to require a patch to fully function and the patch is not included in the game then the game should have never been released in such state.

Don't substitute quality for quantity.

When I pay I expect to be able to play as is right then, not wait for the company to get their act together.

Quote[/b] ]What is that suppost to mean, there is many people just like me who all lead normal lives with just as many.

And just becuase i have a high post count means shit to anyone. Its people like you who get people like me wanting.. [/End Here]

All that i was posting was to stop all the "Kiddies" spamming OMG OMG why cant we have patch 1.06 now becuase US have it. When there is a perfect explantion which had been posted countless times. Yeah Someone said it, and so someone told them why, that doesnt mean 10 other people have to come into the thread and post exactly the same crap which just got answed

PLz sticky this,as a flame thread.

=Grip= if ComOp is totally unplayable you'd have a point, is it? If you're demanding a patch though, you'll have to wait like everyone else.

And if you're of limited funds, you've had around about five months to research whether or not to invest your full portefolio in ArmA: Combat Operations. Plus by now, it's should be common knowledge that BIS has been forced to release ArmA in different stages worldwide to maintain control and funded.

Quote[/b] ]Don't substitute quality for quantity.

I never do, that's why BIS products appeal to me.

When I pay I expect to be able to play as is right then, not wait for the company to get their act together.

Same here...

.. and i think, if a dev has to patch a game, the developer has a duty to set him self public deadlines.

So the customer has a clue and don't need to ask here for updates.

Heh. BIS is pocketing some good money with these 2 week "exclusives" deals they're signing with publishers.

Cant blame em for wanting to make more money, at least don't lie to us about it.

'Oh, its not ready yet..'

pfffft.

What I also don't understand is these people defending the actions of BIS. It almost seems like the Matt guy wants his patch to be delayed more.

I'm a US resident and I went out of my way and picked ArmA up early from Europe. Instead of being rewarded for my loyalty, I feel like I'm being spat in the face. Its like they're saying "lol what a tard! you should have waited a month more and gotten the US version. haha!! Now you're stuck with a gimped version for 2 more weeks while we grab some cash"

I've said some of this before, but I'm happy to repeat it:

1. If you buy the game, you have the right to play the game. Not the right to demand patches or anything else.

2. BIS had to meet a deadline for releasing the game, because the discs needed to be pressed and shipped to stores. Any changes made between that point and now could not have been magically transported to the already pressed discs, hence they must release a patch.

3. Many games nowadays are patched within the first few days of release, sometimes on the very first day. See Battlefield 2142 or Command & Conquer 3.

4. Coming to this forum and whining or demanding things will not get the patch done any faster. If you want to complain, send an eMail to BIS. Don't bother us with it.

I for one am willing to wait for the patch, because I know it's coming and I know they'll release it when it's ready. Just be patient.

When does the new increased view distance thing come into effect - with 1.06?

My god always the same story, why are people so damn impatinent here... reminds me when i was like 15-16 and counted the days till a game was released ( with a huge mark in my calendar tounge2.gif ).

Id think BIS is smart there, they grant ATARI a while to sell with the exclusive content bonus and see if the US version may show up more bugs, if the version seems rather bugfree they will throw out the next patch that will unite our versions...

My thanks go to to everyone in here that at least tries to understand that a small developer not always has a easy time pleasing the community.

When does the new increased view distance thing come into effect - with 1.06?

i dont remember US version mention that at all..

so maybe next year? icon_rolleyes.gif

My god always the same story, why are people so damn impatinent  here... reminds me when i was like 15-16 and counted the days till a game was released ( with a huge mark in my calendar tounge2.gif ).

The less patient amongst us should read this:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....0;top

biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for the heads up! Well spotted wink_o.gif .

EDIT: THE 505 PEOPLE ALSO GOT 2 WEEKS SPECIAL CONTENT AND UPDATED VERSION. SO DO NOT COMPLAIN AND THE GERMAN AND CZECH PEOPLE GOT THE GAME EARLY FOR CHRISTMAS SO DONT COMPLAIN EITHER!!!

They still got Special Content in case you forget it:

0002305: Mission "Blood, Sweat And Tears" is missing in the non-505-version - Armed Assault Community Bugtracker

'nuff said

Boecko

EDIT: THE 505 PEOPLE ALSO GOT 2 WEEKS SPECIAL CONTENT AND UPDATED VERSION. SO DO NOT COMPLAIN AND THE GERMAN AND CZECH PEOPLE GOT THE GAME EARLY FOR CHRISTMAS SO DONT COMPLAIN EITHER!!!

0002305: Mission "Blood, Sweat And Tears" is missing in the non-505-version - Armed Assault Community Bugtracker

'nuff said

Boecko

fortunately, we can work around that, can't we? biggrin_o.gif

it's still a shame, though. "Blood, Sweat and Tears" is by far the best official mission. yet those of us who bought the first releases never got it (officially).

'nuff said

Boecko

fortunately, we can work around that, can't we?  biggrin_o.gif

it's still a shame, though. "Blood, Sweat and Tears" is by far the best official mission. yet those of us who bought the first releases never got it (officially).

Read the update status notes smile_o.gif

not sure i fully understand Maruk's post on the 1.07 patch. as far as i can gather, ComOps was 1.06 and its going to get patched to 1.07 along with the rest of us in a few weeks, which is exactly what happened to the UK release and is 100% fine by me. but is the A10 going to remain exclusive to the comops? that would be very difficult for mission makers from the us to get their missions used if so? a little confused.

Only an official mission for the A10 is not going to be available for all other releases for now