Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact releases: AH-64A and CH-47D v1.08

i love your apache's but i have a few select problems which may be of my own fault

1. Flir is a very bright image at night instead of the ground being a dark gray it is a very bright white most of the time especially on air field strips

2.tow missiles seem to do end over end spins and seem to commonly miss the target

3.to lock on using hellfire or tow i must switch to cannon lock then switch to missile to keep lock then fire

4.people talk of 2.5km kills but how is this done at such ranges no targets appear on radar and with view distance at 30k i still am unable to get a manual lock (ok not really a problem but either way)

5. not sure if this is a prob or not but my gunner screen shows just a static and basic template over it with a few words like flir and such but no range finders or anything that moves or responds. are they supposed to?

i have the 1.05 map misc the 1.08 map air all 3 pbos they are simply dropped within my addons folder and all proper vehicles show up in editor i have tried on both islands when i start the editor mission i have both map misc and map air weapons game logic set and the misc is named Server i have seen a post that to me sounded like your supposed to call both of them server but of course that is not possible for obvious reasons

PS; im not sure if this is relevant but my settings are generally low ive got the ram and the video card just need better cpu sad_o.gif

terrain low; object detail medium; textures low; post possessing effects low; ect.. only thing i have on high is blood *sigh*1024 x 800 res quad core processor coming soon lol hopefully get some better graphics going :P thx for any help u can give me

Great work! I do have one question what is the status of the Bunker addon pack or MAP_Military addon?

Great work! I do have one question what is the status of the Bunker addon pack or MAP_Military addon?

Good Question !

Thats what i wount to now too !

Our team didn't use apache so far because we don't know what comes packed with MAP_Misc? Does it alter anything else than their two choppers?

Nice update, how ever you have left out 1 small line of code in the config that is fustrating everyone trying to use the laser, Laserscanner = 1; and bobs ya uncle, all aircraft will track the LD. However there seems to be somewhat of an ArmA limitation in the fact that tracking/spotting a LD from more than 1Km becomes a real chance game. More often than not you will need to bring the LD around 500-800m from you, switch to Hellfires, shoot, switch to LD and then aim LD at your target. But not your fault smile_o.gif Looking forward to seeing what the AGM-84 and AGM-119B will be going on! And thanks for the AGM-122 but what was the point? Radar is not properly modelled and there for the sidearm become nothing more than a sidewinder capable of attacking ground targets and a AGM-114 or 65 is much more capable of doing that. Unless you plan to add some scripts to it and make it compatible with RKSL's AAA/SAM mod?

@Icebreakr MAP_Misc comes with a whole lot of scripts and various other things that can improve ArmA but its only if you script it into a mission, it changes nothing on the stock standard ArmA, but all MAPFACT addons will require it.

rescue feature still doesn't work? or is it? since patch 1.08.

@Varry,

you need a human Pilot, the actived the rescueflight option at actionmenu, or for AI copper you write this in the initline from the chopper.

MAP_air_ah64_rescue = true;

regreetz

Marco

we have been using attack choppers to rescue people since nam long before the brits plus hey its our chopper anyway :P go buy the tiger hap then you can call us copiers lol

same here ^  the FLIR is waaaaaay to bright for some reason

My flir is a tiny little box in the middle with a zoomed out fov. Also there are no ffar's in the loadout of the gunship.

My flir is a tiny little box in the middle with a zoomed out fov. Also there are no ffar's in the loadout of the gunship.

Same here.

Marco-Polo-IV @ Oct. 29 2007,19:40)]make sure, you have DL the newest version MAP_AIR 1.08 and you have DL the newest Map Misc. View first Post

Marco

Map misc fixed the ffars but the flir box is still small.

Hi !

Thank u for this Air Pack it is nice

I ask u if is in program to fix the CH47 flight model

and if is Cargo Bay back door is usable in the future...

I also really like some new skin for Ch47 just little darker and Camo

thank u again for the pack

Rubber

P.s. I'm modding Evolution for now Apache Works, I added game logic and weapon logic, should I do other thing ?

can u give me a trick to optimize and use with mission like evolution.. or other, or is enought add game logic and weapon to allow all works

i just downloaded this add on and when i start my Arma i get the error "add on MAP_air requires MAP_misc"

Anybody else get this or know what i need to correct it

i just downloaded this add on and when i start my Arma i get the error "add on MAP_air requires MAP_misc"

Anybody else get this or know what i need to correct it

The error say also how to fix it.

Download MAP_misc, it is needed by MAP_air. wink_o.gif

well that is spectacular......... i really didnt see that..... banghead.gif

so i have tried in every download link on the first page........and noe of them contain that file.

well that is spectacular......... i really didnt see that..... banghead.gif

so i have tried in every download link on the first page........and noe of them contain that file.

Then I would strongly advise against a career as a detective, PI, and the like. tounge2.gif

Check the last thing listed on this page.(4th one is MAP_MISC, I believe). Then click on the German or Union Jack, which ever language you please.

That should take you to the MAP_MISC dl page. Lastly, scroll all the way to the bottom and viola! The link to dl that sneaky S.O.B. biggrin_o.gif

http://www.mapfact.net/include....529d2c0