Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact releases: AH-64A and CH-47D v1.08

Mmm thats not quite white hot to black hot, this is how it looks.

White hot http://www.fas.org/irp....lir.jpg

and black hot http://www.fas.org/irp....58d.jpg

If you could somehow make the ground color more grey and the people more black then it would be very accurate.

And no worries Mike, I trust you'll remove it smile_o.gif, you're optic pieces need to be a bit smaller,thinner and more simplistic as well, but don't mind me if I get too picky, being an AH-64 Enthusiast I tend to do that whistle.gif

If you would like my help for anything just let me know, I'll be glad to assist anyone with AH-64 related stuff.

Quote[/b] ]Mmm thats not quite white hot to black hot, this is how it looks.

White hot

and black hot

can you define the difference ? i can only say there're more noise in the picture

white objects would appear as pitch black if they are a source of heat.

A thing to note is that the first picture is AH-64A optics, the secon d is the OH-58D's TIS but the general appearence of Whot and Bhot is the same.

Wow see that there is a lot of work going in to this AH-64 but the thing that is left out all the time is the paint schemes for the choppers this AH-64 pack is out of date with its paint job and needs it badly. If some one could take this in to there hands and paint it up with an new skin would be vary nice wink_o.gif Just an quick paint job and an release would be lovely biggrin_o.gif

Could you release that?

Heh, not yet. I might post two or three sample, FLIR-enabled models with a version of Mapfact's FLIR script that has WHOT/BHOT modes in a week or so. Depends on how long it takes me to clean up some of the problems it has. It'll probably still have problems when I post it, but eh...

There's some interesting possibilities as well -- it's possible to edit and script a vehicle so the engine area turns slightly white when the engine is turned on. You could script it so that it uses higher gradient white textures over time, thus simulating a build up of heat.

Ed : On a side note, does anyone know of a way to apply one model to every unit in the game (and have them animate in synch) without editing their individual models?

Is it any close to release already?

That was only about a month a go. I'm sure he will say something once it gets released or ready. Unless of course he has completed it and just forgot he was supposed to release it. whistle.gif

I'm only screwing around. Just send him a PM instead of spamming just for news. I'm not sure how happy it makes these guys when their thread is used for something other than their AirPack.

I also wanted to point out that v1.08 has been updated a while back to v1.10. I'm not sure if a new thread was opened, I couldn't find any v1.10 info. If there isn't a link around here, just head over to mapfact.com and get it there while you DL the wicked 3DE. whistle.gifwink_o.gif