Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact releases: AH-64A and CH-47D v1.08

well guess what manzilla.......keep your opinions to yourself.

Thank you ArmaVidz for the response.

All i asked was a question, but everybody needs to be so uptight here that they feel the need to insult every person who asks a question. Sorry if the search engine is rather lousey here and does not come up with the answer. All i asked was a question. Please refrain from saying something negative.

well guess what manzilla.......keep your opinions to yourself.

All i asked was a question, but everybody needs to be so uptight here that they feel the need to insult every person who asks a question. Sorry if the search engine is rather lousey here and does not come up with the answer. All i asked was a question. Please refrain from saying something negative.

First, I'll tell what ever opinion I feel. It's a forum, that's what people ask for. Respectful opinions, that is.

Second, if you are directing that to me, I would suggest you back off from flame-baiting me. If you could not tell that my first comment in my reply was completely in jest, hence the smiley face, you need to read it over carefully until you realize that.

Lastly, if I was uptight in any fashion why the hell would I waste my time providing you with a walk through of where to find the download.

So mind you... Could you please clarify exactly why I wasn't doing what ever I could to help you out? That's a pretty thoughtful way to show appreciation to a complete stranger. Christ, I sure am happy I took my time to help. My apologies

Marco no news about this addon ??

just a fix to flyght model

CH47 less manovrable Apache little more....

is not a very big work pls fix, a lot of people like this addon and hope in some news about it...

thank u

smile_o.gif

OK this air pack needs some good textureing done on it its an vary old version of the OFP one the blades are also in need of redoing plz is there any body that can make this Air pack up to date just need some textureing and blades on the choppers need to be redone Plz this would be vary lovely smile_o.gif

If you send Marco-Polo-IV better Textures, im sure he will insert them.  nener.gifwhistle.gif

If you send Marco-Polo-IV better Textures, im sure he will insert them.  nener.gifwhistle.gif

Maybe but i think he would of done that see i dont know textureing thats why im asking if some one can just redo the retextureing and fix the blades on this pack wink_o.gif

ive spent several hrs playing with the apaches and i can figure out how to use the laser desig in this addon.

what does it do, and how do i use it? it mentions nothing in the readme.

please provide step by step on how to use the laser in these helos

Its actually really simple.    I'm not sure if it works with missiles, but if you got aircraft loaded with LGB's either flying around on several "search and destroy" waypoints or if you ahve them triggered to take off and fly to your area, then they will attack whatever you shoot the laser at.  The bombs will fall right on that laser.  However its not always super precise.  The farther the target, the less precise.  But usually it hits the building or car you lase.  Even with moving cars, the bombs will still hit if they are falling as the target car goes by.  Otherwise you just engage the car with hellfires.

What I REALLY would like to see is a AH-64D Longbow Apache. The body on it is different (more armor) and it has the large radar on top of the mast. This is the current version used by the US, Israel, Japan and the UK.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

AH! many thanks. so the laser on the apache is really for LGB's delivered by another aircraft.

for some reason, i thought it was for use of the apaches weapons/missles.

thank you for clearing this up for me.

Yup exactly.    The onboard weapons you can use without any laser designator.    What is cool is that in MP games, if other players are flying aircraft equipped with LGB's, you can spot targets for them that your hellfires may not be able to obliterate such as large buildings.   So you can use some pretty good team work while your fellow team mates won't have to fly too low and thus can avoid alot of groundfire. The advantage that you have over them is that you can spot infantry at night with your superior FLIR optics while their aircraft can not lock onto buildings or infantry.

In single player games its pretty cool working with harrier jets with LGB's flow by AI.  They do a good job helping you wipe out entire city blocks full of enemy while you stay back at a safe distance.  

Just as in real life, the Apache is not the best armored helicopter in the world and can really get messed up from heavy small arms fire.

During the invasion of Iraq, one massive Apache assault was actually repulsed due to the shere volume of small arms fire and heavy MG and light cannon fire (ZSU-23-2).   This led Apache (and USMC Super Cobra pilots) to adapt Russian style high speed strafing tactics more typical of Mi-24 Hind crews.

In a environment with heavy enemy troop levels, to hover is to die.  Speed is survival.  As you probably noticed, the same holds true with helicopters in ArmA.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Quote[/b] ]What I REALLY would like to see is a AH-64D Longbow Apache. The body on it is different (more armor) and it has the large radar on top of the mast. This is the current version used by the US, Israel, Japan and the UK.

I saw ofp addon of this. maybe try to contact the author ?

Quote[/b] ]What I REALLY would like to see is a AH-64D Longbow Apache.  The body on it is different (more armor) and it has the large radar on top of the mast.   This is the current version used by the US, Israel, Japan and the UK.

I saw ofp addon of this. maybe try to contact the author ?

Which one? Do you have a picture of it?

why wonder ? - there's readme biggrin_o.gif

"AH-64D Apache Longbow PUBLIC RELEASE 1.3 by Franze and xNodunitx"

I would like to see an redone work of the AH-64 CH-47 pack they need it. They are vary out of date and need paint schems to them.

Tried it and removed. Sounds sucked, and effects look nothing like IRL videos.

Even the cannon is 100% accurate, when IRL it has a huge spread.

Just this thing an face lift that all it be needing all this AH-64 pack is, is an OFP converted to ArmA with all things paint gun fire all of it. It needs an big update that be it cant some one take this in there hands?

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/fzah64d_pr13.rar

quite crappy textures, no lods, no good cockpit , but with some efforts i guess it can become a good addon smile_o.gif

Neither of us want it moved over to Arma so I request that nobody even waste your time in attempting it.  

I am however working on a new AH-64, it was originally just to help Serceles out with his model, PM me if you are interested in seeing its progress but do keep in mind that she's still in the early stages so theres not much to see.

If Franze see's a demand for it then he might want to impliment it, i can't say right now as he feels that mapfacts filled the spot for AH-64's and thus there is no use in releasing another.

Excellent addon, my only beefs being with the HUD on the TADS MFD and the M230 Chaingun, which uses the underpowered default 30mm HE ammo. Dispersion wasn't high enough as well. Anyway, I've been messing around with it, trying to fix those issues.

Here's a video of how it looks at the moment. I changed the 30mm explosion effects as well, they look quite realistic now. If you guys want to use the HUD for the next version of this addon, let me know and it's yours. I just need to fix it up a little.

What I'd like to know though is how to a) move and enlarge the text for the currently used weapon and ammo count to the right of the radar and b) how to add, to the left of the radar, a variable that tells you the current distance from the location where your crosshairs are pointing.

Very nice! Almost as cool as your AC-130 simulation, but i cant wait to try the tuned apache either biggrin_o.gif

I like how those changes look and sound. However I don't think they view through the MFD to see what they're aiming at. In the gunner's seat, theres an optic of some sort that I would think they use.

AH-64A

http://uscockpits.com/Helicopters/AH-64A%20Apache%20front.JPG

AH-64D (although it isn't the one modeled in mapfacts i believe)

http://uscockpits.com/Helicopters/AH-64D%20Long%20Bow%20front.JPG

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/fzah64d_pr13.rar

quite crappy textures, no lods, no good cockpit , but with some efforts i guess it can become a good addon smile_o.gif

Neither of us want it moved over to Arma so I request that nobody even waste your time in attempting it.  

I am however working on a new AH-64, it was originally just to help Serceles out with his model, PM me if you are interested in seeing its progress but do keep in mind that she's still in the early stages so theres not much to see.

If Franze see's a demand for it then he might want to impliment it, i can't say right now as he feels that mapfacts filled the spot for AH-64's and thus there is no use in releasing another.

How wierd...    the mapfacts AH-64 is great, but it diefintely doesn't fill the spot for Ah-64's as the AH-64D Longbow Apache is quite a bit different in looks, armor, and capability.

To Lepardi:  

Quote[/b] ] Lepardi typed:  

Tried it and removed. Sounds sucked, and effects look nothing like IRL videos.

Even the cannon is 100% accurate, when IRL it has a huge spread.

Are you a freak'n Apache pilot?   Can you do better?  The sounds and graphics on the Mapfacts AH-64 IMHO are superb and I have yet to see ANYONE do a better FLIR system then Mapfacts has achieved.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Quote[/b] ]The sounds and graphics on the Mapfacts AH-64 IMHO are superb

man, it's ofp port wink_o.gif textures are crap for arma, cockpit is far from perfection too. they did a great job anyway, but 'superb' is not a correct definition. Lepardi is fair at least.

Quote[/b] ]and I have yet to see ANYONE do a better FLIR system then Mapfacts has achieved.

visit youtube biggrin_o.gif though it's not released anyway.

_http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=rc7XXGFWh_M

Quote[/b] ]AH-64D Longbow Apache is quite a bit different in looks, armor, and capability.

not that much for average player. can you point out what gameplay diffrences we can get with AH64D instead of AH64A ?