Sign in to follow this  
Kirby

Average age of the Armed Assault player

I'm 19 now and started playing OFP in the virile age of 13. Only my voice got a bit lower. wink_o.gif

"Armed Assault saperates the men from the boys"

biggrin_o.gif

But it really separates the experienced from the ordinary...

Im only 18 yo but I bought OFP when I was 16 (?) and I was impressed by the I'm-a-soldier-of-a-squad-feeling wink_o.gif

One year ago i started my career as an admin.

Let there be another tons of years with this community playing ArmA, Game 2 and what there will be :P

regards telejunky

I think ArmA/OFP does seperate those who have actualy stopped squeeking about "1337 h4x0rz" and want to get serious!

Note how theres no one 13 or below, but at few 14/15 ect.

Celery: I also start playing OFP at 13 (I was a late comer to this amazing series, due to only being able to apriciate it AFTER the age of 13...) and have noticed a change in myself in terms of mentality towards serious gaming... basicly i relise how mutch of a twat I was when I was 13 (Only about a year and (quite) a bit ago)

22 myself, roughly half way to being an old git already sad_o.gif

We have a bloke in our clan that is 47-ish?

And i think it's great!!-Hope im still part of this community at that age! nener.gif

Edit:- you only have to look at the 'members celebrating their birthday today' at the bottom of the forums and the main age seems to be at the least older than the teens! wink_o.gif

I'm 18 (well 19 in 8 days) and I've been playing OFP since 2001, so it's taken away rather a large chunk of my life. tounge2.gif

Yep, But i never heard of OFP when I was 16....Maybe it was another 2 years before...but there was a long time where our family-pc hadn't the power to handle ofp majestics graphics huh.gif

With my new pc there were driver probs and no-one could help me...last year i updated those shitty OEM drivers and "wow...ofp isnt crashing itself anymore!!!11!". This was one of the best time of my life biggrin_o.gif

But there shouldn't be someone who complains about age, because we were at the same years ago...

Regarding the ages, most of the player (>95%) aren't freaking about the gfx compared to other 200m vd games...

There are other people out there which are mentally the same but they never heard of our great game.

36 (for another 2,5 months at least) and wearing my bald head like a badge of honor, he!

Oh, and I'm also playing BF2, kicking young'uns asses. So there...

I think we had in americas army, player thats close to his 80's

17 going 18 in a couple months inlove.gif

Playing OFP on and off since I was 13 and stuck with it when I discovered the mods/addons in mid 2005 and now playing ArmA as well.

Hmmm... surely there are more of these old people who are over 50, who are OFP/ArmA fans... it is quite fascinating that OFP/ArmA has fans of so varying ages, think about a multiplayer deathmatch: a 53-year-old, probably a senior manager at some company: "KICK THIS XXXXXX HE STOLE MY JEEP!!!", a 10-year-old replies "you n00b! your mother is a xx!!11"

...I am 28. Started playing computer games first with my friend's Amiga 500 (Populous, Test Drive etc... friend fell asleep many times when sitting next to his computer, me playing there... if you think you are this friend then drop a message!), then got my own Commodore 64 and later, after getting a 386 DX 40 MHz PC it was so exciting, 120 MB hard disk drive etc. luxuries! Even a math co-processor!

Thinking of the best games I've experienced during the years (that I would still enjoy playing), maybe F1GP (the first version) by Microprose, Monkey Island I, OFP. ArmA maybe but we will see after some time if I still play games and if I bought a computer that can play ArmA like it is meant to be played. Currently ArmA is a promising title to belong to the all-time-favourites list but it is too early to say.

Best Wishes,

Baddo.

then got my own Commodore 64

Gez, i remember the Vic 20 confused_o.gif

Yep, But i never heard of OFP when I was 16....Maybe it was another 2 years before...but there was a long time where our family-pc hadn't the power to handle ofp majestics graphics huh.gif

With my new pc there were driver probs and no-one could help me...last year i updated those shitty OEM drivers and "wow...ofp isnt crashing itself anymore!!!11!". This was one of the best time of my life biggrin_o.gif

But there shouldn't be someone who complains about age, because we were at the same years ago...

Regarding the ages, most of the player (>95%) aren't freaking about the gfx compared to other 200m vd games...

There are other people out there which are mentally the same but they never heard of our great game.

if i turn eye candy up I get about the same FPS as my age.

Hmmm... surely there are more of these old people who are over 50, who are OFP/ArmA fans... it is quite fascinating that OFP/ArmA has fans of so varying ages, think about a multiplayer deathmatch: a 53-year-old, probably a senior manager at some company: "KICK THIS XXXXXX HE STOLE MY JEEP!!!", a 10-year-old replies "you n00b! your mother is a xx!!11"

...I am 28. Started playing computer games first with my friend's Amiga 500 (Populous, Test Drive etc... friend fell asleep many times when sitting next to his computer, me playing there... if you think you are this friend then drop a message!wink_o.gif, then got my own Commodore 64 and later, after getting a 386 DX 40 MHz PC it was so exciting, 120 MB hard disk drive etc. luxuries! Even a math co-processor!

Thinking of the best games I've experienced during the years (that I would still enjoy playing), maybe F1GP (the first version) by Microprose, Monkey Island I, OFP. ArmA maybe but we will see after some time if I still play games and if I bought a computer that can play ArmA like it is meant to be played. Currently ArmA is a promising title to belong to the all-time-favourites list but it is too early to say.

Best Wishes,

Baddo.

Started with a VIC 20 (unlike most I look back at the 8 bit days as everything barring elite was shite!wink_o.gif

16 bit Oids, Dungeon master, Gauntlet and Defender of the crown were cool but the fun really started with my 486 and DOOM and Xwing.

Since then mainly PC although i did buy a PS2 for GTA3, now also love my Xbox 360. But still love my PC more (My PS3 is a great Blueray player yet to see a decent fookin game on it).

...I am 28. Started playing computer games first with my friend's Amiga 500 (Populous, Test Drive etc... friend fell asleep many times when sitting next to his computer, me playing there... if you think you are this friend then drop a message!wink_o.gif, then got my own Commodore 64 and later, after getting a 386 DX 40 MHz PC it was so exciting, 120 MB hard disk drive etc. luxuries! Even a math co-processor!

Best Wishes,

Baddo.

that's like i started,

played some amiga crap, with my no- good friend(he preferred to shoot crows with my airgun) after that some commadore shite (took like 30 minutes to load up the soccer game). Then I moved to the modern era: 486 33mhz, with turbo button----wow

37 in May!

Always been a Sega fan and owning Megadrive, Saturn and Dreamcast.

allways look down to that sega shite, nintendo 8mb was my thing inlove.gifinlove.gif

33 here. still surf, skate, fish, sail. love my new daughter and love my shooters. livin large!

good vibes to all.

30, and slowly gaining weight and loosing hair!  tounge2.gif

21, and I'm gaining hair and losing weight! biggrin_o.gif

34..and gaining hair in my ears  crazy_o.gif

p.s. and im still the proud owner of a ZX Spectrum 48Kb yay.gif

I'm 22 and I think it's great that people twice my age play this game, makes me feel less weird...

Anyway, age has nothing to do with the way people play.

I was playing on a server a couple of weeks ago and there was this guy running around teamkilling people, I though to myself why the f*ck can't you damn thirteen year olds leave ArmA alone and go play CS or something, well I got a bit in touch with the guy later in the game, he didn't speak English and my German is crap but I got to know that he was actually 35 years old.

Kind of sad seeing people at that age acting like they're 13 confused_o.gif

Oh well, at least he apologized for TKing later on.

I'm a very young and vibrant 41 tounge2.gif