Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

RHS Hind v1.0 for ArmA

Shadow, would be great to use this texture sets in a future version. Btw is one already planned?

That DDR Version also sounds great.

This one?

img]http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/2571/3312vo6.jpg[/img]

Vilas, sounds great about the polish versions. Are these the Mi-24D and Mi-24W (V)

Was'n schöner Vogel!

What a great looking bird you have there!

It would perfectly suit those waiting for the BW mod releasing it's german stuff - a little "what if Germany had keept it's Hinds after 1990".....  notworthy.gif     inlove.gif

BTW.

I'm a texture artist myself  (done lot of stuff in flight simming for IL-2 and Lomac) and could help wherever you'd like assistance in terms of textures.

The paintscheme above won't be hard to to; all I need is someone explaining me the basics of how textures work in OFP.

Dont quote images please. -Shadow

SLA camo - good idea, in colours like in Mi17 from game

on the top of tail there can be black/yello triangle like on my SLA Ka50

Quote[/b] ]I'm a texture artist myself (done lot of stuff in flight simming for IL-2 and Lomac) and could help wherever you'd like assistance in terms of textures.

The paintscheme above won't be hard to to; all I need is someone explaining me the basics of how textures work in OFP.

maybe shadow has still the .psd, if he allows you to modify one of the camo, it will be very easy to add a new version.

That would be even more perfect.

Layered templates are my day to day hobby ( wink_o.gif ) but if theres one allready there it would save a lot of hours...

Hello

First off the pictures look stunning - congratulations and great job.

However I can't get it to work! I've followed the instructions that came with the readme.

I am using Predators sound/weapon mod. I placed the RHS pbo in the add ons folder of my mod folder. When I tried to start rats nest co-op it said something along the lines of:

config/bin/missingMI24 (or something of that nature! crazy_o.gif )

Can you tell me what I need to do to get this puppy in the air?

Thanks in advance.

Skimbo

I think Shadow told about the .psd file in the other mi-24 thread in Mods & Discussion so the chances are high wink_o.gif

Cool.

So if he would offer me the PSD I could lift a lot of workload of his shoulders with the paintschemes the community would like to have.

Quote[/b] ]I'm a texture artist myself (done lot of stuff in flight simming for IL-2 and Lomac) and could help wherever you'd like assistance in terms of textures.

maybe shadow has still the .psd, if he allows you to modify one of the camo, it will be very easy to add a new version.

Hey guys, Shadow has been asking for help all over the thread, maybe you guys should contact him directly since you both seem to have interest and talent.

The only version i would like is a plain green one, like the SLA hip.

Have you noticed that none of the SLA vehicles have roundels, stars or anything on them, this makes them usable for diferent settings and lessens the need for countless reskins smile_o.gif .

Yes, I know what you mean - but a Hind (plain green or whatever) would look so tough with the North Sahrani roundel (star, cog and wheat) on it...

But I'm not sure what a South roundel would look like - unfortunately graphic art isn't my strong point wink_o.gif

Just my 2c wink_o.gif

Probably just blue-white-blue from inside to outside (or vise versa biggrin_o.gif).

I agree that the SLA equipment is great multifunctional due to the way there are no insignias of any kind.

My personal favorit for an SLA hind would probably be

a paintsheme that the UHTs and Bo-105s of the german army wear- because it would fit the north-saharanian landscape perfectly.

Kind of like the Argentina roundel?

150px-Argentina-roundel.svg.png

That would look cool I reckon - It'd be great to be US or South Sahrani troops and infil by Hind for a commando mission! pistols.gif That would be so cool!

I already had the SLA sheme made but as Kenji was unsure if he could add it without problems we dropped the idea for now ( that was one day before release so i was thinking better not risk it ).

Actually it was a edited version of the Ds pattern only difference was that the pattern base was dark green instead yellow and the pattern was kind of a bright sandy yellow.

Havent tested it ingame but i would assume it looks good as the D in its current camo also looks top notch i think.

If people like the roundel idea i may try make a simple one myself or use vilas version.

Maybe a simple roundel outside orange and in the middle a red star with black outlines.

@Hunin, i send you a PM

Sounds cool NX - unfortunately I don't have ArmA running yet - otherwise would have loved to have helped  notworthy.gif

Just curious - in the pack, are there WEST Hinds as well - the idea of a South Sahrani Hind, to go up against the North Hinds, is growing on me by the minute!  pistols.gif

PL is grey/green camo with bright blue bottom (before NATO)

49pe4.th.jpg 49arf6.th.jpg 49ctv9.th.jpg

That how it looks like Shadow wink_o.gif (well, only an approximation)

Sorry for messing with your textures without prior permission..  whistle.gif It was not intented for a covert release or incorporation to a seperate mod, you can be well assured. As the pack was out the first I wanted to do was just to imitate the look of the choppers that are stationed in my town (49th Wing of Attack Helicopters in Pruszcz Gdanski, Poland).. Just out of sentiment...

the grey should be few tones ligter, as well as blue.. think the saturation went to high here...

You can edit the textures as much as you want for private use mate wink_o.gif

Can you maybe send me your Polish Hind?

Probably we can really add it in a newer version.

About a South Hind... hmm dont think so, all their equipment is western made so what would they do with a Hind... not to mention the problems to maintain a few russian made birds if you only use western stuff in your army.

I sure would have sent you it, if only it was not a slappy retex  icon_rolleyes.gif all i did was to play with hue and saturation of the camo + adding polish emblems and numbers (2nd pic in my previuos post shows how inacurate my job was)  As you can easily see I have used the iraqi mi-24d for it - the original numbers are still displayed on its tail  tounge2.gif

If you'd like you could visit the site from which the photos below are and use them as reference - you'll see not only the colors, but the camo scheme is slightly different

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150....MG] http://img406.imageshack.us/img406....MG]

Fabulous job!

Spent ages playing with the range of Helo's! Simply wonderful.

Only query is the 23mm cannonpods being too devastating (acting like FFARS). Anyway to overcome this?

*points to the readme*

But we try to find a solution atm.

*points to the readme*

But we try to find a solution atm.

Sorry I am one of those people who seldom RTFM's whistle.gif

Great job! Very impressed and adds a much more effective playable helo for the reds than the Ka50

Big thanks to the creators of this mod.

Had some friends over last night.

pilot + plus gunner + infantry squad.

Most fun I've had with Armed Assault to date. Lots of verbal communication between pilot and gunner and ground units. Very rewarding.

What's next from RHS - T80? - GAZ66 pack? *hint - hint* tounge2.gif

T-55 someone ?

What's next from RHS - T80? - GAZ66 pack? *hint - hint* tounge2.gif

Only thing where i would say making it ArmA ready is rather easy is the Gaz-66 pack.

There at least the textures are already uv mapped in a more ArmA performance friendly way.

But dont take my word for it, probably Hind even was the last ArmA addon, who knows.