Sign in to follow this  
chammy

Yet another ArmA sound modification

He told me it's an ambience sound, this can't be ArmA, no muffled sounds = no ArmA.

Would've been great if this was ArmA's sound engine, but it is just not state of the art...

Quote[/b] ]Yupp, he triggered the radio chatter and the distant battle sounds (not in the mod, combat footage sound, IIRC).

oh i thought this was a feature of the ARMA sound engine. ok i think there is now an even greater need for this feature to be implemented as im sure so many thought this was a new feature of this sound mod

Quote[/b] ]Yupp, he triggered the radio chatter and the distant battle sounds (not in the mod, combat footage sound, IIRC).

oh i thought this was a feature of the ARMA sound engine. ok i think there is now an even greater need for this feature to be implemented as im sure so many thought this was a new feature of this sound mod

what the hell is IIRC?huh.gif

what the hell is IIRC?huh.gif

If I remember correctly ...

ahh ok, always wondered what the hell it ment...

Its dead simple to add radio chatter into missions anyways so with this mod and a simple mission with radio chatter that gets added will be xactly like the video. i could make a simple mission like it, once its released i will make a mission. biggrin_o.gif

My brothers given up ArmA said it was a pile of crap in it's current state, showed him the battle vid for this mod, that got him going, he keeps pestering to tell him when it's released now (he's not on internet), have to say i am just as eager for it's release too, it's gonna add so much immersion. Kudos for trying to make a final release first up notworthy.gifyay.gif

Quote[/b] ]Actully the firing sounds for a distance is true sounds, not triggerd from what ive talked to chammy about,

Good to hear! I just realized I'm awaiting this soundpack more than the 1.08 patch!?!? crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Actully the firing sounds for a distance is true sounds, not triggerd from what ive talked to chammy about,

Good to hear! I just realized I'm awaiting this soundpack more than the 1.08 patch!?!? crazy_o.gif

Lol me too wink_o.gif

Awesome sounds, like someone earlier said sounds like I'm watching CNN. Best sound mod ever heard for any game, period.

now what? are those distant sounds ambience or are they a result of the sound mod. since those sounds impressed me the most of all .Nevertheless great work. can't wait for it to be released

Have you guys thought about adding some of the atmospheric soldier sounds that can be found in Grouplink II? I'd love to hear that with the new gun sounds, those sounds add a lot.

well, what i hear from chammy...

Quote[/b] ]almost, almost, its coming along, seriously.

His kid is at day care today and he now has the focos he needs to work on completing the sound pack... i guess we will see!

Ahh Chammy's Soundmod and the 1.08 Patch released on the same day. *Dreaming biggrin_o.gif * That would have been great though. smile_o.gif

One of my concerns is with the echos. They seem perfectly fine, but within a city they are usually muffled. Does the echo sound exist to the same degree in a city as it does in the field with this mod?

Quote[/b] ]now what? are those distant sounds ambience or are they a result of the sound mod. since those sounds impressed me the most of all .Nevertheless great work. can't wait for it to be released

Ambience, that's what Chammy told me, Arma can not handle distant sounds like that.

So, were those distant sounds triggered or not? I'm still confused, because it kinda changes the whole experience to me...would be really, really cool, but im rather sceptical about it.

edit: thx pred

What a great sound mod. notworthy.gif

Hell, i've come out of posting retirement just to post this. rofl.gif

The sounds are.. perfect, can't wait for this.

If they are ambience, then can we hear a firefight with just the real gunshots. No background noise, no music, just something like a quick mission with two groups fighting eachother?

If they are ambience, then can we hear a firefight with just the real gunshots. No background noise, no music, just something like a quick mission with two groups fighting eachother?

IMO ambience sounds are those that u hear in the backround, and the "real" sounds come from actual enemys enganing 1 another

Like most of others I was blown away by the distant battle sounds.

However, when playing ArmA, you're usually in the middle of a firefight, so, even if that was just an ambience sound, the very rest of the mod content is most impressive. Great job!

Yeah, I'd say you can hear the sounds pretty well in that movie, even though we don't get to hear all of them.

And ambient weapon-sounds is a brilliant idea, I've always wanted a good combat-ambience sound, any reasonable mission-maker should be able to implement it quite efficient by using triggers that activates once the shooting starts etc.

This soundmod and the new patch will really get my interest in ArmA up again.

absolutely outstanding!!!!. I always wonder why BIS can't do it, why do they are completely off the mark when it comes to sound. They should be the pro's...