Sign in to follow this  
chammy

Yet another ArmA sound modification

Oh, undeniably, but for most artists out there, their work is never complete. A true artist will keep on adding and improving until, well, death do his and his masterpiece part. I'm pretty sure this soundmod will never truly be done, and Chammy will keep on working on it to improve it. All I'm saying is, don't fall into the same pitfall a lot of artists (be that painters, poets, writers or sound engineers) do by working on something and continually improving it without ever getting something out there for the people to enjoy.

If you release this in the very near future, I'm positive you will get a lot of great feedback and enthousiastic replies, spurring you on to create even better. You will also get invaluable 'critiques' from the public on what to improve, making your mod even better than it already is. Sure, you will receive negative feedback. There are always people around who can't see the positive and must always see the negatives, or those who are dead jealous and spout words of doom for lack of own skill. Don't let it phase you. Get something out there and reap the rewards is what I say. Improvement can also be done with the help of the public. In fact, in 99% of the cases, I'd recommend it.

^Well off course. tounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I just instantly fell in love with the M136 AT-4/RPG-7 sounds. Love the swooosh sound from the rocket and the explosion sound. Can't wait to mess up some BMP's with the AT-4. biggrin_o.gifpistols.gif

alrit alrit crm down carm down no need for talk like that

just as a pissed guy would say it! whistle.gif

no prob chammy, i cant describe it tho, all i kno is if ive got an x-fi extreme gamer so its capable of arma sound engine with ease, its very notisible cuz it as loud as a hand weapon an it duz not come from the direction of the shoot it in all speekers at once at the same volume at any distance very strange, oh well

lookin foward to your sound, cant wait

Aye Chammy... like Redstorm said. Don't delay the release (too much) even when you think you could do better. Better to catch the boat while putting your clothes on than coming in all prepped but missing your ride.

You could always call it Beta or v1.0 and the next one could be called Final or v2.0.

Just a thought.

And even if you call it final.. BIS will continue introducing new stuff in the game in future patch. So if you plan to continue, you're gonna work until BIS stop releasing patch/addon biggrin_o.giftounge2.gif

You guys are right, well, I'm going to I guess, release this in beta form as soon as I possibly can sit dwn and do it, I guess I can release the stand alone with the help of Evenlease and Predator, as the final product.

It is true that it may never be completed but , when the finalized part is out it will be complete for that time being until there are updates , new stuff, I know my sound mod wont be the only one in its style and sound to come as there are always better ways to accomplish this also , but until then.......for those checking in on the update and news, I will see about geting with someone in BIS or here to stick it in the NEWS section so yall dont have to keep coming here, u know, unless you want to that is.

Good to hear mate cant wait for the release, as with everyone here (even the impatient ones) were are gratefull and happy that your putting aside your free time to make a great sound mod.

You guys are right, well, I'm going to I guess, release this in beta form as soon as I possibly can sit dwn and do it, I guess I can release the stand alone with the help of Evenlease and Predator, as the final product.

It is true that it may never be completed but , when the finalized part is out it will be complete for that time being until there are updates , new stuff, I know my sound mod wont be the only one in its style and sound to come as there are always better ways to accomplish this also , but until then.......for those checking in on the update and news, I will see about geting with someone in BIS or here to stick it in the NEWS section so yall dont have to keep coming here, u know, unless you want to that is.

Just make a topic in the "ArmA - ADDONS & MODS: COMPLETED"-forum when you release the beta smile_o.gif I'd say alot of people checks that place out, and also, people who have ArmA-sites posts news about addons released there smile_o.gif

Great news Chammy about the Beta!

Like I said before I didn't realize how much sound effected the overall immersion until your soundpack came came out for OFP- along with Solus's sonic crack inlove.gif

With sounds as good as you've teased us with I'd have no problem with a big download beta AND a big download finish.

good work Bro biggrin_o.gif

Like I said before I didn't realize how much sound effected the overall immersion until your soundpack came came out for OFP- along with Solus's sonic crack ...

Oh thats new to me.

Good to know that chammy isnt a nameless modder but someone with former experience.

great news chammy!

Cant wait (as always), and a beta release would be another way to get your hugely successful mod (hasnt even been released yet wow_o.gif ) into the arma community.

I finish my exams tomorrow and my oh my, this will be a treat to play after 1.5 hours of phsyics biggrin_o.gif

Ahhh excellent news, and probably the right decision, if you need to release new versions just post it in the new thread in the completed section so people can check back and update when necessary!

Cant wait biggrin_o.gifyay.gif

So any ETA on the Beta? smile_o.gif Release it this weekend maybe? biggrin_o.gif

By the way someone has an idea how many soundfiles need to be updated for this mod here?

That sounds very good. I'm looking forward to it. Although I'm happy with the FDF soundpack I think that some "competition" is always welcome smile_o.gif

Well, from my fellow beta testers heres some interveiws*.

Quote[/b] ]EvenLease says: So, how would you compare this sound mod to fdfs or preditors?

USM-75R Stock says: The only reason i was using fdf is cause the original sounds suck d**k, Chammys sound mod is way better, a lot more into the combat... the sonic cracks are so realistic, sounds like you're in a battle in Iraq. And the gun sounds, wow.. not even comparable to FDF.

EvenLease says: thank you for you're time stock, And rezzy what do you think?

[1bn7] Sgt. Rezzy says: 4,000,000,000x22 = how much better it is

EvenLease says: And why is that?

[1bn7] Sgt. Rezzy says: because fdf and preditors just don't sound like the real thing, chammys sound pack does.. it puts you in the battle.

EvenLease says: Alright thank you rezzy, how bout you rave?

[1bn7] Pvt. Rave says: Well, its a lot better then fdf or preditors sound mods, the reason being is, when i used there sound packs i didnt get scared when getting shot at, it just didnt put me in the battle, but now that I'm testing chammys, i get scared when being shot at.. it sounds so realistic, and this isn't even the final product.

EvenLease Says: Alright guys, thank you for you're time.

More updates on the sound mod including a video coming soon, stay tunned guys!

*No offence to FDF or ModWarsound, they also have good mods, not trying to affend any one.

How about no more videos/hype or release date updates until you are actually ready?

I say this because you have 24 pages here, multi "its almost ready" updates and everytime you post its another week.

I never bug for release dates myself but your killin me as i was looking forward to this. mad_o.gif

Alright, video trashed, i wont speak until we are ready... witch now thanks to that, This might be the last update for i dont know how long.

Quote[/b] ]witch now thanks to that, This might be the last update for i dont know how long.

There.

Now all you people who were going to ask if it was ready for this weekend...know it wont be.

Dont stop your hype on my account, thats just my opinion based on all the people waiting and watching this thread to the minute because you keep saying its "almost ready".

How about no more videos/hype or release date updates until you are actually ready?

I say this because you have 24 pages here, multi "its almost ready" updates and everytime you post its another week.

I never bug for release dates myself but your killin me as i was looking forward to this.  mad_o.gif

Even take into account that maybe they thought it was ready and ran into an unexpected bug or a conflict after the release of 1.08?

EvEnLeaSe:

please don't stop your updates or sharing your video because of person.  There are a lot of people who are interested, not only in the release, but in the latest developments.

I never bug for release dates myself but your killin me as i was looking forward to this. mad_o.gif

aww...poor thing...maybe you can run into the kitchen and Mommy can teach you a thing or two about what us adults call "patience"?

Even take into account that maybe they thought it was ready and ran into an unexpected bug or a conflict after the release of 1.08?

Guess what, Sparky...a lot of people are anxiously awaiting the release of this package and asking EvEnLeaSe to stop posting until it is ready isn't going to speed it up any...it'll simply cut off communication with those who are interested in the progress being made.

Son, show some respect, the man is 45 years old. wink_o.gif