Sign in to follow this  
chammy

Yet another ArmA sound modification

I think it is better to spend time making the sound mod. We don't really need new video.

Well that's what i think.

Here i realy dont want to see a release-torture in the fashion of the 6thSense-tracer-thingy so folks keep your feet stand still and wait.

Agreed.

Wow people, I haven't looked at this thread for a while. Many are forgetting themselves and getting negative again. This is a labor of love for these guys, they need your support, not your complaining. They are the ones that run into snags, and catch mistakes that bugger the release, imagine how just that feels, when you can't make your release window - much less when a gang starts comming down on you because you're doing quality work confused_o.gif

Keep going guys, just look at the complaining as over-the-top support. thumbs-up.gif

Interview with the Beta testers, found on page 23.

Quote[/b] ]EvenLease says: So, how would you compare this sound mod to fdfs or preditors?

USM-75R Stock says: The only reason i was using fdf is cause the original sounds suck d**k, Chammys sound mod is way better, a lot more into the combat... the sonic cracks are so realistic, sounds like you're in a battle in Iraq. And the gun sounds, wow.. not even comparable to FDF.

EvenLease says: thank you for you're time stock, And rezzy what do you think?

[1bn7] Sgt. Rezzy says: 4,000,000,000x22 = how much better it is

EvenLease says: And why is that?

[1bn7] Sgt. Rezzy says: because fdf and preditors just don't sound like the real thing, chammys sound pack does.. it puts you in the battle.

EvenLease says: Alright thank you rezzy, how bout you rave?

[1bn7] Pvt. Rave says: Well, its a lot better then fdf or preditors sound mods, the reason being is, when i used there sound packs i didnt get scared when getting shot at, it just didnt put me in the battle, but now that I'm testing chammys, i get scared when being shot at.. it sounds so realistic, and this isn't even the final product.

EvenLease Says: Alright guys, thank you for you're time.

Nice interview, Evenlease. smile_o.gif

So stop the complaining already, guys. Let Chammy & Evenlease work on the MOD until it's Finished/Done. You can see that this MOD is gonna kick a*s. smile_o.gif

So as long as I know this MOD is gonna be released some day, I'm pleased. smile_o.gif

Cheers.

Well, well, you could ask a zillion people about their taste, but that won't be objective in any way.

The whole enthusiasm about this mod is rather funny and amusing, Chammy is a good chap, not much free time to work on this, but you guys keep spamming, asking for release dates, pushing and pushing with no understanding for what he actually does.

I'm quite happy I don't have such "fans", because I'd stop working for the public or talk about the project until I think it is done.

You should be happy that he has more patience with such behaviour than I.

If you want to help Chammy, stop pushing him, wait until the mod is finished and write constructive criticism after the release.

well Predator, there is a lot of people telling him to take his time(me included). So I think he is being supported in what he is doing rather than being pushed. Seems like this 26 page thread would be motivation of the support and excitement the community has of this mod.

If I had skills like him and had this long of a thread I would be amused and flattered of a couple of people in this thread pushing for him to release it. That means you are making something that everybody wants and that would make me feel good smile_o.gif.

To stop working on this project due to some people being really excited and wanting him to release as soon as possible( human nature I might add) would be overreacting to the max.

I did not say stop working on it, but writing SitReps and such.

Maybe I'm not that enthusiastic about ArmA anymore, posting on awaited mod threads does not speed up the process, the expectations are charged and the result might dissapoint you.

Same for ArmA, was waiting for it some years, not the finished product is even worse.

Anyway, I made my sound/config mod thread after I released a beta, so there is only feedback I can work with. Since I am modding games for some years now, I know the communities.

It is always nice to hear supportive replies, the problems start with spamming folks without patience.

Don't get me wrong, Chammy did quite a job back in OFP, curious what he'll pull off in ArmA.

Well, well, you could ask a zillion people about their taste, but that won't be objective in any way.

The whole enthusiasm about this mod is rather funny and amusing, Chammy is a good chap, not much free time to work on this, but you guys keep spamming, asking for release dates, pushing and pushing with no understanding for what he actually does.

I'm quite happy I don't have such "fans", because I'd stop working for the public or talk about the project until I think it is done.

You do realise about 90% of the ArmA community is using your sound mod, right? smile_o.gif

Chammy Chammy Chammy.. tounge2.gif

"When the going gets tough... Keep Going" tounge2.gifsmile_o.gif

I actually don't understand this discussion here ... icon_rolleyes.gif

... i think Chammy will release it, as soon as it's finished.

Instead of bashing mod teams and complaining about release dates, can everyone please stick to the topic at hand.

Next spammy or flaming poster here can expect a week's PR.

Chammy, you're doing a great job. We at the 31st cannot wait to get our hands on your sounds (but we will, take your time smile_o.gif).

Keep up the good work notworthy.gif

I was just curious about the jet sounds, i noticed that they were different (and waaaay better), they sounded similar to that harrier sound addon released quite a few months ago, have u made it yourself or created it from scratch?

One question I have thought about for a bit. Are you gonna have that "Beep-Beep-Beep" sound on the Armoured Vechiles, when they are getting hit?

Sounds like a bus/truck backing up or something... So I'm hopeing that you will leave it out, because it sounds pretty weird/strange, IMO. biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

One question I have thought about for a bit. Are you gonna have that "Beep-Beep-Beep" sound on the Armoured Vechiles, when they are getting hit?

Sounds like a bus/truck backing up or something... So I'm hopeing that you will leave it out, because it sounds pretty weird/strange, IMO. biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

whats the alternative? the muffled screams of trapped crews.

o_0

but anyway. this sound mod looks awesome. cant wait. keep up the good work chammy and co.

whats the alternative? the muffled screams of trapped crews. o_0

Uhh WTF...? huh.gifrofl.gif

The FDF Soundmod has left out the "Beep Beep Beep" Sound when a vechile is hit. wink_o.gif And that is much better, imo.

So Chammy m8, please reply when you are here. wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

whats the alternative? ...

I prefer a realistic sound-setting.

Maybe some guys write about this situation who are familiar with these tank-things.

What about angry shouting commands to bail out?

Well gents,

I havent forgotten about yall, its summer break, meaning, that I wont just have my 2 year old with me, but my 7 year old as well, then my oldest every other week, ALLLLLL day long, everyday heh heh, but I am still getting it done, its just real difficult to find that out doorsy echo , since alot of people look forward to that, all I can ever find is echo's in a forest or city, never real natural outdoor echo, its all OFP echo lol. I found some to model, not the greatest in quality, so that means I will have to use my attention to detail ear to clean them up.

Thanks again to EvenLease for helping out in mod folders and Pred for config ideas.

Thats the update so far guys.

Lets just say, a beta/final coming out when u least expect it, as a suprise?

Well gents,

I havent forgotten about yall, its summer break, meaning, that I wont just have my 2 year old with me, but my 7 year old as well, then my oldest every other week, ALLLLLL day long, everyday heh heh, but I am still getting it done, its just real difficult to find that out doorsy echo , since alot of people look forward to that, all I can ever find is echo's in a forest or city, never real natural outdoor echo, its all OFP echo lol. I found some to model, not the greatest in quality, so that means I will have to use my attention to detail ear to clean them up.

Thanks again to EvenLease for helping out in mod folders and Pred for config ideas.

3 cheers for Chammy!

Well gents,

3 cheers for Chammy!

Good i inlove.gif suprises

Well gents,

Thanks for the update Chammy!

Keep up the great work biggrin_o.gif

Well gents,

I havent forgotten about yall, its summer break, meaning, that I wont just have my 2 year old with me, but my 7 year old as well, then my oldest every other week, ALLLLLL day long, everyday  heh heh, but I am still getting it done, its just real difficult to find that out doorsy echo , since alot of people look forward to that, all I can ever find is echo's in a forest or city, never real natural outdoor echo, its all OFP echo lol. I found some to model, not the greatest in quality, so that means I will have to use my attention to detail ear to clean them up.

3 cheers for Chammy!

One cheers more for his great marketing-talent.

Just like christmas! xmas_o.gifxmas_o.gifxmas_o.gifxmas_o.gifxmas_o.gifxmas_o.gifxmas_o.gif

do you reckon thats the surprise release time? christmas? biggrin_o.gif

Here 's a quick update on my progress. I guess 1.08 changed alot of the vehicle sounds around so the ones i replaced worked fine earlier, till i installed the 1.08 patch and now they are all switched around, so I gots to go and assign them again but here's an update on a few samples, maybe some feed back is good and yall can pick a few.