Sign in to follow this  
cbfasi

Falklands Mod 1.0 Released

Just been VTOL-ing around Port Stanley for the past 25mins

it's the most amazing thing i've ever seen in this game notworthy.gif

Falklands Team = Gods  biggrin_o.gif

Uploaded a first BETA version of mission based on Operation Prelim, the SAS raid on Pebble island.

Link to User Missions

Whoo, I've honestly never been interested in this mod but since I downloaded it I like it so much yay.gif

I can tell good feedback from our site to this mod, but a lot of errors (bugs) where found.

-> SAM and Radarstations doesn't work

-> Landingboat has an error when the player would to move in cargo (crash to desktop)

-> Some cars can only placed empty in editor. Otherwise crash to desktop

-> You can go through houses

This are errors, that where postet in our forum. But people have fun to play this mod...me too thumbs-up.gif

@AfrographX: Thanks for mission smile_o.gif

Imutep

Hi im just passing by to say thx for this mod, been waiting years! ! ! ! !

I think I will enjoy this mod better than arma smile_o.gif

12%..... yay.gif

edit: does it come with any campaign? or missions?

OMFG!!! (sorry for that)

I'm so late! Where I was been before?! Now i feel that i lost the initiative and i can smell that i'm loosing the battle. Why? I checked for this mod 1day and few hours later, when it was released... I missed the release  banghead.gif

But it's worth it! The mighty Vulcano flying at 15m or lower. The Hercules, looks and feels fantastic! BV-202s... - how did they done that functional?(brother said). Oh... Hermes, Invincible, Atlantic Conveyor... and so on and on and on...

I'm in shock! It's uberfantastish, splendless, outstanding, amazing, stunishing... It's one of best miracles of whole ofp editing.

You guys did a great job, thought it's not over yet thumbs-up.gif

I just found out something rather gutting....

I released the out of date Stanley map, not the one I fixed on Monday..

I will see what I can do about getting it available in the not too distant future... along with the fixed Herc...

Great mod from what i've seen playing about with it so far but..

How come the soldiers use the default M16/FN - ? the colt commando seems to be just the basic OPF m4?

I have a copy of the original release & found the sounds were all custom (eg the SAS M16 etc) Why revert to the basic OPF models? (or am I missing a .pbo somewhere?

Still got the memory error even with -nomap although for some reason the 'Conveyor' mission works now. Problem is, after you get your orders on the bridge, i see no non-fatal way of getting back down to the deck-tried 5 times, died 5 times  confused_o.gif

I get a cwkchair.p3d-related error message when starting the Harrier mission and one regarding ar_5t (Argentinian 5t truck I presume).

I get these two bugs too. The only addons I am using are the ones provided in the Falklands downloads...

I had this problem when I tried to put the RAPIER(?) Command tent down in the the Editor.

Great mod from what i've seen playing about with it so far but..

How come the soldiers use the default M16/FN - ? the colt commando seems to be just the basic OPF m4?

I have a copy of the original release & found the sounds were all custom (eg the SAS M16 etc) Why revert to the basic OPF models? (or am I missing a .pbo somewhere?

Original release ?? ??

I think your getting very very confused as we havn't released any troops in the past,

As for the default FN, look a bit closer, they are not the defaults Bis weapons...., we did all our own and I can confirm that, just look at the readme and you can see all the classnames.

The Colt Commando is getting more work, its quite an old model of ours.

However the M16 is the Bis one...

It also seems some of our older addons that passed checks a long time ago are no longer working as the used to, likely due to other changes we may have made without checking for related subjects.

We will do what we can to solve this issues.

Like George said new Colt models have been made and are being textured for next release.

The colt commando is a custom bis one.

Good to see the feedback biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]But managed to do the "belly flop into the ocean take off maneuver" and finished the mission. VTOL landing was neat

You really need to use full speed (shift and forward key with my setup) and start pulling the nose up as soon as you hit the ramp.

Edit: Sorry I was thinking of the invincible.

This release is wonderful, I'm so glad that this mod has finally been released. As I assume you lads are too.

Whilst the units may not be the most visualy stunning ever released for OFP the entire package comes together wonderfully, creating one of the finest OFP experiences I have had to date.

The missions featured (however few) are very well put together, and together with the new units create a great gaming experience. And I sincerely hope you have some more of those missions in store for us in the next few weeks, they're bloody good.

Thank you Falklands mod, I admire you for your dedication and hard work over these five years. Ace job!

Glad to FINALLY see this out biggrin_o.gif hopefully there will be some community made missions made so this doesn't fade away after a couple weeks like most addons do sad_o.gif definately glad to see a quality C-130 in ofp finally, nice job all around

Whilst the units may not be the most visualy stunning ever released for OFP

Should we take that as a insult? wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

All part of the learning curve, and in the long run its all good biggrin_o.gif

I love this mod. you have made one of the best mods ever seen. can i ask a favor of you?

Will you put out a US Marine Harrier Please. i love flying yours and know one else has made one like that.

it is freaking Awesome notworthy.gif

Its very very unlikely at this time that we shall do a USMC Harrier

More 1.01 updates

C130 - Lighting fixed, had never been setup so was on default!, not so anymore, also removed faulty script referances so they 'clean' now

Islands - not noticed (or just not reported) but a number of Stanley buildings where buried upto roofs, they got fixed on Monday morning but I forgot to make the new pbo and add it to the pack.

Links are...

http://flkupload.rkslstudios.info/Release/flk_c1301.01.rar

http://flkupload.rkslstudios.info/Release/flk_islands1.01.rar

txh for the update m8

There's a lot of crew problems in the weapons smile_o.gif

Congrats for the mod

ok, great mod

concerning vtol, I see some people saying it can't be done, others saying that they can.

How is VTOLdone?