Sign in to follow this  
cbfasi

Falklands Mod 1.0 Released

Could some one please post a link to the correct version of editor update 102 that works?

I'm trying to play the third mission in the list but it always gets stuck after saying you need editor update number 102.

I've tried the editor update 102 from the DMA army mod and that didn't work. I then tried the editor update 102 included with finmod which was a few kilobytes bigger but it didn't work either. I get the missing editor update 102 message with both.

Could some one please post a link to the version that will make the mission work.

Also I get an error about missing carrier ambient sound on the Atlantic Conveyor mission.

*Edit*

I have tried General Barrons 102 upgrade and kegetys from several sites each and none have worked. I am sad.

I've unpboed the mission file and opened it up in the editor so see if I could figure out what is wrong.

The following error appears when opening the mission in the editor.I hope this helps.

untitled1ig0.jpg

I'm using mikeros EU 103, with no errors so far.

Now, as much as I hate to be the "first person with a stupid question", how do I perform a VTOL take off in the harrier? I can't see a relevant action or radio option, and it's not mentioned in the manual/readme.

The "Atlantic Ocean" map crashes OFP when I view the SW corner using the smaller map grid. I encountered this bug while I was making Rezina, but was not sure if it was my OFP installation or suffered by all users. If it's the latter, I found the corrupt wrp could be fixed by creating a new identical sized map in WRPtool, then importing all data from the old map and saving.

Mikero's Editor 103 is included in the download but I'm getting the same error in mission 3 - NDS.

I thought the editors were backwards compatible?

I still get the error when I swap the eu for 102

I've been hearing about this mod ever Since I got into OFP (2002/03). Can't Imagine the amount of effort put into this.

Congra'ts on the release.

Can anyone who already downloaded put screens?

Very very proud of you guys.. Thank you all so much for making the dream I had 5 years ago finally come true.. Respect to CBFASI for carrying it on when I could no longer.. notworthy.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Well as they say, better late than never notworthy.gif

I'm using mikeros EU 103, with no errors so far.

Now, as much as  I hate to be the "first person with a stupid question", how do I perform a VTOL take off in the harrier? I can't see a relevant action or radio option, and it's not mentioned in the manual/readme.

The "Atlantic Ocean" map crashes OFP when I view the SW corner using the smaller map grid. I encountered this bug while I was making Rezina, but was not sure if it was my OFP installation or suffered by all users. If it's the latter, I found the corrupt wrp could be fixed by creating a new identical sized map in WRPtool, then importing all data from the old map and saving.

I will investigate the Atlantic Ocean map issue this evening when I finish work.

Other than that I am really happy for all these great comments, makes it seem all worth it.

A few little bugs I found so far. Getting "Invalid Crew" when loading the ship-preview map. I think it's because of the ship artillery units. When trying to load either of the arty turrets alone I get the same error(UA-Arty config uses FLKWF instead of the correct FLKNWF). Same with the red arrow as already mentioned. The geo-lods of several houses (Stanley control tower, the garages west of GH and a few others) don't work correctly.

I also noticed that the Skyhawks sidewinder missiles are overpowered. A pair of two A4s could heavily damage a fleet of 3-4 ships only with their A2A weapons).

/EDIT

That's when the map is bigger as the Zoom levels in the island's config.

FLK-team has to add or adjust a zoom-level in the config (see WrpTool-Example-Configs).

In addition to the issues mentioned. Handguns (i.e the Browning HP and M79) only appear to show up when reloading or running. If you stand still, your hands look empty.

Everything included's really good quality though lads.

FLK-team has to add or adjust a zoom-level in the config (see WrpTool-Example-Configs).

I fixed the problem with my island without changing my config. I believe it is caused by some kind of progressive corruption of the heightfield at/beyond the edges of the map and the OFP map's ability to draw contour lines.

Can anybody confirm the problem?

I fixed the problem with my island without changing my config. I believe it is caused by some kind of progressive corruption of the heightfield at/beyond the edges of the map and the OFP map's ability to draw contour lines.

Can anybody confirm the problem?

I don't need to go to the lower left to have OFP CTD; just zoom out enough.

Would be nice if we could get the init-lines for all the ship functions (lowering/raising ramps, etc.)

/edit: The shells fired from the 4.5inch ship artillery have no impact sounds.

Congratz! A real piece of art. And seems to work with ecp+slx. But yeah i couldnt also figure out how to make a vertical takeoff

I tried in my shortcut -mod=Falklands but when I started it up, I got some really dodgy graphical glitches. How should I start this mod? It doesn't have step-by-step installation instructions in the readme. Do I put the extra addons (COC torpedo etc.) in my flashpoint/addons directory? I don't install mods much and I can't figure it out.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

MUST

PLAY

ALL

NITE!!

THX SOOO MUCH!

I tried in my shortcut -mod=Falklands but when I started it up, I got some really dodgy graphical glitches. How should I start this mod? It doesn't have step-by-step installation instructions in the readme. Do I put the extra addons (COC torpedo etc.) in my flashpoint/addons directory? I don't install mods much and I can't figure it out.

Yes, you have installed the Falklands bit corerctly. That should just be a folder in the OFP base directory. Now you must install the required addon pack as well which is available from the site. When you have installed all of the required addons, it will create a folder called @COC. You need to append this to you OFP loadup line so it reads:

-mod=@COC;Falklands

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

MUST

PLAY

ALL

NITE!!

THX SOOO MUCH!

time to get OFP installed then eh neph? wink_o.gif

Just a perfect pack of that war. Great effort u have made. notworthy.gif

Congratulations gents!

I've been following your progress with great anticipation, looking forward to a jolly good scrap! pistols.gif