Sign in to follow this  
cbfasi

Falklands Mod 1.0 Released

Concerning VTOL: I'm trying to take of in VTOL Mode, But I cant seem to do it, Can anyone help me?

The VTOL options got removed because we had complaints about these being inthe menu etc.. and the semi-automation was thought by some to be a better solution.

I know the options got removed, RKSL mad_o.gif What I'm asking is, since people keep saying VTOL mode is possible, Is there any way to activate VTOL for Take off. I'm stuck on Atlantic Conveyor Mission, Cause I cant fly off the helipad deck cause theres a giant iron wall infront of me icon_rolleyes.gif

Cause, I'd really love to try the mission

AFAIK there is no way to do a vertical take off, but it is possible (however improbable) to take off straight through that steel wall structure, off the end of the boat, into the ocean, then back out into the air. I managed to take off once with flaps UP.

Whilst the units may not be the most visualy stunning ever released for OFP the entire package comes together wonderfully, creating one of the finest OFP experiences I have had to date.

I prefer having not so much eyecandy units which have a good performance than the other way round.

Why did everybody run around without helmet in the Falklands by the way?

Whilst the units may not be the most visualy stunning ever released for OFP the entire package comes together wonderfully, creating one of the finest OFP experiences I have had to date.

I prefer having not so much eyecandy units which have a good performance than the other way round.

Me too, and that is exactly my point smile_o.gif

Why did everybody run around without helmet in the Falklands by the way?

A few of reasons...

The helmets back then were known to be rather uncomfortable.

Also for must of the time the enemy wasn't close enough to worry about head protection.

Also when getting your picture taekn by the press it looks better with a beret etc, this latter has meant that its very had to find a picture of troops in the Falklands with the Helemts on, especially non-paras who had the uncomfortable tin hat.

its very had to find a picture of troops in the Falklands with the Helemts on, especially non-paras who had the uncomfortable tin hat.

Scotsguards

Other than that all I can find are berets or no hats (if you google image search it, you’ll no doubt see the British guy walking off with the Union Jack on his back, clearly not concerned with camo...) crazy_o.gif

Thank you so much for putting this Mod together. What a bunch of bloody good geezers then eh...

its very had to find a picture of troops in the Falklands with the Helemts on, especially non-paras who had the uncomfortable tin hat.

Scotsguards

Other than that all I can find are berets or no hats (if you google image search it, you’ll no doubt see the British guy walking off with the Union Jack on his back, clearly not concerned with camo...)  crazy_o.gif

Thats a picture of Argentinian troops!

Atlantic Ocean Bug

Just found same issue myself for the first time, I will be disabling that map for the 1.02 update until I identify what is causing the bug, its not the grid size as its based on the 'intro' setup, and the only diffs are no land,a co-ordinate change (which work for the other flk maps) but I have a feeling its because it lacks any land. I will be investigating, sorry for this isse..

Guys with reguard to the harrier and svtol/vtol it is in and it is working, the old version of it which had it controlled from the user menu was removed due to complaints.... this new version has it built in, however now when taking off it will automatically perform a STOL (short take off or landing) u cant just vtol when on the ground, but once you are up in the air and flying simply hold S so you slow down and when you are going slow enough use Q & Z to increase or decrease its height and A & S to Yaw laft/right.

so in short only svtol on take off, and fully functional vtol when landing.

hope that helps

Atlantic Ocean Bug

Just found same issue myself for the first time, I will be disabling that map for the 1.02 update until I identify what is causing the bug, its not the grid size as its based on the 'intro' setup, and the only diffs are no land,a co-ordinate change (which work for the other flk maps) but I have a feeling its because it lacks any land. I will be investigating, sorry for this isse..

Try the wrpTool fix I mentioned on page 2, or create the wrp in visitor! In my experience this bug has nothing to do with config.

Try the wrpTool fix I mentioned on page 2, or create the wrp in visitor! In my experience this bug has nothing to do with config.

FIXED it...

Will be islands 1.02 when thats had a few other tweaks

Took the South Georiga islands, saled it down bigtim, but left a couple of the mounts poking out, and put rocks on them...

Seems to have done the job, can now look at bottom left without ctd, jsut a few hours work to fix that one little bug....

Trying to add the ship's turrets for naval bombardment, but when I try to run it I get a CTD with the message "Invalid crew FLKWF".

BTW, By God, this was worth the wait!

Grab the FLK_ArtUA 1.01 update, it fixes it (link on first page)

Thanks, just spotted it. smile_o.gif

Many moons ago flk was aiming to have just a couple of pbos, with lots in each...

However I was as working on ships at the time and on a 56k, and uploading a 50+mb files for a minor texture fix was really annoying me, so I broke the file up.

With varius team member doing their own bits it became easier in general to leave all the bits in their own pbo's, this may mean lot of pbos but also meansn its much much easier to fix a small problem and update...

Imagine me having to spend 3 hourss uploading a 300mb file just to fix crew on a gun...

The whole mod has it's own unique character. Standing in among the sheds at Grytviken, looking toward King Edward Point, Endurance in the narrows, I felt like turning the central heating up to full.

Settled for a hot toddy instead. whistle.gif

Make it even more interesting by using NIM snow weater, say blizzard.... then use a flk civvy (these actully for Sg) and go for a walk up the tops.

IF you got mp ideas then make a quicky 1 guy on walk in blizard with slight randaom radius postion, and another guy in one of the helos has to find him....

I may even make one like this last up as it takes skill on both parts with that nice low vis, helo to find, and th walker to listen and alret helo of thier postion as they hear it come (and go)

Been exploring the problem with the NDS mission. Try installing the two files at my site. I think the problem is that I used an older version of the 102 update. I have uploaded it to my site.

I also had 103 in my addons folder so for safety i recommend you have both too.

Remember, the 102 is a version particular to my site. It is smaller than the other editor update 102!

http://www.freewebs.com/ofpbob/

I'm looking at recreating the walk through Grytviken to King Edward, though with a somewhat warmer reception than that in the history books. Yes, I've tried NIM. Bloody good stuff!

Guest RKSL-Rock

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>IMPORTANT NEWS!</span>

We are trying very hard to fix as much as we can as fast as we can but it would really help the FLK to track the bugs if you can post them on our bug tracker you would help us alot.

If you have a bug please report it at:

http://bugs.flashpoint1982.co.uk

Thanks.

The FLK Team.

Guys with reguard to the harrier and svtol/vtol it is in and it is working, the old version of it which had it controlled from the user menu was removed due to complaints.... this new version has it built in, however now when taking off it will automatically perform a STOL (short take off or landing) u cant just vtol when on the ground, but once you are up in the air and flying simply hold S so you slow down and when you are going slow enough use Q & Z to increase or decrease its height and A & S to Yaw laft/right.

so in short only svtol on take off, and fully functional vtol when landing.

hope that helps

Thanks I finally finished the Atlantic Coveyor Mission

Just a heads up -- and I'll put this on the bugtracker too -- FLK mod seems to CTD when I use Kegety's DXDLL.

seems to work fine with kegety's dxdll on mine.