Sign in to follow this  
cbfasi

Falklands Mod 1.0 Released

I get "invalid crew flkwf" error and a CTD when trying to load the "FLK_ShipSetups.Intro"

That mission is being broken down into smaller missions, with 'empty' ships instead of side ships, ths will mean that users will be able to name sectins AND also activate animations via triggers etc.

This will also sort the crew issues out as I beleive that although the fix has been applied to the ArtUA which caused it, the crew with the wrong names may well still be listed as such in the sqm file

The M79's shoots like a rifle, ie the rounds are flat and fast, rounds/mags dont show up in the inventory (no big deal).

Has been added to our bug site. And will be fixed ASAP.

Hi!

Great work on the mod, air and sea units look splendid! But what happened to roland, skyguard, scorpion add scimitar? They were in the old beta release.

Just currious. I'd like to ask sth:

-how can I put vehicles on the ship deck (good that there is no slippery surface)?

-how can I terminate the ship's bouncing on the waves (make them even more static)?

Can I do that before I select Preview in editor?

...Well Idon't know even if that's possible...

Thanks!

It would seem that there has been significant confusion between the Malvinas release's fromthe past and this current Falklands Release.

Falklands has not in the past released anything other than a Harrier, Lynx and a few ships.

Vehicles on ship decks, pleas use the setpos command.

As for ships bouncing? I am unclear which vessels you are refering too..

I must say I'm rather impressed with the amount of good addons and maps that have been released. Pity that the Sea King and Wessex didn't make this release though. Any plans of releasing them in the near future?

Guys, I've fixed Missions 1, 2, and 3. There were some last minute VTOL changes I was unaware of, plus a few other fixes here and there. Anyway, they will be uploaded as soon as CFBASI comes in from the sunshine. I hope they will be to your satisfaction. Look out for Mission 4 in 1.1.

EDIT: I could also use a few more voices for mission 4 and others. If any Brits with a microphone want to get involved, just PM me on this forum. Help would be massively appreciated. Cheers guys.

Oh, of course... Thanks.

One further question: why has the panhard unfinished interior and gun recoil?

Thanks, keep on the good work.

Didn't had the chance to comment on this yet. Played around with it and I have to say, amazing work. A very nice pack of addons and islands. The vehicles, especially the aircraft are excellent. There are still a lot of things missing and there are some minor issues with some addons but I am sure those will get fixed.

Good work guys, this is one of the mods I have been looking forward for the most and I have to say, it was worth it thumbs-up.gif

A question though: Will the mission on the hilltop (Mount Harriet battle?) get fixed? It's totally unfinished, I know, but I think it has great potential to become a great mission.

its very had to find a picture of troops in the Falklands with the Helemts on, especially non-paras who had the uncomfortable tin hat.

Scotsguards

Other than that all I can find are berets or no hats (if you google image search it, you’ll no doubt see the British guy walking off with the Union Jack on his back, clearly not concerned with camo...)  crazy_o.gif

Scots Guards!? FFS!  rofl.gif

Actually there are lots of pics of bods on Op. Corporate

wearing lids (and not just the "Scots Guards" Argies).

But three random examples (out of many):

flkh2.jpg

flkh3.jpg

flkh9.jpg

Oh, and the famous booty with the flag was filmed well after

the surrender, when "camo" was presumably less of a concern

than exhibitionist displays for the news photographers.

I had been eagerly anticipating the release of the Falklands

mod primarily for the British soldiers and personal weapons,

especially after all we'd heard about the research put into

ensuring the authenticity of the models. Now, having seen

them, I wish I could say that I was more impressed with

them. I think the aircraft, landscapes and ships are great,

and I appreciate the work involved in creating all of this, but

I do tend to think that the soldiers let the side down a bit.

Thanks...

I think for a team we did really well. Not everyone has the level of expertise that some of the addon makers out there have. And after all we are not professional game makers wink_o.gif

Can you elaborate please as we welcome constructive criticism.

A small number of updates..

1. Ajax bay Refrigeration Plant now has geomtry

2. Rapier has had number of fixes

3. M79 adjusted to be more like a grenade launcher

The last two files reflect this..

OFP3296.jpg

I must give thanks to both CatKuba and CapMorgan of the Malvinas team.

This was one of the buildings I thought was very very well done by the Malvinas crew and I knew I could do no better within a reasonable timeframe.  I asked and we have been given permission for its use and it is now placed in its correct location in Stanley.

For links please goto first page and first post in this topic

I was playing Malvinas Mode sometimes and there had a lot of the addons there are missing like Scimitar etc.

But i think it would be great with the permission of the duys to use some addons from there ?

So you had (lol) more times to build more mission for your excellet work you had done.

Darkhans

Yep, some further cooperation between Malvinas and FLK would be great. Vehicles from Malvinas that could fill in gaps at FLK mod: Unimogs, Mercedes Benz 240 GD, Roland System AA, Scorpion/ Scimitar and Westland Seaking.

Quote[/b] ]I do tend to think that the soldiers let the side down a bit.

What's wrong with them? I think they are great, is it because they don't use 500,000,000 polygons that you don't like them?

Thanks for the updates, they are doing a good job at fixing the ctd with some of the invalid config entries (i always have one invalid crew with the red arrow hawk after the patches).

The more i play with those addons, the more i am impressed with all the works that went into them icon14.gif

(the Avro Vulcan and the LVTP-7 are now my new favorite OFP vehicle)

The Red Arrow will be fixed soon...

After reading all of the previous pages I wanted to first congratulate the Falklands Mod Team for finally releasing five years of hard work. I had thought that I would never see it, but I'm glad that, despite a few flaws, that you guys did release it and with it blew some new life into the now quiet OFP community.

Here are a few flaws I noticed that haven't been addressed.

1. BIS pilots and soldiers still being used by units such as some of the AA guns and most of the jet aircraft. There is the old BKM pilot that they allowed the public to use (the one with the oxygen mask/hose). It is easy to stick a patch on the uniform texture and adjust the colors. My Mod uses theirs for our pilots and they look great and are easy to modify. You are welcome to rip the pilots from our Addon Pack #2 if you can't find the original BKM pilots.

2. Gazelle helicopters WAAAAY too small. They look like toy remote controlled helicopters with pilot and crew stuffed into them. The models area great however as well as the cool interior and engine/rotor sounds. They just need to be scaled properly more around the size of the OFrP Gazelles.

3. Wasp/Scout type helicopters go bouncing off if you walk into them. So their weights seem to need some adjusting.

4. For the problem with ships flying off when bumped or hit with a bomb or missile: The solution is to get permission from Gnat (maker of the Oliver Hazzard Perry class ship as well as other OFP ships) to use his script that keeps ships from flying off every time they are hit. It is a very effective script.

5. Helmets seem a little bit too big. I know they got all that cammo stuff on them, but even despite that, their shape and size seems a bit off. They look great... but just seem a bit off compared to pics of Falklands era soldiers.

6. Rapier Command Net are could use some fire control equipment under the net.

7. Implementation of JAM regular and HD units along with AP, AA, and AT variants of the JAM LAW/Carl Gustav ammo or the AT gunners.

8. Custom faces needed (more red headed gingers with the bush mustaches!wink_o.gif along maybe some hispanic faces for the Argies (who range from European looking to very dark skinned indigenous looking).

9. There is no custom music, triggered voices, or atmospheric sounds other then those that are vehicle related. I would recommend popular music listened to in the UK during that period as well as in Argentinia. I know you guys are looking for British voices but also some Argentinian voices or at least some Spanish speaking voices would be good. They also have a particular accent, but if you can't find any Argentinian OFP players who want to record, any Spanish speaking voice would be better then nothing. Just compile a list of common soldier commands and yells and stuff. (ex. Medic!, Foroward!, etc...).

10. Starlight scope on L1A1 rifle could have its lens texture shaded slightly green (rather then just simple green aim markers) so to at least create the illusion of night vision. I'm assuming that you guys didn't want to equip that soldier with NVG's.

That's all I've noticed so far.

Keep up the awesome work! Once again, Congratulations! Well done!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The Lost Brothers Mod Team Leader

For me this mod is perfect apart from the bugs mentioned earlier (especially the 4.5 inch turret being on it's side whenever you man it, and SeaDarts falling through the ships), but more importantly:

No campaign and hardly any missions on release sad_o.gif

No mod can be called great without missions/a campaign to play with the addons besides having them in the editor.

A small number of updates..

1. Ajax bay Refrigeration Plant now has geomtry

2. Rapier has had number of fixes

3. M79 adjusted to be more like a grenade launcher

The last two files reflect this..

http://www.cbfasi.co.uk/picsfalk/OFP3296.jpg

I must give thanks to both CatKuba and CapMorgan of the Malvinas team.

This was one of the buildings I thought was very very well done by the Malvinas crew and I knew I could do no better within a reasonable timeframe.  I asked and we have been given permission for its use and it is now placed in its correct location in Stanley.

For links please goto first page and first post in this topic

Nice Church!!!

wink_o.gif  wink_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Thanks for the "Thanks"!

Is interesting that I see the church & now thinking about including more models from "Malvinas MOD". It´s not bad idea.  smile_o.gif

And to be able to play "a complete" MOD of war.

biggrin_o.gif

Does anyone have any information on British/Argentine military organisation in 1982, down to section level? I can't find a thing.

Some reaponses to Miles

1. We have become aware of this, many are just older addons we hadn't gone back to check. Many are being fixed as we get to them.

2. Our Gazelle body has a lenth of 9.17m, real is 9.53m, thats less than 4%, and tbh is well within accuracy of working from 3d plans.

3. Fixed please see update on page 1, post 1

4. Which ships, as tbh only 1 ship can be moved! the rest are boats and are much smaller craft.

5. Helmts are based directly off referance material regarding the immediate predeccessor to th current Mk6 Kevlar, the Mk 4 and 5.

6. Fair point

7. There is an inherant problem of Jams 7.62 mags are for automatic weapons.. which the SLR is not...  Also JAM did not exist for much of the time this mod has been in existance, to haev kept changing every time soemthign came out woud have meant this mod would never of got this far.

8.  You have to have the faces to put in...

9.  Home made music was tried but never met with what we was after in its fullness, also then got overlookedand forgotten about, as for using music from the era... we could not, and still can not do so under UK and International Law.

Voices again was looked at too late to really do any effective work.

Response to Jdb..

Which would you rather have.....

Lots of missions and a campaign but poor and few addons

or

Few missions but more addons of higher quality..

We went for the latter, especially as addons where still being worked on, on the release day.  To have then taken time to work on missions etc would have delayed us for months..

mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  banghead.gif

Yes it taken 5 years and there may not appear to be as much as you might expect BUT some of us have real lifes.  We are also not all youngsters with some having daytime jobs which take up lots of time, others have undergone major chanes such as going both into AND out of Univeristy during the mods existance.  I would say most of the team did NOT have prior experiance of modeling or textures or cpp or wrp.  We spent a long time learning how to work as a team, even now its not perfect, we developed skills we didnt have before.

I am one the saddest in the team having taken most of my leave from work just to work on Falklands ships and terrain, even at Christmas (ask the team! ), along with I would guess 80% of the rest of my time at home.  While I as off work ill for 6 weeks I even tried then to do flk work, turned out even that was beyond me thanks to illness, but the last 2 weeks improved and the fact I was able to start working again on flk meant I knew I was almost fit to be at work, if Doc allowed me.  I also had to stop all work on the North Devon Map of mine thanks to Falklands, something I regret now as it had potential but it would have meant me risking a commitment I made... so think carefully when providing critisim about what you do and don't get.  

Time is a humbler, you can plan all you like but try to keep it going after many months when many everyone around you seems to want you to give up.

Also as anyone who is part of a long running mod will say the teams go through a 'nothing' period when almost everyone shuts down just from boredom and loss of interest, we have lost team members during these and have often had to restart all the work they have started and have never handed over (some of it very good work!wink_o.gif.

This mod came very very very close to being shut down within the last few months but I setup the deadline you are all aware of, I knew we would not get everything out, I knew we would not have many missions, I knew a campaigne was very unlikely... BUT it kept us going and has meant you got far more than you would of had hd soem serious decision not been made.  

Did I make a wrong decision considering the alternative?

Moan over......

Some of us are sill working our butts off... I think almost every day since release I have been workingon something for flk

especially the 4.5 inch turret being on it's side whenever you man it, and SeaDarts falling through the ships), but more importantly:

Sea Darts erm this one new, can you report with more information on our bug tracker, need to know more about why because the only time they fall through ships is at the moment if they get hit and knocked off http://bugs.flashpoint1982.co.uk/

As for the 4.5 Mk 6 on its side, I noticed this earlier today when putting an AA version in... I am looking into it as I am very puzzled why at this time, might be a cog issue, althought why is odd as the land contacts are present.