Sign in to follow this  
NeMeSiS

Zmod (Crappy Zombie Mod)

Con's:

-Some bugs (They attack choppers/tanks/etc just as much as infantry, probably fixable by the mission editor if he sets the vehicle to the civilian side)

they would anyways.. There Zombies, if it has flesh inside it they will attack it rofl.gif

Well, i think a zombie would prefer a fresh human over a tank, and they shouldnt run after a chopper just because its closer then the nearest human on the ground, thats just weird and makes it quite hard to make a proper mission tounge2.gif

I dont know when the next version will be released, to be honest i havent done much since Wednesday, and charonos did achieved the most in the past few days (so you might as well ask him wink_o.gif ), and tomorrow my vacation ends and im not sure how much time i can spend on this then. icon_rolleyes.gif

yeah agreed m8, its a bit annoying when you set infantry unit to start a section strength assault against the zombies with the intention of playing a chopper pilot that supports their action only to find the zombies totally ignore the infantry and all clump up underneath the chopper leaving the infantry free reign to slot all teh zombies with no opposition, becomes boring, if that could be sorted it would be better

Could always give the zombies a large can opener:P

But anyhow back on subject.....

They are zombies and go for the nearest source of flesh...tinned or not.

Wooo hoo now Zombie mods are Begun...can't wait...

Hey, i was wondering if anyone has updated the zombies? im going to a bit of a lan party this weekend and would really like to show off the amazing armed assault..

Coop + Zombies = Long fun.

We were great fans of the ofp zombie mod..

Im just looking for some small additions.. like maybe more optimized targeting ;-)

or moaning.. anything would be good!

thank you.

i wish there was a way to make fleeing not as easy, no idea how however...

Currently it is more zombie hunt when you are well armed, zombie fleeing when you just have a makarov, but i was hoping to build some zombie survival missions.

Cool, started playing around with them.

I have soldiers using the Patrol Script patrolling the airfield in Sahari, some choppers in the middle of the runways, 2 Harriers taking off side by side. runs fine. After a few minutes, civilians start coming out of the woodwork, from all directions, running across the airfield to the other sides, etc. etc.

Why are they running? Well, when you see the Zs coming out of the woods shortly after them..... choppers take to the air, patrolling units hit the ground, all heck breaks loose, and the game slows down ALOT....

but, I'm getting an idea of what I can/can't do. If we can port scripts from OFP with only minor changes, then the only thing I'm worried about is only having 4 Zs to choose from.....

AWSOME MOD!! I have been playing this for a while and I must say they are great for a first try. I love it beasue in OFp you can only put maybe 180 zombies b4 it starts to lag. This one way better grafix and I put over 300 zombies vs 24 guys and not 1 bit of lagg. I must say I can not wait till next version.

MY PC

P4 3.0 HT

Geforce 6800 gt 256mb

2 gigs ram

X-FI sound card

WD 10,000 raptor X

but thats gonna be removed soon, this bug. says Suma in general forums category

Ah, I understand now why killing zombies got suddenly so hard...

I didn't know why after applying patch 1.05, all my zombie missions became real hard ! tounge2.gif With some improved AI (or is it ?), the zombies even flank my squad in the mist. Something really frightening with the new NVG effects.

Damn I love this game ! And I love Zombies !

By the way : Any news on an update ? OK, it'll be ready when it will...

Malick

Anybody found a way to write a mission where you effectively have to flee from the zombies, but in a way that it ain't easy at all?

Elimination is fun for a time only.

Seems to me zombies are more like... indoor creatures...

I wish I could find some people online to fight so zombies. It is really fun when you got 200+ zombies running after you. Some1 should make a zombies server and post it here so people know were to go to play it.When I build my new pc I will buy another coppy and run a 24/7 zombie server but for now some1 ealse has to do it.

It be great to have a sort of MMORPG mission that runs 24/7 that involves zombies. Where the players could build fortifactions and bases, and then go out on scavanger hunts around the island, or even try and fight back the zombie hordes and reclaim areas of the island. Or players even fighting each other for resources and weapons. Would be like some sort of zombie MMORPG

Are these things even MP compitable? I never tried them online and i didnt write the scripts with MP in mind. (Although this old version shouldnt be to hard to make MP compitable. If it doesnt work right now and if anyone wants to use them online he may pull the script from the old .pbo and edit it to his needs so there is no addon dependancy, can also be used to 'suprise' people with zombies in SP)

Are these things even MP compitable? I never tried them online and i didnt write the scripts with MP in mind. (Although this old version shouldnt be to hard to make MP compitable. If it doesnt work right now and if anyone wants to use them online he may pull the script from the old .pbo and edit it to his needs so there is no addon dependancy, can also be used to 'suprise' people with zombies in SP)

I would imagine that, fun though zombies are in SP, having hundreds of zombies in an MP game would be somewhat of a lag-o-rama. This is one of my concerns when thinking of my own solutions, and one reason why I prefer to work toward slow lurching zombies.

Whenever I get around to it wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

moaning to the zombies is the only thing missing i think tounge2.gif but i dont have very high demands biggrin_o.gif

It be great to have a sort of MMORPG mission that runs 24/7 that involves zombies. Where the players could build fortifactions and bases, and then go out on scavanger hunts around the island, or even try and fight back the zombie hordes and reclaim areas of the island. Or players even fighting each other for resources and weapons. Would be like some sort of zombie MMORPG

Now THAT is an idea smile_o.gif

Something like www.urbandead.com =)

Would be great to have it persistent... JIP into a base... then banding together to scavenge for weapons/vehicles/materials and taking out the zombies smile_o.gif

I think we should give it a shot online. But when I get some time I will make a shot mission with only 50 zombies to test it out online, the only thing is I need people to joinm I made a zombie server but no1 came in b4 sad_o.gif . I will go make a shot mission and try to test online.

I WILL HAVE THE TEST SERVER UP AROUND 7:00pm USA eastern 3/7/07 IF YOU GUYS WOULD LIKE TO TEST YOU ARE WELCOME. NAME OF SERVER- ZOMBIE TEST SERVER.

Yeh it works online, I play this online all the time with my mates.

I also played this online.. they work Just as well as in singleplayer...

WE just need some updates =P

Ah, too bad i haven't seen this before !

Quote[/b] ]I WILL HAVE THE TEST SERVER UP AROUND 7:00pm USA eastern 3/7/07 IF YOU GUYS WOULD  LIKE TO TEST YOU ARE WELCOME. NAME OF SERVER- ZOMBIE TEST SERVER.

When is the next try, mate ? I'm dying to kill undeads wink_o.gif

Malick