Sign in to follow this  
NeMeSiS

Zmod (Crappy Zombie Mod)

I think you must have the zombie addon file or it wont let you join the server, I had a few people join but it kicked them out because it said sometinhg about the addon.

There will be another test server today 3-08-07 around 7:00pm usa estern time. Drop by and kill some zombies.

I see people trying to join but when they try it sais

You can no play/edit this mission for the contents need were deleted; something like this. Does this mean they dont have the addon needed??

OK, no problem, I got the addon ^^

And i'll try to join ! Hope I'll meet some of you wink_o.gif

Malick

You can no play/edit this mission for the contents need were deleted; something like this. Does this mean they dont have the addon needed??

Yes it does, what i can suggest to remove the addon dependancy is this:

Pull the script (zombietarget.sqs) from the .pbo, exec it from a unit in the mission editor and he will act like a zombie, although he he will have lower armor values then the zombies.

Cant give an ETA on the new version, like i said i barely work on it and i have problems with ArmA (Although may be hardware related), furthermore i will be in Berlin next week so I definitely wont release anything very soon, but maybe someone else will tounge2.gif

Okay with the authorization of Ofpforum

i post here an update of the Crappy Zombie Mod.

Link: CZM V0.5

It features:

- New sounds added, more variety of attack sounds,

the zombies will moan and breathe once in a while.

Really increases the atmosphere!

- Fixed zombie movement and issues where many would just stand around

- The zombies are now setposed "UP"

- Infected humans will resurrect and become zombies now!

Have fun with this update.

good work, but they are really still too crafty, they are almost impossible to kill, even satchel charges won't kill them.

if anyone agree with me its quite simple to edit the config, just change the armor class to something that fits you.

Hey, that's good news !

Since you're editing them right now, can you make the zombies a tad bit less unstoppable ? wink_o.gif

Waiting for your update : I even watched Romero's "Night of the living dead" recently. I'm in a zombie fashion mood !

Malick : braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain

found antohter odd little bug, when they are killed they only lie still as long as you don't go near them, if you get close enough they still bite.

I can't seem to find a way to make them carfty but not to crafty right now its only one shot one kill or shoot all you want it won't help.

You have to shoot them in the head!

1 max 2 shots they are down, thats how the armor config is laid out. It can't be done in a different way unfortunately,because shots to the body hardly have an effect as in the movies.

Heavy MGs do bring them down even with body shots.

Still if too many people think that theay are too hard to bring down, we will change it in the next update.

The link is up now.

Great !

Regarding the zombies toughness. You say 'shoot them inthe head'. Alas, with 1.05 there is no more head shot, remember... So zombies are a real pain to kill. I think that the upcoming 1.06 it will be ok though. There's no need in my opinion for an update of the zombies on that point.

I'll test it right now biggrin_o.gif

Malick

thanks Malick now I know why that don't work, I tried to make the zombies only die by headshots, didn't go to well... now I just play with the armor set to 25 instead of 55 they are still hard to kill, but no longer impossible...

Hahaha this is great, I spawned like 300 Z's in the desert and a squad of M249 armed infantry, fun fun fun fun!!!!

I think we need people who know what they're doing to create a zombie campaign wink_o.gif

I think we need people who know what they're doing to create a zombie campaign wink_o.gif

I may try that... But with a bit of dynamic touch, if you see what I mean biggrin_o.gif

Malick

[EDIT] Wow : I just tried that... In fact, it IS horrible. I created a mission where I had to patrol an area with a 4 men squad. I spotted a group of zombies on a hill, so I called in artillery support to eliminate them. But nothing could stop them. Soon, we were into close combat, because another group of zombies had flanked us. Two of my men had been infected, and it took me by surprise ! I've been eaten alive !

Damn, I love this game and I love this addon ! Thank you BIS and ZMoD ! And thanks Charonos for the update : sounds and scripts are just great...

Can somebody explain to me how i can Unpbo the NEM_ZOMBIes.pbo or tell me the class names?

I think the zombies' name is :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">NeM_Zombie_n

where n=1..4

Malick

you get the cpbo file, I'm not sure where to find it as a loose program but its included in the realism soundpack, then you install it, then rightclick on the pbo file and select extract, when you are finished editing just right click again and select create pbo.

I don't know that much about classnames and all that but once you open the config file its not that difficlut to edit.

GOOD WORK!!! biggrin_o.gif

A few bug that should be ez to fix.

1. When the zombie kills a civ and then the civ comes back to life he should be cover in blood (when he comes back to like he is undamaged and cant tell if he is good or bad)

2. When the civ comes back to life he will not attack Opfor or Blufor troops, he just runs away.

3. The sounds are a huge update but could use a little for sometimes it sounds like a mad dog not a zombie.

4. When you kill a zombie, the dead animation is messed up because the zombies will fall down half way come back up fall down half way he does this about 4-5 times before he falls dawn and it dead.

5. The attack animation is not as smooth as the .02 verison.

Other than this I think you guys did a pritty damn good job on these zombies. I cant wait till the next one. All we need now it to play online with other people with this mod and have it work.

okay i gave the updated zombies a test and damn they scare the shit!! the moan sounds do sometimes feel very loud but other than that its working ok. Just like others said the armor the things is just too much sometimes, i fired 4-5 burst fires into one to kill him... and the speed they move in is incredible fast tounge2.gif

btw in readme says to make zombie walk slower put this code into the init of the mission and i put in the init field of every zombie in the mission but they still move pretty fast. Also if there could be a way to make the infected soldiers and civilians to look at least a little bit bloody when they get spawned back as zombie it would be good because they look healthy and untouched and then suddenly they walk close and kill you tounge2.gif

But zombies at least have sound now that was one of the things i really wanted and i am putting togheter slowly a coop mission. Maybe wont be 200 zombies ut more like 10 zombies at start but there are lots of civilians and soldiers on the small island group so they grow in numbers wink_o.gif

... and the speed they move in is incredible fast  tounge2.gif

btw in readme says to make zombie walk slower put this code into the init of the mission and i put in the init field of every zombie in the mission but they still move pretty fast.

Anyone an idea how to get the slow moving to work?

MfG Lee huh.gif

I have been trying some1 should PM the guy and ask him how to do it step by step or post it because it is not working.

imodified the resurrection script slightly so a zombie is spawned rather than a civilan, did some troopmon simulation then

very hard to balance zombies/civilians/soldiers in a city tounge2.gif

Thanks for the constructive thoughts guys!

@Commando84 & Drew77

The reason why the infected units are not blood covered yet is

that i would have to setdammage them to at least 0.5 to get the look but then they would die in 1 shot. You see the infection is still

not really making them like the other zombies they still have the "normal" armor values. I would have to consider ALL EXISTING units in the game in the zombie config and change their armor there and possibly the textures they use, which is a massive amount of work.

I was thinking of setfacing them maybe to a zombie face to make them at least look a bit zombie-ish.

In a short testrun the zombies moved slower with setbehaviour "careless", but that might have been a coincidence, i will look into that. The way to test it would be to put in your init.sqf:

NEM_OLDSCHOOL=true;

@agamoth

I will reconsider the armor values, haven't been aware of the head armor lack in 1.05 (why actually did they do that??? )

Where is the info from the version history?

Or did you look at the new config?

EDIT: There is still body part armor classes in the config.bin after patch 1.05.

BUT, they don't have any effect even if you put armor=9999 in the head section it changes nothing.

@Drew77

The attack animation is hard to achieve, because it interrupts itself within the script update, i will try to improve it.

The fact of fleeing civilians surprises me, they are grouped to a zombie they should not run away, hmm maybe the allowfleeing didn't work on them.

OKAY THIS IS THE UPDATED VERSION! :

CZMV0.51

Thank you charonos for comming out with the new patch so fast, You work is great, and I cant wait to see what you come up with next.

KEEP UP THE AWSOME WORK!! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif