Sign in to follow this  
NeMeSiS

Zmod (Crappy Zombie Mod)

I think he said b4 that waypoint will not work with this addon.

in mission, as the units are send around via domove from script

but you could use waypoints in script to avoid domove

QuietMan

Just unPBO the config file

heh, yeah, thanks. I figured it out myself. I should really just wait a few minutes before asking questions, I usually figure it out myself right after I post about it.

Keep the updates coming, I'm making a SP mission with the zombies. Might even make it into a campaign.

Hey man, these are lots of fun to mess around with but they don't seem to work with addon soldiers, like vilas' police etc. I imagine the resurrection script checks the infected dead unit and then creates a damaged 'zombie version' of the corresponding unit. Would it be possible in a future version to have unknown units that recognised in the script to just resurrect as one of the four generic zombie units? Just a thought...

Oh and is it possible to make the zombies invincible like in the old ofp version when they only stayed dead for 30 seconds or so when shot before rising again crazy_o.gif

Oh and I'd just like to recommend using this mod in combination with CSL PopulateIsland script. Huge dynamic zombie missions over the whole island... Fun pistols.gif

Okay here is the SWAT units definitions.

They are lacking the correct wound material selections already

in the SWAT release, so the infected ones also won't have any wounds. Maybe after the tools are released the original SWAT units' author will add the correct wounds.

SWAT Definitions

@Acid-Angel

Unknown units will be recognized in the next release.

Good tip!

@quiet_man

The individual zombies have to be moved with domove because waypoints are for ALL units in a group and some people group their zombies not to run in the group size limit.

However in the next version there will be a waypoint enabling

variable NEM_WPENABLED, which can be used to switch on/off

the zombie chase routine to move them around with waypoints on the map. They won't attack anything though in that mode.

And an infection timer of 5 minutes for player/Ai will be implemented too.

@quiet_man

The individual zombies have to be moved with domove because waypoints are for ALL units in a group and some people group their zombies not to run in the group size limit.

However in the next version there will be a waypoint enabling

variable NEM_WPENABLED, which can be used to switch on/off

the zombie chase routine to move them around with waypoints on the map. They won't attack anything though in that mode.

ah ok,

instead of an switch you could make an array for which units "chase" (domove) should be enabled

This way the mission designer could selective activate it, e.g. with "detected by" Triggers, by adding/removing units to/from array

QuietMan

haha today me and a friend saw something incredible in arma happen, we played vs the zombies in coop and my friend was trying to go GTA mother**** on the zombies with a m113 ambulance but the zombies managed to kill him without destrying the apc but the fun part was the aftermath when the apc still moving even when my friend is dead wich can be realistic but!!! it started to drive around bouncing between all the buildings in the town like crazy moving over the zombies and stuff. dunno after a while it stopped moving but itm was at least 6 or so fewer zombies left for me to kill and i had seen a apc miracle in Arma wow_o.gif

I had a smiliar thing in mp last weekend where i was in a hmmwv with a friend and the zombies managed to kill us inside the vehicle rofl.gif

Thanks for reporting this Blueflight and Commando84,

that is due to the proximity check in the attack script of the zombies, i will include a check if the human is inside a vehicle to prevent that issue in the next update.

@Quitman.

I could use an array for that,

the problem is that already there is huge arrays being

used for the whole thing, so with each new array being added

the whole thing will get slower unfortunately.

could it be possible to make them eventually try to go around a vehicle rather than letting them walk to their prey directly and go through the obstacle?

i know its a BIS bug but i am wondering

@DieAngel

Sorry, it is not possible to maneuvre units that exactly.

That is an Arma thing, if they walk through obstacles due

to errors in the bounding box intersection handling or even in the geometry LODs of the ArmA models.

hi all im cervantes and i works a zombie mod with a farmland team and i have test this zombies addons on arma its a very good begin and i want help you for enhanced a zombies.

after  more tools and more test this pbo has not extractable,

because you directories (you zombies files scripts and config)

has created with cpbo of kegetys a probléme with this tool its

after create a pbo this pbo has not extractable after with others tools.

its possible you add one link with a files not encoded in pbo

but in rar or zip  or make it with make pbo please?

lol yes i make a zombies scripts and other scripts i have make a last version of nbc soldier with gaz mask in inventory and use this for protect a gaz effect search item on map mask for pass a gaz zone  and add a light for a night mission without a nvg just one light  biggrin_o.gif  but its on resitance ofp now i want works on arma smile_o.gif

for a actualise you position to zombies a best has one countgbl target liste script its on my rc5 script for resistance

Yeah, today smile_o.gif

Due to the amount of added code, there are probably still errors, that i have not experienced in my tests.

Feel free to report them here.

CZM V0.6

CZM V0.6

Armaholic mirror: CZM V0.6

Armedassault.info mirror:

DOWNLOAD Zmod (Crappy Zombie Mod) 0.6 [1,6 MB] from FTP#1

There is also a demo mission included that involves the antidote

and gives the player the chance to test the antidote on infected soldiers, i might have made it too difficult though to survive, but it's a challenge hehe.

The changelog:

V 0.6:

- Zombie scripts changed, so that less zombies are just standing around and do nothing. The reason was an ArmA

inherent path planning issue of not being able to handle

frequent domove commands correctly if the distance to be

calculated for the path is too big. This solution creates new

issues, but let's see if it is the better compromise.

- Added Antidote Container to Empty/NEM_objects

which holds 20 syringes of the Antidote

- The infection counter can be changed by the mission maker

by putting (NEM_INFCOUNTER=Number of seconds) in his mission init file

- An Antidote against the zombie virus is added as a magazine

called NEM_Antidote (eg this addmagazine "NEM_Antidote")

- Once a human is infected with the virus a 5 minute counter

is started within which he can be cured by a medic carrying the antidote

The player can cure himself if he carries the antidote by action menu

- Variable NEM_WPENABLED=true to use waypoints for the zombies.

They will not chase humans while in this mode!!!

Switch back to NEM_WPENABLED=false to let them chase humans again.

- Zombies that are listed in an array called NEM_HALTLIST, will not move at all.

Good for indoor scenarios where zombies lure in a house.

They will however start to move and hunt any human that is in that array too.

So if you use NEM_HALTLIST=thisList in a trigger you can achieve that.

- Fixed: Objects (cars/tanks etc.) can't be infected anymore

- Unknown killed humans will resurrect now as default zombies.

Have fun with it!

pistols.gif

So, I registered for the sole purpose of feedbacking this mod. Im loving the sounds of it, just cant get it to work on my PC... im updated to 1.05 and they still wont show up... I just installed the .6 CZM, so Im gonna go check that out now... if this doesnt work... I might need some assistance...

Ill post back in a bit.

in the meantime, thanks a ton, this should be enjoyable once I get it working on my PC!

*edit*

Still nothing... is there anything aside from dropping the file into my addons folder and then finding them in the editor under independent/man? cuz i still have nothing... ive added someones entry team characters and they work.. im wondering why it doesnt work for me... hmm

Hmm, sad to hear that.

Well the patch has brought a lot of problems especially

concerning certain addon combinations.

Did you run into any errors while installing the patch?

What happens if you spawn a zombie by script?

Using :

"NeM_Zombie_1Slow" createunit [position player,group player,"Testzombie = this", 1, "PRIVATE"]

Hmm, sad to hear that.

Well the patch has brought a lot of problems especially

concerning certain addon combinations.

Did you run into any errors while installing the patch?

What happens if you spawn a zombie by script?

Using :

"NeM_Zombie_1Slow" createunit [position player,group player,"Testzombie = this", 1, "PRIVATE"]

It wouldnt work before the 1.05 patch, i think I was at 1.04 when I first bought it...

The patch installed fine, this one dynamic level mod works fine, and so does the Entry Team/DEA/Swat beta mod...

I'll edit back after i've tested spawning it by script...

till then...

*edit*

ummm, how do you do the script? i was thinking like, BF2's "~" and type it in in game... im really wondering why this isnt working, it seems like such a simple thing, you know?

any one else having trouble getting it to work??

Hi charonos nice to see an update, its working fine.

however when the infection timer is up the infected just die and the body disapear and don't get resurrected as a zombie

@OkitaMakoto

Open Notepad, write

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

into a blank page,

save it as "init.sqs" into your mission's folder.

Make sure it's not called "init.sqs.txt" or something.

It will execute automatically and if it works then

some addon must have screwed up your vehicle class display.

Pardon my question, i have no idea what level of a computer user

you are, so it is not meant patronizingly:

You did put the NEM-Zombies.pbo file from the .rar-archive into the

addons folder and not just the archive, right?

Just imagining probable causes for it not to work on your system.

@agamoth

Thanx for reporting,

i have indeed forgotten to feed timed-out infected units into the resurrection routine, will be fixed in a mini update.

Ha! yeah, I did extract it to the addons folder (ive had BF2 mods going for long enough to know that, haha)

screwed up my vehicle class display..hmm... the Entry Team mod added a class (it lists like: air, armor, men, entry team) for BLUFOR (West/US troops) Would that make a difference?

I added that file to my missions folder, so we'll see if that works...

thanks for all the help, ill edit back..again. banghead.gif

*edit*

so, yeah, i put that string into a notepad, saved it without the .txt, made sure it didnt have it, put it in my missions folder, deleted the other character mod (Entry Team) and it still doesnt work...

heres a list of my sides, classes, and units

Sides: BLUFOR, OPFOR, Independent, Civilian, Game Logic, Empty

When i click on Independent, here are its classes available: Men, Air, Armored, Cars, and Ships

When I click on Independent/Man, these are my options...

AA, AT, Crewman, Engineer, Grenadier, MachineGunner, Medic, Officer, Pilot, Rifleman, Royal Commando, Royal Rifleman/gunner(forgot), Royal Marksman, Sniper, Squad Leader, and Team Leader...

step by step: I unzipped the addon .pbo file to my addons folder... now I also have that text string in my missions folder...

They should be showing up in editor...right? nothing showed up in missions either... but im not concerned with that, yet... ughhhhhhhh.

Okay,

you are missing the classes

Nem_Zombies and Nem_ZombiesSlow

in the independent side drop down list.

to test if the addon gets added to ArmA's main config.bin

correctly, you have to make a specific mission in the editor of course.

Call it "ZombieTest", then go to the folder

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

C:\Documents and Settings\YOURPROFILE\My Documents\ArmA\missions\ZombieTest.Sara

and put the init.sqs into that folder.

Then run the mission from the editor.

I expect you to get an error stating that ArmA does not

know the class "Nem_Zombie1_slow". That would indicate

that the addon is not registered correctly by ArmA which

points to a patching error.

Once again, that patch screwed many things in the game up,

but nobody talks about it or has run into errors yet.

so, i found my missions directory is different... it is in my documents/arma/mossions anway, i made the mission, placed it in, and it brought up:

Bad vehicle type NeM_Zombie1_Slow (i also tried it with zombie_1Slow, in case it was a typo, just in case)

anyway, i dont know why it wouldnt be working... the installation, if you can even call it that, is so incredibly simple....ughh... oh well... ill wait it out till the next update maybe... banghead.gif