Sign in to follow this  
raedor

ArmA Addon request thread

hope this is the right thread, but where can I find a de binarized AK-74 and AK-74GP?

hi

how to unbinarized p3d files ?

like to convert sa321g to arma , I test it , but I must change the congig or p3d to work good in arma , it work now but crash arma engine huh.gif

sajz6.jpg

(I have the permission ) wink_o.gif

I'm talking about the BI sample models. They didn't include an AK-74 or AK-74GP, but some people have stock BIS Ak's.

I don't know if it's been suggested or not, but I'd really to see the new USMC Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle. 'course then again, I'd also appreciate a AAV7A1, and/or a LAV Gen II/III.

The US developed an answer to the BMP decades ago, and apart from the Stryker, I'm still waiting to see any of them in ArmA.

Hi Everyone

This is my first post on BI forum so i will try to be quick whistle.gif

From some time im trying to create my own mission for ArmA but it is not the point...

The point is I want to create or find suitable ranking system that will be totaly independent form any mission!

For example.

I wish to create typical ranking system dependent on regular army ranks...

private , srgt..,cpt, col, gen... and so on and so on... as many ranks ass possible

But..

1. i wish to add something elese...

( i have some exeperience from Evolution mission ...and its there 1 enoying thing...

Everyone after some time and promotion can get to any vechicle.. - i wish that could be simply imposible... for example...

- If you chose at start to be "medic" - all time you should be allowed only to drive hummer, medic vechicle.. and every medic could be allowed to mount as gunner only on LtMG... even in Tank...

- If you chose at start to be "enginer" - you could simply drive any vechicle as driver, tank but can not to pilot any thing elese but littlebird

- If you chose at start to be sniper - you could be only sniper , go only ass passenger and cary any thing elese but light weapons.. ( not allowed to use rpg, bazookas etc...)

But..

i wihs to medic have some "in game promotion, to get better equipment , on start only m16 and after some score for example 5000 kills, 2000 points overall could get for example weapon with acog... The good thing is to have separate points and kills

So player with 200000 kils need to have points for destroing or mission goals points to be promoted..

The main thing is to create independent addon that could overrride all missions and be main rangikn system for every mission on the server... something like BF2 ranking system but not soooo complicated..

And it will be great if ths adddon could write to server log some data that everyone after joining on any map could have the last score and rank...

I hope you can understand what im trying to do... if not just ask... banghead.gif

But Question

It is possible? - i saw some part of this in Evolutiom missions...but don't know how it works

Can anyone direct me to the correct source...?

Or to any mod that i could modify, recreate..etc...im totaly new with scripting.. but i dlike to learn it...

So c'mon guys why's there no Taliban addon?

You know you want one - especially now that CAT Afghanistan has been ported from OFP.

All this 'faux' Soviet/Russian stuff in ArmA is just soooooo dated now that we all know the Cold War never went hot.

All this 'faux' Soviet/Russian stuff in ArmA is just soooooo dated now that we all know the Cold War never went hot.

That's ridiculous! The ability to fight battles that never

happened in reality, and to match armies that never fought

each other, is one of the most interesting aspects of

wargaming (being generous to ArmA for a moment by calling

it a "wargame").

Hi i would like to know if someone works on am LAV

The German DINGO(,Dingo)

or the

Swiss EAGLE(EAGLE)

and The

Australian BUSHMASTER (Bushmaster)

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifhelp.giffirefoxlover.gif

That's ridiculous! The ability to fight battles that never

happened in reality, and to match armies that never fought

each other, is one of the most interesting aspects of

wargaming (being generous to ArmA for a moment by calling

it a "wargame").

Well whatever floats your boat pal.

Personally, since I've been playing OFP/ArmA since the OFP demo came out in 2001, I'm starting to find the Soviet/Russian thing a little samey. Maybe that means I have a short attention span or something icon_rolleyes.gif

A bit of variety helps with retaining interest doesn't it?

I have an Idea. it would require securing some permissions though.... Take Sahrani island and add some of the smaller islands that have come out recently to make one HUGE map.

Think of Island hopping for campaigns.

Red islands blue islands and green islands.......

I want a winter island the doesn't ruin my trees.

Yeah I put it in a modfolder but for some reason it didn't work.

So, I want a stand alone .pbo of a winter island.

A new island. With frozen lakes, tall mountains, rocky frozen wastelands, glaciers and iceburgs floating around.

That is what I want.

and you want it too.

If that's too much, how about a brand new island? I have downloaded all of them and I need new areas to get the creative juices flowing.

Recently a new Night Vision Goggles addon was released which took over the HDR so you didn't get darkening when looking at lights etc.

I noticed it basically switch off the auto in-game HDR lighting using goggles and you can set it manually with Pgup/Pgdwn and fix it one level.

Is there a way to reverse this in term of HDR in-game generaly (without goggles) daytime. I tend to find the HDR getting stupidly bright in forests etc when you zoom in making the graphics look unrealistic, then zoom out and look at the floor and it back to looking great.

Could this idea be used to manually fix HDR to your liking much like the nv goggles addon? Or is that a no-no / engine limitation?

I dont want it "off" as such but switchable and manual setting would be great if it could be done.

Searched the mod complete, mod discussions and here but didnt find anything about this. Have anyone thaught of making them?

I thaught first that they maybe would make too much impact on the ArmA battlefield, but then again we have bomb dropping jets and artillery scripts. They could easily be thrown into missions in small numbers. And artillery scripts could be turned off using a small squad of these instead.

I dont have much knowlede on how they are operated such as aquiring targets (GPS?) and i understand it would surelly be a huge task to make such an addon. I just wondered if anyone thaught of it.

USA

M106A6-PIM_howitzer.jpg

OPFOR - RUSSIA

mstas.jpg

Regards

Alex

Hi i would like to know if someone works on am LAV

The German DINGO(,Dingo)

or the

Swiss EAGLE(EAGLE)

and The

Australian BUSHMASTER (Bushmaster)

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifhelp.giffirefoxlover.gif

I got a crappy eagle IV in the works.. but its taking ages to make (got a old vbs mockup of it on my hd)

Personally, since I've been playing OFP/ArmA since the OFP demo came out in 2001, I'm starting to find the Soviet/Russian thing a little samey. Maybe that means I have a short attention span or something icon_rolleyes.gif

A bit of variety helps with retaining interest doesn't it?

But that isn't what you said, and that isn't what I was

replying to. You said it was tedious to play with USA vs

Soviet because the Cold War never went hot. The

emboldened part is what I find ridiculous. If you're just fed

up with them or are not interested in Yanks vs Commies then

that's not so ridiculous. I feel the same way myself actually,

although personally I have come to strongly disapprove of the

way that this silly shoot-em-up game is used to play at real

wars. But, like you say, "whatever floats your boat".

I made some requests on ArmaHolic forum, But I decided to made them again here

1. We hope there should be some Enigneer vehicle such as M9 ACE, D9, M88 Hercules, M1132 ESV, M104 Wolverine ,MT-55 , BREM-1, VT-55

Especially some of them should have ability to disable or destory mines on the ground

2. After we got PanzerFist3 a week before, I got an idea of SMAW for USMC. It would be great to replace AT4 with SMAW

SMAW has three different warhead:HEAA, HEDP, NE. HEAA is anti-tank round can penetreat 600 RMA. HEDP is anti-bunker/personal, and NE is anti-building(use shockwave to knock down buildings)

3.There should be an airplane tractor for airfield...in case of airplane stuck between buildings.

After trying the realistic Artillery addon (NICE ONE) I would like to see a MRLS addon with an scripting system to enable a similar effect of that artillery add-on.

I would appreciate the following modification to the nightvision goggles:

See video:

Currently, when zooming in with the goggles on, the goggles' field of view gets smaller, when in reality the FOV is fixed at ~40°

So, the size of the circle of vision should be constrained to the level of zoom, as in the above video.

This addon would remove the "tunnel vision" effect when running around with NVGs, adding more peripheral vision - and realistically so. thumbs-up.gif

European style street signs? For corners, one way streets, that sort of thing would be neat to see in game, especially if it were customizable.

Hi, i miss an AV8BII+ that haves it's own FLIR so it can aim by itself

it's LG weaponry without the need of ground personel to asist in the

CAS/ATGA that will be pimp for auto aim the LGBU-12's without have

to script an AI soldier to aim to X target and then be flying arround

while it reaches or not the destination to the 2nd Obj/DAO, that could

alot or die in the route to it, so then the Harrier can only count on

the 25mm ADEM cannon. Let's C ya

Well if Wipman mentioned the AV-8B...is someone intended to make a Harrier with some mixed weaponry? For example 2xAIM-9, 2 FFAR pods, and 2xAGM-65... or an A-10 with some more weapons? something like Diesel's A-10 loadout from OFP icon_rolleyes.gif