Sign in to follow this  
frostwyrm333

505s version

Quote[/b] ]New collision detection brought into the 505 release and latest build of the demo means that certain low objects can now be hopped over easily, instead of having to make your way round them which could be annoying. This will be fine-tuned further in the future and added to many more objects.

Thats nice, for the rest its nothing we didnt already knew smile_o.gif

Good stuff ... looking forward to the 505 release.

amazing news,i had no idea this was being implemented smile_o.gif

the walls realy were annoying,little lumps bumps and small rocks will be much better feeling after this,even if this dont mean a 3ft high wall,but only 1ft,its a step forward.

nice smile_o.gif

amazing news,i had no idea this was being implemented smile_o.gif

the walls realy were annoying,little lumps bumps and small rocks will be much better feeling after this,even if this dont mean a 3ft high wall,but only 1ft,its a step forward.

nice smile_o.gif

I wouldn't get too excited. It sounds like they merely added roadway LODs to more objects that allow you to walk/step over some things. There probably won't be any actual climbing or jumping of any sort. It probably won't look too pretty either.

That aimdot sight doesnt really look much better tounge2.gif .

Something cool for some of you a.i. freaks:

Quote[/b] ]

Markus told us of work going into making FSM editing (for changing AI behaviour) easy using a BIS made AI FSM script editor.

“At the moment we are trying to make it user-friendly so you don’t need to know complex code to change how the AI works in ArmA†Markus tells us, going on to say, “we’re working to get it into the community’s hands along with the other editing tools.â€

I really recomend everyone to have a good read at this, it shows they are listening and improving Arma in many ways, taking user feedback into consideration too.

Quote[/b] ]Markus says, “It is unfortunate that the German, Czech and Polish versions were released so earlyâ€.

I think many will agree with this wink_o.gif .

edit:

My bad manners...

http://www.armed-assault-zone.com/news.php?readmore=238

Thank you Armed Assault zone and everyone involved (AAZ, 505, BIS) smile_o.gif .

sounds great.

hope they include a RPK for opfor as M249 is BLUFOR's super weapon at the moment (almost every player in the demo uses it).

actually if they are tweaking things I'd like them to add relevant Dexterity values to all the weapons so heavier guns like the m249 & m240 are a bit slower to move onto target than the m4 etc.

Only thing i hope, that all versions will be same with weapons, vehicles and features. I have czech version and i hope for bugfixing. And that "grasslyaing" sounds very realistc !! xmas_o.gif

motocrosses wow_o.gif yay yay.gif

hope they are capable of climbing a 10 degree hill in terrain which they couldn't in ofp

but why are they so bad looking. looks like a 95 design.

I would like this type of design tounge2.gif

KTM450

not those collors tough but that shape.

Sounds great! Good I waited to buy the german ver and get the playable 505 ver.

Maruk is being very honest while saying the czech and german release were too early

*off to order new hardware* wink_o.gif

The cool thing is I bet that we (ie people with Czech and German copies) will be playing with the new 505 features sooner than people who would buy the actual 505 release - because the patch that will bring us to the 505 will most probably be released the moment the release starts being sold.

The only thing is that we'd have to wait for the language patch to be compatible with the new release and judging by the last patch that could take a few hours nener.gif

Quote[/b] ]Addressing the game’s loading screen when exiting the map, Markus showed us that pressing “Escape†now brings up a mini-map next to the menu options so that you can use the map without the load time.

i don't get this part of that article ... this is already in 1.02 ...

Its in the demo... so is flattening grass... do the full game not have these features?

Climbing over walls and realistic armour values gets a thumbs up from me ! thumbs-up.gif

Its in the demo... so is flattening grass... do the full game not have these features?

I thought i noticed this too, especially the grass flattening. The mini map is noway as good as the main map but atleast it's there. Reading that article has made me feel all warm inside and i'm falling in love with ArmA again, it's good to hear that things are moving along nicely and BIS DO listen to the community despite what some think.

One thing i'm not happy about is the helo handling part. I don't play online so i think it's unfair that if i want to play as a helo pilot in a mission i'll find it difficult to use in a gaming way. What i mean by this is if i play as a pilot i would already be able to handle a helo well as my character would of been trained. This takes away part of the fun elliment of the game and may only appeal to real hardcore fans.

Maybe there should be an option in the difficulty settings for OFP helo handling (cadet) and ArmA helo handling (veteran) but with the option to use the cadet option in veteran mode like some other settings allow.

PS, Has anyone noticed that if your driving a vehicle and then go into the map, the vehicle either stops or slows down even when your still pressing the forward key.

I wonder when we have new patch 1.03...

I'm really anxious to see these new improvements/features. It would be really nice if they have got rid of the annoying flickering textures.

PS, Has anyone noticed that if your driving a vehicle and then go into the map, the vehicle either stops or slows down even when your still pressing the forward key.

Yes sad_o.gif

The minimap is not a solution. I like to be able to see the ENTIRE MAP when I look at the map. The minimap is only useful for CQB...

Also, another thing that bothers me is that the map automatically recenters every time I open it.

Example -- I'm flying a helicopter from the airport to Bagango. I open the map and it's centered on my helicopter. I zoom out and move the map so I'm in the lower left corner and so Bagango is in the upper right corner, that way I can quickly and periodically check my position whilst flying. A minute or so later I want to see how I'm doing, so I open the map and it's once again recentered. banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

One thing i'm not happy about is the helo handling part. I don't play online so i think it's unfair that if i want to play as a helo pilot in a mission i'll find it difficult to use in a gaming way. What i mean by this is if i play as a pilot i would already be able to handle a helo well as my character would of been trained. This takes away part of the fun elliment of the game and may only appeal to real hardcore fans.

Maybe there should be an option in the difficulty settings for OFP helo handling (cadet) and ArmA helo handling (veteran) but with the option to use the cadet option in veteran mode like some other settings allow.

Man it isn't that hard. Do a little practice, you'll get used to it. ArmA is becoming realistic in more than just the infantry area, one step closer to being the ultimate simulation. It doesn't take much to get used to it. In the demo I crashed the blackhawk the first few times I tried it, now I can fly it pretty well.

Recently I started playing Lock-On Modern Air Combat. These things are not as hard as they first seem once you practice a bit. I am actually able to fly the A10 - almost good at it too smile_o.gif .

Practice is all you need.

I don't get it, why the poor OPFOR has new and I'm sure also very expensive Su-34? biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]One notable new feature is different armour values for tanks. Real life weak spots on tanks will be brought into the new armour system. For instance, a shell or rocket into the join between the turret and chassis on a T72 will hit the ammo store causing the tank to burst into flames. On both M1A1 and T72 tanks, the rear of the tank will be more vulnerable among other specific hit zones.

Actual directional armour? Or just partially?

I don't get it, why the poor OPFOR has new and I'm sure also very expensive Su-34?  biggrin_o.gif

Because everyone was complaining about the sides not being "balanced"... whistle.gif Yes who cares about realism, let's have a perfectly balanced game like BF2. icon_rolleyes.gif

I don't get it, why the poor OPFOR has new and I'm sure also very expensive Su-34?  biggrin_o.gif

Because everyone was complaining about the sides not being "balanced"...  whistle.gif  Yes who cares about realism, let's have a perfectly balanced game like BF2.  icon_rolleyes.gif

And yet the game can still be as unbalanced as you desire...