Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2007

Hi all!

FFUR 2007 is really a great mod, and as you are doing a patch i`am reporting some of the problems/glitches that i found during playing.

I have installed FFUR 2007, patch 1.01, FFUR 2007 Extra Pack, FFUR 2007 Extra Pack by SamotH and i am using Kegety's Dxdll.

1.Russian UAZ- when you fire and kill the driver from close range and then continue to shoot at him, some transparent patterns appear (you can see through vehicle). I have ATI 9600 card.

2.Headshots- on every american soldier model except pilots, there is no red texture when you shoot them in the head. The same goes for resistance side, but most of the russian models do have it.

3.HMMWV- no tracers for M2 HMG; there is no flame when HMMWV,UAZ,trucks get hit by tank or AT round. Their wreckages dont show flame but there is black smoke. I can see flames when i hit a tank or APC.

4.Tracers- M249 SAW, M240, PK fire all rounds as tracers, that is not realistic. I heard every third or fifth round is usually a tracer.

BMP 2 fires double tracers with 2A42 HE(the new ones and OFP tracers), BMP 3 2A42 HE fires OFP tracers and 2A42 AP has no tracers. NSV on tripod fires OFP tracers insted of new ones.

5.Shilka-i think the sound when firing should be changed, as the one now IMO sounds bad.

6.For some reason when i mount the Aimpoint the game "freezes" for 1 sec. and then continues normaly, unmount goes

with no problems.

These are all minor things that dont affect gameplay but are sometimes annoying.

Good luck in the future with this excellent mod!

Thanks must to go to FFUR Team for this latest addition. Hope the ArmA community will also benefit from the same kind of tremendous work  notworthy.gif

can someone create a config for FFUR 2007 + SLX, even though most of us love the new version, we

want to use some of the slx effects such as bullet tracers & impact smokes...if anyone is thinking the same

please share.

Since we are getting a patch for this ............. could you please change the order for the action menu to have the reload command above the mount & dismount acog please??

I use my middle mouse button for reload ........... and it sometimes gets me killed because because i accidently un mount the acog instead of reloading (which forces me to get up from a prone position to do so)..... lol.

By the way ........... is it possible to make it so the player doesnt have to get up from a prone position to mount the acog??

Hey Tbird

I've been playing 2007 for a while now. Its great. Love the work man.

Quote[/b] ]For some reason when i mount the Aimpoint the game "freezes" for 1 sec. and then continues normaly, unmount goes with no problems.

I believe this happens when the game replaces the M4 model with the Acog M4 model.

Quote[/b] ]By the way ........... is it possible to make it so the player doesnt have to get up from a prone position to mount the acog??

The animation used to in this action is the crouched reload animation. To have prone mount/dismount you would have to change the animation to a prone one, This would mean that even if you were standing you would go prone to mount/dismount a weapon sight.

I'm looking forward to the new patch Tbird, And I also hope to see you more often in ArmA.

Wow, Mr Burns Island pack is really nice and for some reason INCREASED my FPS by 10  huh.gif

Is it just me or are the ofp.info mirrors extremely slow ?

I had 700 kB/s just right now.

amazing only a few hours ago i was getting 5.6kbs/sec whats your connection is it a dsl , t series or what ?

Good mod so far!  smile_o.gif

What I don't like is:

1. No smoke during launch when you fire a RPG/AT4 etc.

2. AT4 is an one shot weapon no?

3. And some sounds especially for the AK.

4. "UFF" sound when you fire the M4/M16 in burst modus.

Couple of things I have noticed is the fires when something is blown up they burn extremly fast, and never burn out.

Personally this whole mod haveing to be as realistic as possible is ruining the real joy and fun of the game, and thats what it is a game, entertainment. If you want realism go join the army, or the forces.

Make the game fun, make the tracers viewable every time, you shoot, make the guns sound hollywood. Yes a sort of realism is needed for this type of game, and mod to be war simulator, but sometimes the overkill on perfecton or exactness of how something sounds is at a point important and at another point pointless for we have people argueing here sometimes, here, other threads, yadada, and so about whos got the right sounds, or what not. Personally I could care less, just make it sound good, make it sound like it fits, make the gameplay replayable. Multiple weapons, and armoured, planes, choppers ect.,.

This is what I always and still always love about OFP and its mods, the fact that there is a large array of weapons, and vehicles to choose from. In the editor I want to fly this chopper or plane, shoot this gun, be this guy, drive this tank, or vehicle. Sometimes I like sci fi, some times, modern, or maybe just a drive down to the beach.

TB the mod is great I play all the time, I think making it realistically fun is more important than making it realistic. Leave the super ultra reality to the WGL guys. patching things as they arise would be more appropriate than doing another overhaul of the mod no offense or anything, I think that you over do it putting to much work in your own lap instead of just patching things as they arise. I'm sure you love OFP as much as I and all the others but make less work for yourself.

Keep up the good work.

I love the MOD just as much as everyone else with all the new units and upgrades, however I was curious if there would be any way to revert to f/x as it existed in FFUR2006. This as quite a few have voiced their enthusiasm about using most if not all of the SLX MOD effects with that of FFUR. Although it is just a personal opinion I found running FFUR2006 2.5 along with the SLX mod ran fairly smoothly while I'm using a 2.15gig (512mb RAM) platform. Thunderbird, I know you've been busy at work trying to patch the remaining errors, so I wouldn't be so sure to ask you, but perhaps someone who has some time to write a new or different config so that those who wish to run the FFUR mod without the SLX features can enjoy it, and those who wish to utilize all of the SLX MOD features while running FFUR2007 can do so. Thanks

Quote[/b] ]1. No smoke during launch when you fire a RPG/AT4 etc.

Well from what ive seen people complain about the amount of smoke given off in ArmA with teh M136 its unrealistic so wasnt included and probaly to increase fps on low end computers.

Like the previous release i asume ffur has a second config, try hat config it may have more effects.

Quote[/b] ]2. AT4 is an one shot weapon no?

Indeed it is but thats to balance with gameplay, some missions when you need to destroy a T72 would be hopeless if you could only fire 1 AT round.

loving the mod, many thanks.

is it just me, or can anyone else hear someone speaking at the end of an M4 in burst mode (think he says 'test'wink_o.gif. Sounds are good for the American side, but think theres too much echo on the M4 burst (ok in valley it might go on for 5 seconds, but not out in the open... AK sounds are way too muffled.

anyone have a config for adding the lastest, patched, Ffureuro units (my fave ffur mod) ? any help appreciated.

I cant install furr 2007!! i instakl it and then i went to the place we i installed it at

C:\Program files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint

and it said it was unistalled.

And when i download other furr mods or any other mods, it said it could not find it and said to use the internet explore to find it.

i have i goty edition updated to 1.96 and my computer passes the system requirements

It seems actually i did install furr 2007 but i have no way playing it. I went to programs then codemaster then operation flashpoint goty. The rest in code master are demos i have of flashpoint but i havent deleted them yet.

FFUR 2007 doesn't automatically create a shortcut, did you go:

My Computer/program files/ codemasters/operation flashpoint/ FFUR2007(folder)/FFUR2007(icon)?

C:\Program files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\ffur2007.In thir their is an icon of two crossed flags with ffir2007 under it.Best thing for you to do is right click on this icon then select send to next click desktop(create shortcut) now to start ffur just click on the short cut you have just created on your desktop and enjoy the mod

Quote[/b] ]is it possible to use SLX with ffur2007?

A special config is actually under development on the basis of the last SLX version.

Quote[/b] ]Russian UAZ- when you fire and kill the driver from close range and then continue to shoot at him, some transparent patterns appear (you can see through vehicle). I have ATI 9600 card.

Tried it out and got the same issue, it is not due to your graphic card as I have a geforce, but this is probably caused by some cfgcloudlets settings which have to be redefined.

Quote[/b] ]Headshots- on every american soldier model except pilots, there is no red texture when you shoot them in the head. The same goes for resistance side, but most of the russian models do have it.

Well seen, added to the list of incoming changes.

Quote[/b] ]HMMWV- no tracers for M2 HMG; there is no flame when HMMWV,UAZ,trucks get hit by tank or AT round. Their wreckages dont show flame but there is black smoke. I can see flames when i hit a tank or APC.

Indeed, for some reasons the script has been taken out during the beta test phase but I'd get it back.

Quote[/b] ]Tracers- M249 SAW, M240, PK fire all rounds as tracers, that is not realistic. I heard every third or fifth round is usually a tracer.

BMP 2 fires double tracers with 2A42 HE(the new ones and OFP tracers), BMP 3 2A42 HE fires OFP tracers and 2A42 AP has no tracers. NSV on tripod fires OFP tracers insted of new ones.

This is wanted as BIS tracers are directly defined in the config and not generated by extra scripts, unlike FFUR Tanks/APCs mounted machine guns tracers, this has been done in order to slightly gain in performance during huge infantry firefights.

But I envisage to carry out some minor changes to get things done in a rational structure (e.g if the M-2 Browning get specific tracers then that [means] that the russian NSV should use the same tracers (model) in the appropriate color).

Quote[/b] ].Shilka-i think the sound when firing should be changed, as the one now IMO sounds bad.

Concerning the SFX issue, we decided to focuse on the most popular sounds FX created thus far, which is the Dynamic Range pack, several of FFUR sounds would get replaced by DR ones, or at least, those that people complain about.

Quote[/b] ]For some reason when i mount the Aimpoint the game "freezes" for 1 sec. and then continues normaly, unmount goes

with no problems.

This is not due to the script but to the fact that the script generates a command which replaces the previous model by a new one, I think you can live with this "issue" for a little while longer.

Quote[/b] ]could you please change the order for the action menu to have the reload command above the mount & dismount acog please??

Believe me I have already tried to get that done more than once, but there is really no way because of a kind of OFP engine limitation, so changing the order of the useraction actions in the config doesn't affect the action menu, furthermore, BIS haven't defined the "reloading" action in the "class useractions".

Quote[/b] ]is it possible to make it so the player doesnt have to get up from a prone position to mount the acog

Well, as Big-Rooney mentioned in the previous page, the script generates an animation as well as it replaces the model, we can make the soldier go prone when you mount the aimpoint, though, but that might look somehow weird in a safety area, heh.

Quote[/b] ]No smoke during launch when you fire a RPG/AT4 etc.

This is wanted as well, for the same reasons as above (performance issue).

Quote[/b] ] TB the mod is great I play all the time, I think making it realistically fun is more important than making it realistic. Leave the super ultra reality to the WGL guys

The FFUR mod isn't meant to be as realistic as WGL one, but we try to balance between realism and gameplay while slightly focusing on the realism to generally satisfie people's demands for long-time.

smile_o.gif

Regards,

TB

Thank you for helping me i am so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif I am going ti play it now!! to tell you how happy i am i am almost crying in joy!! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

is it possible to add a few things mabe in a patch. like.

SLX - cloudlets when bullets hit the floor

SLX - Flame effects on vehicles

ECP - Tank round whistle and barrel flame effects

ECP - explosions. on vehicles and ground.

apart from that this is a brilliant mod. very well done to the FFUR team. q