Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2007

The more i play this ............. the more i have to agree that i think FFUR 2006 2.5 was much better.

Not sure why so many things were changed and feel it would have been better to just make it MP capable.

I have a weak system and had no probs whatsoever with FPS before and i liked having the choice of hi or low res installs.

Our systems will only get better ......... not worse ....... and since this will be the last version ......... why not give us decent graphics and effects.

One thing ive been wondering about ................. was the ironsights visual quality lowered in this last version??? Not sure if its just me but the 2007 version seems to have a bad moire pattern in them ............ or was there no change and i just am imagining it??

CAGE

Sounds great... Downloaded it 3 days ago and for some reason the .exe was corrupt and the installer stopped at "ffur_hind" (I tried /NCRC). I really want to play it because of the multiplayer compatibilty and the SLX features. Thunderbird84 can you please mirror a .zip file with the files seperated and not installer. I download at 2/kbs and it would really make my life easier. yay.gif

OK! I NEED HELP!!!  help.gif

I'm making a new version of my selection extra pack. It has more building replacements (let's hope there arent any more), a better installer that works for non HWTL and it has the options to install for HWTL, fot Direct3D, or both.

It's going well but... I'm trying to use the Resistance road texture and I cant complete it. I know that 'silnice*.p3d' 8 files replace it, but something is missing. Not all the road gets replaced.

Can anyone helpme plz  banghead.gif

If this is not the right place to discuss this, then PM me or something and sorry to bother.   wink_o.gif

Hi T-Bird, I just wanted to offer my thanks for all of your hard work on the FFUR series, the 2007 mod is looking great! Thanks for keeping one of my favourite ever wargames alive and kicking.

Cheers

HI all, happy new year to all, 1 question is the bullet dispersion higher in ffur than in original ofp or is it smaller, dont change it, leave it the way it is now in ffur 2007 .Good job to all ffur team. THE BEST MOD EVER PLAYED.

xmas_o.gif In the incoming patch do not change alot of things i think its the best one of the ffur series. Would like to see original fixed (1985 winter, desert, woodland). wink_o.gif

p.s.: all the team take some time to rest no hurry in patching things. notworthy.gif

Hi all involved

Do you have DVD size type box art to make the download complete. It would make great gift with a truly personalised FFUR cover

Ron

Oh no, i installed mr burns' islands and now my whole ofp is messed up! Of course i didn't do a backup before... goodnight.gif

does anybody have an idea on how to repair this (besides reinstalling the whole thing)?

A quick thought:

Track down the files being installed by the pack (or ask author what the files are) and move them somewhere out of OFP folder. Use Resistance CD for a source of original files

EDIT

Ok here's what the installer mainly does, (Lord, it eaven offers a choice not to install its files into OFP dir)

when you point it to your OFP directory:

- it ADDS 3 pbos to ofp\res\dta folder, they are:

abel.pbo

eden.pbo

cain.pbo

-it OVERWRITES 3 wrps in ofp\worlds folder, they are:

abel.wrp

eden.wrp

cain.wrp

- it ADDS 2 pbos to ofp\addons folder, they are:

BRG_EN.pbo

brg_n2.pbo

- it adds some readme's also to ofp root directory

Heres what you need to do exactly to go back.

Remove pbo's: abel eden cain from location: ofp\res\dta

There are other pbos there, be carefull what you do, dont delete the others!

Have your OFP CD and find ofp\worlds directory there - copy them to ofp\worlds on hdd and OVERWRITE

Remove

BRG_EN.pbo

brg_n2.pbo

from ofp\addons

There you go.

Quote[/b] ]Is it just me or are the ofp.info mirrors extremely slow ?

I have that problem to. By the way, Very nice mod FFUR team, Thank you very much.

TB, any chance that you could make the AI more aggressive with grenade launchers, and hand grenades? The AI in SLX used it alot, and that made them very fearsome.

Just a though, because I rarely see the AI use grenade launchers and hand grenades in FFUR 2007.

Another thing I noticed is that the Hind does not attack infantry, when set to "search and destroy".

The sound from the tractor can be heard from kilometers away.

Hi,

To enjoy more the last FFUR major release, here is a small patch (1.02) which figures out almost all of the main issues reported in people's feedbacks and which slightly enhances the game-play by featuring several changes and improvements.

+Increased the dispersion values to make combats last longer.

+Replaced several SFX (AK series, PK, M16/M4, Shilka cannon...) by high quality SFX coming from the popular Dynamic Range sound pack.

+Enabled the burning effect for all trucks and cars.

+Included new tracers to Infantry troops Light Machine Guns and the same goes to the NSV and a few other MGs, the tracers are all standarized with the appropriate color and size.

+Fixed : ffur_ru/mt/ffur_ru_gr.p3d(magic)

+Fixed : Blood Fx which was transparent

+Slightly Optimized the materials effects and removed the materials Fx from some infantry troops.

+Replaced the Uaz by RF UAZ and the same goes to the Resistance jeep, which has been replaced by an appropriate model as well. (thanks to theSun)

+A new Extra pack is available, which regroups a great collection of model replacements (Sky, Houses, sea, moon, stars, flames, smoke and much more), this pack is directly inspired from SLX extra pack.

+Included a SLX 1.09/ FFUR 2007 1.02 config, (Read the instructions included in the SLX 1.09 pack to combine correctly both mods and to simultaneously run'em without experiencing any kind of problems). (Special thanks to Solus)

or simply follow this installation guide:

1- Create a backup folder where you would move your \@slx\bin\config.cpp + \@slx\bin\resource.cpp

2- Create a new shortcut (Rather call it -> ffur2007+slx) in the \ffur2007\ folder derived from your "FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.exe" then add -nosplash -mod=ffur2007;@SLX on the end so it looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -mod=ffur2007;@SLX

3- Create a backup folder that you would call "FFUR 2007 Original config" in your \ffur2007\bin\ folder and call it "FFUR 2007 Original config" then move your current \ffur2007\bin\config.bin + \ffur2007\bin\"editable" to this new folder (FFUR 2007 Original config).

4- Extract the "BIN" folder from the SLX 1.09/FFUR 2007 1.02 archive to your \ffur2007\ folder

5- Run the new shortcut (ffur2007+slx) and have fun!

1dx6bo6.jpg2cr5zp4.jpg

FFUR 2007 1.02 Patch

FFUR 2007 1.02 Extra Pack

FFUR 2007 1.02/SLX 1.09 Config

Special thanks to the following people for their help and great support:

-Solus for including his GL3/SLX features to the FFUR 2007 1.02 config.

-TheSun and his team for allowing us to incorporate his amazing UAZ models.

-Llauma, SamotH, Solus for the nice models replacements and animated textures (Sea, Flames, moon, sky... etc).

Have fun!

smile_o.gif

Regards,

TB84

Can these be installed over the existing FFUR 2007 1.01 (patched)/SamotH_FFUR2007_Selection_EXTRA_PACK.rar install?  Or should I start over?  Should both patches be applied or is the 1.02 all inclusive? Is the extra pack also all inclusive with the last one?

Oh yeah....thanks! smile_o.gif Unbelievalble work man!

Quote[/b] ]Can these be installed over the existing FFUR 2007 1.01 (patched)

Indeed.

Quote[/b] ]/SamotH_FFUR2007_Selection_EXTRA_PACK.rar install?

Just make sure you have taken the previous (SamotH) "NewDta" folder out of the "ffur2007" before proceeding to the installation of the new Extra Pack.

regards,

TB84

Quote[/b] ]Please help. What do i need if i want to use the Slx config with ffur2007? Little confused here

1- Create a backup folder where you would move your \@slx\bin\config.cpp + \@slx\bin\resource.cpp

2- Create a new shortcut (Rather call it -> ffur2007+slx) in the \ffur2007\ folder derived from your "FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.exe" then add -nosplash -mod=ffur2007;@SLX on the end so it looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -mod=ffur2007;@SLX

3- Create a backup folder that you would call "FFUR 2007 Original config" in your \ffur2007\bin\ folder that you will call "FFUR 2007 Original config" and move your current \ffur2007\bin\config.bin + \ffur2007\bin\"editable" to this new folder (FFUR 2007 Original config).

4- Extract the "BIN" folder from the SLX 1.09/FFUR 2007 1.02 archive to your \ffur2007\ folder

5- Run the new shortcut (ffur2007+slx) and have fun!

Regards,

TB84

Thx tb will try that and what about the extra pack? I did installed it and things went well but i don't see any difference at all for the texture or anything else huh.gif

Thanx TB ........... now the big question .......... is this new patch along with the FFUR/SLX config and the Extra pack going to be multiplayer compatible?huh.gif

And where are those dang FFUR 2007 Servers??? banghead.gif

Im to old to play with myself wink_o.gif

Now to see if my brain can handle those install procedures help.gif

Quote[/b] ]and what about the extra pack? I did installed it and things went well but i don't see any difference at all for the texture or anything else

Have you launched "Install_win2k_Xp.bat" when you extracted the files from the archive as stated in "How do I install the extra files.txt"?

Quote[/b] ] is this new patch along with the FFUR/SLX config and the Extra pack going to be multiplayer compatible?

If I was you, I would rather avoid using the FFUR/SLX combo on-line because of some probable technical incompatibilities.

Quote[/b] ]And where are those dang FFUR 2007 Servers?

As far as I know, there are a few servers here and there and we hope that more people would get interested in FFUR, especially in terms of Multiplayer.

regards,

TB

Quote[/b] ] is this new patch along with the FFUR/SLX config and the Extra pack going to be multiplayer compatible?

If I was you, I would rather avoid using the FFUR/SLX combo on-line because of some probable technical incompatibilities.

Quote[/b] ]And where are those dang FFUR 2007 Servers?

As far as I know, there are a few servers here and there and we hope that more people would get interested in FFUR, especially in terms of Multiplayer.

regards,

TB

I thought the whole point of the 2007 update was to make FFUR multiplayer compatible along with some tweaks??

This isnt a dig and i understand why you added the SLX stuff ........... becasuse alot were asking for it.

I just feel it would be better to keep the FFUR mod simple so we can play it online ............ and then if others want the extra stuff to play offline ............ they can. But your update is pretty confusing and now you say it might not be compatible online. Once again .... not a complaint ........... just worried this isnt helping get servers to run FFUR 2007.

And i have yet found any FFUR servers online ............. In fact .... most servers i play on state that if you log in with FFUR you will be booted.

Also im assuming your install instructions take for granted that we already have SLX installed because i dont have it and dont see the files your telling us to back up. So i cant even do step 1.

I guess if i just overite my files with the 1.02 patch & add the EXTRA PACK i will be good to go??? And not worry about the SLX config??

Quote[/b] ]I thought the whole point of the 2007 update was to make FFUR multiplayer compatible along with some tweaks??

-FFUR 2007 1.02 (Includes SLX particles and some stable FX) = works very well on-line, tested and confirmed (as stated in the news posts).

-FFUR 2007 1.02 + SLX 1.09 (Includes all of SLX features) = Hasen't been tested on-line yet because SLX 1.09 has been released just a few hours ago.

Quote[/b] ]I just feel it would be better to keep the FFUR mod simple so we can play it online ............ and then if others want the extra stuff to play offline ............ they can. But your update is pretty confusing and now you say it might not be compatible online.

It is simply a matter of taste, not that hard to understand:

-If you prefer to run FFUR 2007 as standalone mod on-line then do it because as mentioned above, it works quite well on dedicated servers, exactly as wanted.

-If you prefer to run FFUR 2007 with SLX on-line then I can't guarantee how well this combination would work.

I repeat again, SLX is NOT necessary to run properly the FFUR 2007 1.02, it is optional for people who want to use it.

However, if you wish to use SLX+FFUR then download the appropriate config linked in the previous page and follow the installations instructions.

Regards,

TB84

Thanks a lot for the patch Tbird. I think that the RPK sounds were overlooked in the patch. Correct me if I'm wrong

I just installed the patch and the EXTRA PACK files ........... and im getting the white blocks all over the place where bushes are supposed to be again.

Something still wrong in the EXTRA PACK i guess?