Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2007

I really like what i see, but as others mentioned the AI is too accurate. The mission Battlefields is nearly unplayable because as soon as you enter the line of fire of the enemy you get sniped by a guy with an AK at 300m...if you could correct that it would be awesome.

The problem I have is that I can just barely make out the enemy soldiers in the 300-400 (they are really small even with zoom button held down) and if they're lying down, it is nearly impossible to hit them. I have a lot of trouble using the weapons with iron sights because I can barely see the enemy, yet they have extremely good accuracy at these ranges. I'm not sure how you go about changing these things, but it wouldn't be bad to have the AI be able to see out to 400, but not engage until within 300m range, or if shot at.

Victor and his comrade's heads are messed up help.gif what do i do

and i want some of the extra packs like mr. burns but the links don't work?huh.gif?   banghead.gif

Quote[/b] ]The problem I have is that I can just barely make out the enemy soldiers in the 300-400 (they are really small even with zoom button held down) and if they're lying down, it is nearly impossible to hit them. I have a lot of trouble using the weapons with iron sights because I can barely see the enemy, yet they have extremely good accuracy at these ranges. I'm not sure how you go about changing these things, but it wouldn't be bad to have the AI be able to see out to 400, but not engage until within 300m range, or if shot at.

The only real way to change this is to go into the config.cpp file of the mod, and make all the weapons a little more inaccurate by modifying the dispersion values. It takes some time to do that as you have to test them all once you put them in to make sure their not F****D. And, alot of people already addressed this, so be patient.

BTW, Vanilla OFP is pretty much the same way, since all the weapons have perfect accuracy.

Only satan knows what went wrong with the AEC DL, the file is still on the server but can only be downloaded via ftp crazy_o.gif

Upped it to another corner on the ftp .. Clicky

Hey Mr. Burns I tried you new link twice and when I try and install I get a error informing me that the file is corrupted??

"It never installed a desktop icon to me, maybe its from an old version. Go to flashpoint installation directory, then to 'ffur2007' folder & run the '.exe' file. (that's what I do)."

-Thanks dude that worked perfectly tounge2.gif

awsome mod BTW notworthy.gif

Hey Mr. Burns I tried you new link twice and when I try and install I get a error informing me that the file is corrupted??

It´s indeed wrecked .. banghead.gif

Going to see if that other one from ftp works, otherwise i´d have to search on cd´s.

edit: fixed file is up, get it from the link on page7

Hey SamotH, I tried your little exta pack and its good. However not all CWC buildings are replaced not sure if thats intentional or not?

But everything in it is very nice. Good job.

Glad you liked it!!! The intention was to replace all the houses, but it seems I couldnt find them all. If you or somebody could improve it that would be great. In the end what matters the most is to have the best pack and easing thunderbird's work a little  biggrin_o.gif

----------------

If you people whant I could upload my selection of cwc islands replacement but it's 179 mb

it uses naturepacks european for malden along with 1024 textures & nordic and pack2 for the other two islands with the new textures from WGL (I think)

Let me know if anyone whant's it

Pretty nice files selection SamotH, I think we would use it as the main and official extra pack if you don't mind and with your permission I'd post the link of your archive .rar in the first page. ;-)

Quote[/b] ]Upped it to another corner on the ftp .. Clicky

Thanks a lot for the new link, first post updated.

Btw, no worries about the dispersion values, they would get slightly changed as already mentioned, making sure they would be quite balanced.

Regards,

Thunderbird

yyyeeeeeeessss!!!! cool!!! that's great thunderbird!!!

check my post above.

It's ok! put it wherever you whant, rename it, whatever, no need to ask me, feel free smile_o.gif

So Mr. Burns islands are back & working, so I wont upload mine since it's almost the same.

Whats going on? My ffur mod is complaining about missing scripts, paa files, so I cant launch the editor or properly play the game. My ofp ver. is 1.96. Did something went wrong with installation or what ?

clipboard01jf2.jpg

I agree with General Giap,

The AK sounds are off.  M-16/M4 sounds are outstanding but the AK sounds are below par.  Ak-74 fires a 5.45 round, so it should be close "sounding" but not sound like the 5.56 round.

GD Mast

Yeah, the AK-74 sounds really... Odd... Like some overpowered blast or something. Never fired a gun or anything so I dunno what it SHOULD sound like. But this sound is just... confused_o.gif

Overall I totally like it though inlove.gif

Great job on it so beer on me xmas_o.gif

@Sudayev:

Think something went wrong with downloading/installing so I suggest you redownload/reinstall it and try again. wink_o.gif

Goodnight lads goodnight.gif

Sudayev, make sure you are running FFUR with a clean version of OFP 1.96, better run it without any extra addon, otherwise you would sometimes experience such kind of errors, in your case, the message you're getting is certainly due to the fact that you have somewhere the Ninja addon in one of your Addons folder (Addons/ or Res/Addons).

Anyways, the patch is on the way, it fixes almost all of the minor issues found in the last release as well as it replaces some SFXs by better ones (The same goes to the AK series).

Quote[/b] ]yyyeeeeeeessss!!!! cool!!! that's great thunderbird!!!

The biggest thanks go to you, for taking the time to carry out such a nice textures and 3Ds selection, and for saving us some time as 456820 stated in the previous page, heh.

Quote[/b] ]Edit: Here is the mirror :

Thank you once again, the first post has been updated.

Thanks all for the continuing support!

Regards,

TB

is foreseen the darkened  sky when there is an hard combat?    

p.s.

I'd remove the BIG black smocke when the houses are destroyed becouse it is too much old

however  tankyou for the grandiose release   notworthy.gif  

Hi guys!! Great work TB!! FFUR 2007 is amazing!! but i have a question...is it possible to use SLX with ffur2007?...it gives more realism to the already good gameplay of ffur2007....