Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2007

I can't seem to find my HYK soldiers in the editor using the new ffur2007. Does anybody else have this problem? Is it a bug? I have installed them in the addons folder in ffur2007, yes...

2007 is a very highly polished mod with great unit, sounds and effects, probably unmatched. I was however hoping for more SLX effects such as it's excellent wound system, bullet-impact clouds, hand/hand and powerslides. I can understand why FFUR left out the dynamic GL3 Ai as that seems to be the culprit in breaking mission.

The firefights are too quick with my men routinely being engaged @500m and generally killed in one or couple shots with very little wounding.I just re-started the Operation Urup campaign but it's unplayable because in the first mission when all squads are coming in on boats the enemy AI takes out over half of them before shore which automatically forces your sides to surrender.

Good job on this but ive got a question is the mi-28 bug along with the comanches etc... fixed in this version ?

Also why does the picture on page 1 say a modification for operation flashpoint cold war crisis isnt it for resistance ?

smile_o.gif

FFUR is Great MOD!

but I have one question about explosive fire

there is a no light...

I wanna some light with explosive and fire

just like ...ah... SLX mod or ECP mod

How do I make it?

(so sorry,, my english is so stupid)

Froggy Luv, more SLX scripts means more CPU processing and therefore reduced frame rates. I personally would not want more scripts if it meant worse framerates. Mission makers like myself like HUGE battles with tons of units conducting different operations much like a real operation where you have support units, and flank operations in addition to air and armor support. That means lots of CPU power. Multiply that by a ton of more scripts and such missions become impossible to make on average computers.

I do agree however that while I didn't have problems with "AK47 snipers", indeed the engagement ranges were a bit too far as the AI seem to have super long range detection sensitivity of enemy units. So perhaps that and the bullet dispersion settings on some of the weapons could be modified a bit if Thunderbird wants to.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Great Work Tbird.

Love the new enhancements very cool. Gonna test it fully tonight before the new year comes in.

Thanks again Tbird

Froggy Luv, more SLX scripts means more CPU processing and therefore reduced frame rates.  I personally would not want more scripts if it meant worse framerates.  Mission makers like myself like HUGE battles with tons of units conducting different operations much like a real operation where you have support units, and flank operations in addition to air and armor support.  That means lots of CPU power.  Multiply that by a ton of more scripts and such missions become impossible to make on average computers.  

I do agree however that while I didn't have problems with "AK47 snipers", indeed the engagement ranges were a bit too far as the AI seem to have super long range detection sensitivity of enemy units.  So perhaps that and the bullet dispersion settings on some of the weapons could be modified a bit if Thunderbird wants to.    

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I understand your point on large battles but generally speaking I didn't notice much FPS difference when running ffur 2.5/SLX, they usually hovered around 15 on campaign- sized missions. Without SLX-18. My system is definately showing it's age with any of the FFUR 's with 2007 running at 15-20.

specs:1.8 ghz sempron oc'ed to 2

geforce 6800 gs oc'ed

1 gig ram

I think for those of us that really dig SLX it's hard to play without yet it's equally hard to turn your back on this beautiful mod.

Maybe an SLX heavy/light config biggrin_o.gif

Hey, can I still play FFUR 2007 without patch 1.96??

I´m having trouble installing the 1.96 patch...

No, you need 1.96 for FFUR 2007... And pretty much everything else. Try re downloading the patch again and running it, or delete it and restart the computer and download and run it again.

or if you bought GOTY its on the CD.

First, I wish you a happy New Year and wish to thank you for the continued support.

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]please provide SLX grass in light version of FFUR 2007

Truthfully, I think it would be better to avoid implementing it, not that I have something against this feature but the lack of time wouldn't be helfpul to make sure that everything would work as wanted.

Quote[/b] ]looks a bit too samey

Unlike the previous packs, this new version actually works so far good (MP & SP), it takes people's suggestions and tries to respond to almost all of them, with no offense, if you're unable to try something new before posting a constructive comment then, at least, get the kindness to refrain from replying.

Quote[/b] ]I'm sorry Thunderbird that I never had the time to thoroughly participate in beta testing in your past packs and now I wish I did as there are a few realism areas that could be improved upon.

Thank you for your feedback and advices, that's greatly appreciated, especially coming from a former US military.

Quote[/b] ]Weapon layout of infantry is off. For US Army soldiers, almost always a unit will all use the same type of rifle. The M16A4 is from what I've seen, rarely used by US Army soldiers. Almost universally, the standard weapon has been the M4A1 rifle

That's kind of confusing, maybe due to the current transition between the old and the new US army gear, (BDU/M16A2 -> ACU/M16A4 - M4), so the gear is somehow different in every division, this issue has been debated more than once in the previous FFUR thread, though, and after discussing with Olemissrebel (Active US military), we concluded that the M16A4 would replace the M16A2 and the M4 would be used instead of the XM.

Quote[/b] ]I especially LOVE the tracer fire on the heavy machine guns. Where is that from?

A slightly enhanced version of Invasion 44 tracers, which are imho, the best tracers scripts carried out thus far, not only because of their authenticity but the way they have been done is very stable and doesn't cause any problem on-line.

Quote[/b] ]Thank you for you and your team's hard work and to all the awesome addon makers and other mod teams that made this replacement pack possible.

You are the welcome, thanks for the kind words.

Quote[/b] ]I can't seem to find my HYK soldiers in the editor using the new ffur2007. Does anybody else have this problem? Is it a bug? I have installed them in the addons folder in ffur2007, yes...

Make sure you have installed one of the configs available in the main Hyk folder, (JAM, LSR..), it works very fine here as you may see here.

Quote[/b] ]I was however hoping for more SLX effects such as it's excellent wound system, bullet-impact clouds, hand/hand and powerslides

If time would allow us to carry out the uncondensed version of SLX then we would go on implementing further features.

Quote[/b] ] The firefights are too quick with my men routinely being engaged @500m and generally killed in one or couple shots with very little wounding

The dispersion values would be slightly modified to make firefights last longer.

Quote[/b] ]is the mi-28 bug along with the comanches etc... fixed in this version ?

I'm afraid there is no way to run both of these "extra" addons in the way you wish, but as said more than once previously, just keep playing with'em with the Vanilla OFP.

Quote[/b] ]but I have one question about explosive fire

there is a no light...

I wanna some light with explosive and fire

just like ...ah... SLX mod or ECP mod

This light effect which is usually produced by heavy cannons at the firing sequence would probably get introduced, but as stated above, every feature might require more time, which might consequently delay the release of the upcoming patch, though.

Regards,

Thunderbird

Congrads with your latest release, and happy new year to you as well. I installed OFP again last night, and after five minutes in the editor, after having played armed assault since the czech release, it's a lost cause! I hope to see you all in Armed Assault in the future. Thanks for keeping OFP alive as long as you did.

I found one prob. the naked lady on the side of the A-10 Warthog. Zummies cant have Naked Ladys on them because most squadrons have female pilots in them. hell the first Sgt was telling us about the time in Iraq where a Marine in the background of a news report was seen with a playboy in his back pocket. it was not good for that soon to be PFC. rofl.gif. i say put it on something resistance side (may be an Mi-2?).

Hey thunderbird & everyone!!! I've made an extra pack by selecting cool textures from all the current packs, also, it contains the houses from resistance replacing the cwc ones.

Do you whant me to upload it somewhere so you can all try it??

It's only 12 mb.

Well, that's the reason to buy ofp again! My copy is wasted, and since ArmA isn't modded yet... huh.gif

thank you guys! notworthy.gif

hey, could someone please help me? I downloaded FFUR 2007 and installed it over FFUR 2.5, which worked fine, but when its down installing and all, i click the "FFUR 2007" desktop icon, and the black box saying launching FFUR comes up, then goes away, and nothing happens, unlike 2.5 which then opens OFPR and starts up the mod, but now it does nothing. I clicked it again after a few minutes and it just comes up really quick and then goes away and nothing happens. I've done this with and without the 1.1 patch and its still the same, any help would be apprieated as I love this mod smile_o.gif

SimraN:

It never installed a desktop icon to me, maybe its from an old version. Go to flashpoint installation directory, then to 'ffur2007' folder & run the '.exe' file. (that's what I do).

Everyone:

Here is the link to the extra pack that contains a selection from various sky packs. Basically it's what Thunderbird gave but in small size and some changes that are listed in the readme along with credits to the authors. No credit for me!!

LINK:

http://rapidshare.com/files....ar.html

try it now before it gets erased. (45 days I think) xmas_o.gif

Quick question - is FFUR mod compatible with either FDF or CSLA ? and if so - what command line needs to be entered ?

-mod @FDF, @CSLA etc ?

Cheers, help.gif

Think it doesn't since it replaces standard units just like CSLA does, I think.

For the other make it like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nomap -nosplash -mod=@SF;@LLW;@UKF;Addons;etc. a bunch of other folders

I really like what i see, but as others mentioned the AI is too accurate. The mission Battlefields is nearly unplayable because as soon as you enter the line of fire of the enemy you get sniped by a guy with an AK at 300m...if you could correct that it would be awesome.

300m isn't that far in OFP.

I get sniped at about 900m by a pistol weilding maniac crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]LINK:http://rapidshare.com/files....ar.html

Any chance of a non rapidshare mirror? Never been able to download off rapidshare and i want to test out your pack cuase it sounds good.

SamotH's selection - Extra Pack

File Front link:

http://files.filefront.com//;6455408;;/

One thing I forgot to add to the readme:

To install this extract everything (except 'OPTIONAL' folder) inside 'ffur2007' folder & run 'install.bat'

-------

I didn't put the rain texture that I refered in the readme so here it is:

http://files.filefront.com//;6456468;;/

Just replace it, whit this one you DO know when it's raining