Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

Guest RKSL-Rock
I've just been watching your Hind vid on YT, Rock. Again, another superlative piece of work from you and Eric.

One question; the 'sideslipping' (if that's what it's called), when the aircraft flies in a direction perpendicular to it's heading.. your one seemed to get up quite a speed in the sideways direction. Does the real 24 have the ability to go that fast sideways?

To be honest i doubt it, but there is only so much i can do with the flight model without resorting to scripting limits in.

If you are good enough with the rudder you can do the same with pretty much any ArmA Helicopter. I use a Cougar Hotas with CH Pro Pedals so its pretty easy to do this kind of thing.

Just seen your Tornado. Lovely. Your FCSS and RWR. Brilliant!

If you could release one thing tomorrow, (not suggesting you could!wink_o.gif, what would it be? What's your fave?

apart from a little fiddling with your fingers, you can also do this kind of flying with a decent pad and appropriate axis mapping. nonetheless i miss my old tm pedals though.

imo it would really rock to use a pad together with pedals... wink_o.gif

Could we maybe see some progress of the C-130 addons?

We seriously need a big and good quality cargo plane wink_o.gif

Friend of mine had mentioned once that in OFP you guys were working on Sa-2 air defence system. Is it true? Any chance of seeing it in Arma?

Guest RKSL-Rock
If you could release one thing tomorrow, (not suggesting you could!wink_o.gif, what would it be? What's your fave?

If I could release something… well I could release a lot of things today to satisfy the whiners.   Which would work for all of about 5 minutes but you lot would crucify me for releasing unfinished addons.

But I have a soft spot for the Hawks.  They are perhaps the most fun to fly.  Not the worlds most practical ArmA aircraft but they do make CAS support missions all the more interesting because they so lightly armed.

And then there are the Harriers…Getting to the point where you can safely land them on the carriers is fun, they are fast and reasonably well armed with 1000lb GP bombs…  which is nice.  Nothign more satisfying that vaporising anythign withing a 90m area.

Could we maybe see some progress of the C-130 addons?

We seriously need a big and good quality cargo plane wink_o.gif

The C-130 isn’t going to get released until we have the cargo system working.  There is really no point releasing the plane until it can do something other than provide eye candy for the combat photography thread.

Friend of mine had mentioned once that in OFP you guys were working on Sa-2 air defence system. Is it true? Any chance of seeing it in Arma?

Yes its true.  Better than good odds.  But as with the C-130 until its supporting script system (FCSS) is done there are better things to concentrate on.

The C-130 isn’t going to get released until we have the cargo system working. There is really no point releasing the plane until it can do something other than provide eye candy for the combat photography thread.

I've worked up a quick cargo system based on Kronzky's airdrop script which would work perfectly fine with an "eye candy only" version of the C-130, I just can't find anything like that! smile_o.gif

So at least from my point of view a non-cargo-system version of the C-130 would be a great asset even as-is. Just something that looks like a cargo plane you can eject from would be met with a lot of support from the community I think. It wouldn't be as amazing as your cargo system version, but I would be greatly appreciated I bet. smile_o.gif

The C130 would be fun to jump out of too... tounge2.gif

But yeah, sounds great! The Hawk will make a great trainer, keep it up.

The C-130 isn’t going to get released until we have the cargo system working. There is really no point releasing the plane until it can do something other than provide eye candy for the combat photography thread.

Same goes with the A400M? Is it going to share a lot of things with the C130? (Cargo System, Flight model)

Guest RKSL-Rock

Same goes with the A400M? Is it going to share a lot of things with the C130? (Cargo System, Flight model)

The A400M flight model has changed a lot since the video was shown. It’s now a bit more realistic. It’s now on the edge of what the AI can handle.

As for features, yes it’s going to be almost identical to the C-130.

Well the cargo system will soon be ready for beta testing.

RKSL-CargoSysBeta.jpg

Dance Banana, Dance!!!1!1

yay.gif

(Looking forward to this one!)

smile_o.gif

I don't see any desert cammo vehicles.. (cause they are the original ones)

I don't remember but will this feature work on any vehicle (similar addon with diff skin)? or only on those specific ones?

I definitely have a soft spot for the Merlin.  I was recently checking out your website and looking at the pics and videos of the Merlin.  Any news on the Merlin?

Gd Mast

the hmw's aren't featured on the pic? are they not compatible with the cargo system? Anyways can't wait to test the cargo system. inlove.gif i fell in love with this since i first heard of it!

Hope it wont be to difficult to implement into missions.

nice addon , looking forward to it !!

@Commando84:

lol , hmmv biggrin_o.gif u wanna place the crate across the backseats biggrin_o.gif

there is no room for such big things. and the trunk is to small.

Quote[/b] ]I don't see any desert cammo vehicles.. (cause they are the original ones)

I don't remember but will this feature work on any vehicle (similar addon with diff skin)? or only on those specific ones?

Yeah, it's pretty easy to get it to work with anything that shares the same cargo proxy layout, of any vehicle that's already defined. So reskins will just be a case of adding a single command to the init field (or config) or init.sqf.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[This,"BIS_TRUCK5T"] Call RKSL_RegTransport

Quote[/b] ]the hmw's aren't featured on the pic? are they not compatible with the cargo system?

As themaster303 said, there isn't much room for visible cargo. I should also point out that, without the new VBS2 commands, each cargo object has to take up at least one passenger position. So unfortunately, for the likes of the Hilux and Datsun, once you have something loaded in the back, you can't have anyone sat in the from passenger seat.

But now BI have released their p3d's, you can always create your own version of the hmw, with extra cargo positions and an animated boot e.t.c

You can also setup the vehicles to carry non-visible cargo, so you’re not limited by the number of cargo proxies, although that will probably be implemented after the first release of the public beta. I want to make sure the hard stuff works in peoples MP missions, before adding the bells and whistles.

Quote[/b] ]Hope it wont be to difficult to implement into missions.

For players, it's just a case of dropping the vehicles and cargo into the editor. Getting the AI to use it will require a bit more work from the mission editor. But I will try and include as many commands to help out as I can. I'm not a mission maker, so I'm always open to suggestions on how to make it easier.

I hope to include an example mission that sets up an AI supply chain. Airlifting cargo from an off map location, then distributing it around the island using a variety of vehicles. There is a lot that can be added, like automated warehouses and supply depots e.t.c but one step at a time.

Cheers

Sounds great, this has been one of the main RKSL systems ive been waiting for, keep up the great work, im sure everyone is willing to wait for Good Addons and Systems such as this.

Reporting For DUTY inlove.gif

And i can promis it would be tested ALOT...

In any way possible...

Runing Specs:

AMD Phenom 9500 QUADCORE

3Gb Ram

2x500Gb HDD S.M.A.R.T

1x320 GB External

Nvidia GF 8800GT 512 Mb 174.16, DX10

HP 19" Flatscreen

Norton InternetSec 2007

ArmA 1.12B

Any more SytemInfo you need, just ask...

you know, team SLX and ACE are working on wounded evac missions. it would be great if this module are also utilized by those modules.

The Cargo scripts are easy to use by anyone in missions as told by unn.

I would delete the image quote before a mod shows up wink_o.gif

Well the cats kind of out of the bag with regard to my initial work on a C130. I believe your C130 looks really promising...

Did you guys have your cockpit and interiors sorted for the C130? I think I've developed some good skill making all the dials work properlly, if you need any help or want to take a gander at my source files, just let me know. Might be something of use. I had a rudimentary cargo system along with some airdrop scripts that worked pretty well.

Feel free to PM if I can be of any help, and can't wait to see what you guys release!

I think I saw a video of one of gnats boats carrying an uh-60. first he flew with the uh60 and then landed, then moved to drivers place in boat and drove away.. I ´think he used scripts too, but I dont know what scripts, you should ask him about that smile_o.gif

Yep, the Seafighter helicopter locking script was the same as my active cargo script (which came about from uber help from UNN anyway biggrin_o.gif )

Its a looping script (darn shame it has to loop) that locks an item to 3D coordinates vs the parent object.

Back on subject .... great news on the cargo system UNN notworthy.gif