Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

Guest RKSL-Rock
Did you guys have your cockpit and interiors sorted for the C130?  I think I've developed some good skill making all the dials work properlly, if you need any help or want to take a gander at my source files, just let me know.

Its ok thanks.  I'm already ahead of the curve on that. HUD and MFDs on the C-130J series are all done and the K's analog cockpits are all done.

Reporting For DUTY  inlove.gif

Thanks for the offer but we have a large Beta Test team already.

Well the cargo system will soon be ready for beta testing.

you know, team SLX and ACE are working on wounded evac missions. it would be great if this module are also utilized by those modules.

UNN and I are already working closely with the ACE team as advisors.

Quote[/b] ]you know, team SLX and ACE are working on wounded evac missions. it would be great if this module are also utilized by those modules.

I've worked with CSJ on Med Evac for OFP. Treating stretchers e.t.c as vehicles, wounded infantry can occupy is pretty straightforward. If the stuff we are working on fits into their plans, as Rock says, we will try our best to implement it.

Ultimately this will lay the groundwork for more specific RKSL projects, but a wider acceptance is very much the goal of our team.

@Fk Andersson

Cheers. the public beta, should (fingers crossed) follow shortly after. We will let you know before that happens.

We work closely with Rock and UNN, ACE is looking at integrating the cargo system that RSKL has developed it just a matter of how and when. As you can imagine it's not a simple system that we can just plug into.

Daaaaaang, well maby next time  sad_o.gif

rofl.gif

EDIT: This is sooooooo xiting. Almost holding

my breath here...Jumping up and down in my

chair, like days before christmas. Oh btw im

38 y old rofl.gif

Daaaaaang, well maby next time  sad_o.gif

rofl.gif

EDIT: This is sooooooo xiting. Almost holding

my breath here...Jumping up and down in my

chair, like days before christmas. Oh btw im

38 y old  rofl.gif

That just screams "You need to get out more"

Anyways yeah this cargo system looks awesome. Good Job!

Just a quick note, i was reading a thread about the USEC C-130 and was wandering if your Cargo system will work with you C-130 if and when you release it Or if you dont know?

Just a quick note, i was reading a thread about the USEC C-130 and was wandering if your Cargo system will work with you C-130 if and when you release it Or if you dont know?

We release it when its done as told in several pages before wink_o.gif , At this moment the C130 is not a high priority project so there is little progress.

I understand that but i was asking if it will be compatiable with the cargo system, will you be abel to load ammo crates and such into it?

Page 64, reply #11 - Rock pretty much answered that query already. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The C-130 isn’t going to get released until we have the cargo system working. There is really no point releasing the plane until it can do something other than provide eye candy for the combat photography thread.

As per usual gents, impressive work. Highly looking forward to the cargo system in particular.

well i couldnt really see an answer there, if i thought i could i wouldnt have asked i see that he says it wont be released until the cargo system is done but that dosnt answer my question, i dont mean to cause offence or irritation im just intrested, i respect your work and realise that you dont have to do these forums but i would like to know more about this and the possible uses of it when it comes in-game.

Best regards

Cas.

Guest RKSL-Rock
well i couldnt really see an answer there, if i thought i could i wouldnt have asked i see that he says it wont be released until the cargo system is done but that dosnt answer my question, i dont mean to cause offence or irritation im just intrested, i respect your work and realise that you dont have to do these forums but i would like to know more about this and the possible uses of it when it comes in-game.

Best regards

Cas.

Cas  I think your question has been misinterpreted

…and was wandering if your Cargo system will work with you C-130 if and when you release it Or if you dont know?

Yes the cargo system will work with the C-130.  The plan is for the RKSL C-130 to have a slightly tailored version that will allow you to configure the load carrying capability and restrict what can be carried.  You will be able to load vehicles and equipment onto pallets which you will be able to drop in a variety of ways.

- Para drops

- Retarded Low Level drops

- Conventional loads.

The full details are still in flux atm as UNN is still developing the final version.  

Quote[/b] ]The full details are still in flux atm as UNN is still developing the final version.

Well the only real issue, is still the problem we highlighted, some time ago in this thread. Whether to allow vehicles to be loaded, by driving them into the back.

The way the ARMA engine prioritises the drawing of the Cargo LOD, verses the rest of the world, causes some wierd looking graphics. The simplest solution, is to not allow anything to walk or drive into the back of the C130.

The simplest solution, is to not allow anything to walk or drive into the back of the C130.

Sounds like a easy enough compromise considering the benefits of the systems biggrin_o.gif

I would still make it so you can enter, like have an animated ramp but make it so that people know its for eyecandy purpose only, or for ending missions (like make it an objective to make it into the cargo bay then the trigger ends it and cuts to the outro where the plane takes off)

Guest RKSL-Rock
I would still make it so you can enter, like have an animated ramp but make it so that people know its for eyecandy purpose only, or for ending missions (like make it an objective to make it into the cargo bay then the trigger ends it and cuts to the outro where the plane takes off)

You've missed the point.    This issue is drawing bugs once the cargo is loaded.  IE if you are stood in the back when the cargo is loaded parts of the interior will vanish.

As for making it enterable.  We already have.  But future versions may not be.

Gnat @ May 21 2008,05:57)]
The simplest solution, is to not allow anything to walk or drive into the back of the C130.

Sounds like a easy enough compromise considering the benefits of the systems biggrin_o.gif

I agree with gnat. Although it would fantastic to have the ability to drive/walk in, the scope of the cargo system and a c130 in game more than makes up for a lack of driving/walking in. You will not hear a peep out of me if it isn't possible to enter the back.

I will cry like a baby. I have soo been looking forward to THIS

EXACT feature, if its not ther i dont know what to do....

NOT

Thanks RockofSL Thats sounds great, keep up the great work guys im sure we all appriciate it and im waiting eagerly to get these high quality models and systems.

Regards

Cas.

Quote[/b] ]Sounds like a easy enough compromise considering the benefits of the systems

It's a pain in the arse, but not a total one. It might only effect enclosed spaces. I think some addons won't have a problem? At worst, it will either mean modelling the bulk of the vehicles visual LOD's, as proxies.

Or, use external Cameras, for any Player sat in a cargo position. I think BAS did something along those lines with their infantry addons? When they first developed the concept of cargo proxies in OFP.

Guest RKSL-Rock

This week impatient people are on the menu... fried, grilled or sauted with garlic butter and a little black pepper.

This week impatient people are on the menu... fried, grilled or sauted with garlic butter and a little black pepper.

God that would be great. By now, it's amazing people don't know your stance on updates just for updates sake.

BTW Rock, nice video showing the problem with driving vehicles in to a cargo space. I never knew they extent of this problem. Wow, what a mess.

That sounds outstanding...Will there be beer to go wit that..

rofl.gif

notworthy.gif

I'm trying to get the UK JHC (Joint Helicopter Command) Fleet finished.

How many of the uk choppers that are on the list on your web will be in this fleet?? Was just wondering since you say you are finishing it. And because there havent been pictures/videos of all.

Or is it a secret wink_o.gif

The list.

Merlin HC3

- Merlin HC3A

- Merlin HM1

Puma HC2

Chinook HC2

- Chinook HC3

Seaking HC4

- Seaking HAS.6

- Seaking HAR.3 (SAR)

- Seaking ASaC.7