Sign in to follow this  
RussianElite

Peformance on demo compared to full game

Still runs just as bad as the retail version. 30-35 fps all options very low/low at 1440x900 (monitors default res) 25-30 fps same resolution with all options on HIGH, AA on normal.

Difference in visual quality just doesnt justify the frame rate differences.

Its only in urban area's as well, in the desert my frame rate peaks at 100+ with high detail, the plant life is just a HUGE fps killer.

i agree with everything in the quoted.

Maybe you can all give your comp specs and ingame settings im pretty sure you can all work something out then?

i think that the better performance is caused by the smaller island. (orgin sahrani has 760 GB, sarahni lite has 67BM (only 10% from orign).

it would be perfekt if we can get with a future patch a smaller island (like everon).

i got an old 19" CRT that supports a max resolution of 1600x1200, but even if i switch down to 1280x1024 the CRT resizes itself so it still fills the whole screen.

i tweaked my setting a lil bit and did ound that my CRT only supports 65Hz refresh rate at 1600 or 85Hz at 1280, so now i play at 1280x1024, everything cranked on high/very high and in the middle of the woods i get 50-60FPS, in the the towns or dessert i get a rock solid 85FPS

those that complain its the game are clearly wrong, its your ancient systems, stop complaining about the game being badly coded, breaking your systems, overheating your graphics cards and all the other lame excuses i've seen posted in these forums.

system specs:

e6600 @ 3.2Ghz per core

asus P5B Deluxe WiFI AP

2 gig Corsair XMS2 pro

8800GTX at stock timing

74Gb raptor system drive

200Gb maxtor storage drive

X-Fi

Antec 900 gaming case with sharkoon fans throughout

Quote[/b] ]Geforce 6600LE

Oh come on! You call that a video card?

I expected the demo to run bad but its worse than i ever imagined because of my crap, old PC.

With everything on lowest, some stuff disabled and 800x600 resolution i was finally able to see... textures wow_o.gif . P4 2.4, 1.5 gig pc2700 ram and 6600GT 128.

With this comp i rather play OPFR or vbs1, runs and looks better than Arma on low settings.

Now im going to upgrade soon (C2D 6600/6700, 8800GTX, 2 gigs of ram) but im not happy to read that high enders are getting 20/30 fps, thats not my definition of playable.

I got E6300 @ 2,2 Ghz, 1GB DDR2 533mhz (i think) and Sapphire x1950pro. Game runs smooth on 1280x1024 using game detected setting, only put AA disabled on that res. I've tried the co-op for few hours. tounge2.gif

Well, seems a bit curious i have an c2d6600/1Gig!1959xtx/1GigRam my demo runs on 35fps and my org. german Version of ArmA runs ,depending on where u are (leaves,bushes or the beach),on 40fps

@1280x768. and everything on "high" level. Did u tweak ur windows?Did u adjust your gracas on performance instead of quality,did u install new drivers for ur graca?Anyway it is annoying that ArmA runs that hard on "high-end" systems?

i tried the demo. runs great. gets a bit laggy when fa dozen players with 400+pings join my 512k max upload speed cable home connection in australia. but lol thats to be expected with such mad pings from around the world and hosting by me. still it played damn nice and smooth for me.

I am ass-uming this but if I can run the demo then I will be able to run the retail version when it is produced in my region?

So far with just a day of play testing the demo it runs ok on the low settings with the following pc specs.

P4, 3.2G WinXP,

Nvidia G-Force 5950 Ultra,up to date drivers

1gig of ram

running an asus p5gpl board,

3.4 chip,

2gig ram

geforce 8800 (640mb)

windows xp.

(latest drivers on all)

night time missions cause huge distance terrain flickering,

other than that,its pretty much the same as the full game.

minus THE SERVERS :P (Placebo locks thread again :P )

not much to go on realy with AI being so fickle and totaly unrealistic.

fool ya self all ya like with this realistic game,the AI is poor,

always was in ofp,and is the same here.

so with no support for online servers,which might i add BIS you should make your servers in the full game stand out somehow for ease of play,

this game will soon only have 300ppl playing coops.

(uk,usa coming soon,its now you gotta grab the market bis with this demo)

gratz on making this arma,its a vast improvment from ofp (graphically)

but i often ,and so do about 10 others i know that was<< was playing this think that all your efforts in thinking you have the most reaslistic game,you forgot the main thing.

playing it.

forget your addons,and "oh look at the grass",,get the AI sorted,

and some servers to encourage ppl to play,instead of your 4 player coops with unrealistic AI.

I find the demo to have been an unrelenting hassle to have gotten working to anywhere near the level I consider 'nominal' and 'acceptable to play with'.

For a start, my DX9 wasn't up to date, which was my fault, but I have DX9c and didn't expect to have to use the VERY LATEST version when I thought I met the requirements. I just used my brain and went and got it when I got the .dll error but still to someone unsure of themselves it might be an obstacle.

I get into the game and it's a stuttery experience and my performance is a bit crap, to be honest. Less than 30fps at 1024x768 with most things set to normal... Not great. But this is a brand new game and obviously my hardware is getting on a bit now. Most other recently released games I don't have a problem with, though, and can run maxed out. Only exception would be GRAW but I digress...

Anybody notice that if you have the shading detail set to anything other than 'normal' (and this includes both low options) the game takes an age to load?

Defrags both before and after made very little difference.

The only thing that DID make a big difference was using the 'maxmem' command line parameter. It made a small but crucial difference - it now loads faster and there is next to no stutter (apart from about a half second at the start of the mission). The game seems tighter and more enjoyable.

The game is amazing, though. Everything feels more visceral, like you're more closely connected to the combat experience. It's fantastic and the sensation of coming under fire cannot be matched. Urban combat is heart pounding now and the added AI routines (caught a couple of my squad leapfrogging in the trees) really impresses.

I'm running at 1280x960 with (what I think is) 2xQ and 16x AF, with everything set to normal apart from the post pro which is high and the blood which is high (V sync is off and I've optimised my setup as best I can). Things seem to run 'acceptably' if not fantastic. About 25-30fps outside the town, around 20 within. I can live with that, though, as I get much more 'feeling' from this game than any other, if that makes any sense.

Must admit, after seeing the wealth of previews and movies taken from expos of the game at conventions, where the machines were less than sparkling, I expected to be able to run the game at least at normal at a steady 30fps. I'm lucky if I can manage that! Still, it IS a brand new game and no other game on the market can match the amount that it is rendering in such detail - so no hard feelings about it on that front. I'll upgrade to play this game more smoothly, no doubt. Games of this scale and dynamicism don't come along every day, or even every year. It has half the shelf life of OFP, then upgrading seems a wise investment.

i got an E6700 Duo and a 8800GTX with 4 Giga Ram and i'm crashing all the time with the original german 1.02 version. i patched and changed anythink in the last 3 weeks i found without success. Once its running for some minutes it doesnt look bad, the fps is acceptable even doh 3-5 times more consuming than other new games. All in all, this game is still beta and i think the problem is with the engine and not with half of the players machines. i just hope it's gonna go gold with the 505 release in february and that we're all just beta testers.

I don't know Guerilla, it sounds like you have worse problems than most. In your case i'd suspect driver support with the 8800's and this game both being relatively new. You may want to try a few different versions of your graphics drivers and see if you get different performance.

i will prolly get shot but.

Why do they even bother to USE a copy protection system? i mean there is already the cd key that prevent you to play online if its not a legit.

Really i don't know how much a starforce license cost, but each version is cracked in about a week ...

Why bother with this and lessen the game experience for your customers?

Well I have 1 Gb ram/Pentium D 920/7600 GT and the game runs really bad. confused_o.gif

I thought mine was running good till I got into the CTI map. On normal, I was getting around 10 FPS at the East CTI spawn.

3400+

1 gb ram

7600gs 512

Outdoors: Avg 28 FPS

Town : Avg 20 FPS

Note: This is for my system, others systems may vary. I did this test on the hill where the coop starts and ran back and forth looking at the city and then the fields.

My taste is for a responsive aim followed by good graphics.

Resolution :1024X768 (any lower and things look much worse for me)

Terrain Detail :Very High (Little change in game. Clears up distance white lines. Not sure about anything else) - less than -1 FPS

Object Detail :Low (Adds/thickens grass and fills in/ adds green to trees and bushes far away) The FPS loss gets worse as you go from VL to VH. It drops as much as -5 FPS

Texture Detail :Very Low (Things to look good/bad close up. Like leaves.)FPS Drops are dependant on how far away you are to objects. Note: This had a great effect on how easy it is to AIM(from far or near). So important to me that I go to the lowest setting.

Shadow Detail :Normal (NORMAL speeds up load times(and it looks much better))any other setting causes slow load?

Post Processing :Low (someone else explain what is does ??)FPS from -2 to -5

Anisotropic Filter :Disabled (Adds detail) -1 FPS

Shadow Detail :Disabled (Shadows) More trees, more Drop. -1 to -8 FSP (maybe more, didn't go into a forest)

Antialiasing : Very High (gets rid of white reflecting lines on buildings and other things) Biggest surprise - Less than -1 FPS from off to VH

Blood :Your Taste

Hope this helps someone a little. I'm looking for more FPS myself. thumbs-up.gif

I thought AA was a huge FPS killer. But I might as well play OFP then play on low.

I think some of my AntiAliasing features are turned off in the Card's Manager - sorry about that. It still seems to help in game but not all my card features are being used.