Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Cold War Rearmed Discussion

and what about retaliation campaign? that was probably the best campaign i ever played in ofp, maybe you can talk with delevopers to see if you can port it to CWR. At least we could have a decent russain campaign... smile_o.gif

I suppose that the coordinates on the islands are the same as in OFP, so if you port a mission over it is placed correctly (I can understand if some small adjustments are needed)?

bah , that of the copyright issues don't have any importance , you could always make the Red Hammer campaign and rename it to let's say ..Red Hummer , and goodbye to the copyright problem nener.gif

-=UOE.Txalo=-

I think I said it before, it was said several times before that too. The CWR project is about bringing the original stuff from OFP into Armed Assault.

Don't get me wrong, but it's better you all realize that before you end up disappointed later.

andersson

That should be no big problem, except the mission uses objectIDs for example. Smaller adjustments must be done at positions close to roads maybe (roadblocks etc.).

william1

I will not comment this now... banghead.gif

@All

Let's wait for the Demo and see, alright? wink_o.gif

In OFP, the bmp-1 fired some kind of tank-cannon like weapon. In real life, the ammunition fired out of the smooth-bore weapon is the same as the weapon for the rpg-7. I was wondering if there were going to be any detail enhancements on issues such as this or if you are going to try to recreate OFPs BMP-1 in ArmA's world (which seems subtly different). The point of saying that is that I surmise that there is some fudging involved in any case.

Wolle: I think i can never be dissapointed with this mod, you have to do a very very very bad work to get me dissapointed wink_o.gif

Regarding retaliation, it was just a suggestion, because in the end we will have a US capaign and a resistance campaign, with that one you can fill the russian side smile_o.gif

We cannot port Red Hammer as CM owns it.

If we do a good job, it should be quite easy to port OFP campaings (sure, some work needed, esp. in cam sequences).

@plaintiff1: Ermm, I don't get what you mean. huh.gif Tank cannon vs smooth-bore? wow_o.gif Our BMP-1 fires 7.6mm MG, AT-3 Maljutka and 73mm Heat/Sabot, exactly as it was in OFP... with the OFP class names:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> weapons[] =

{

Gun73,

MachineGun7_6,

AT3Launcher

};

magazines[] =

{

Heat73,

Shell73,

MachineGun7_6,

AT3Launcher

};

@andersson: Coordinates should be exactly the same, yes. Roads can differ a bit. Object IDs of course do not work the same way as in ArmA.

@Commando84: No, not in the normal CWR Edition.

We cannot port Red Hammer as CM owns it.

If we do a good job, it should be quite easy to port OFP campaings (sure, some work needed, esp. in cam sequences).

@plaintiff1: Ermm, I don't get what you mean. huh.gif Tank cannon vs smooth-bore? wow_o.gif Our BMP-1 fires 7.6mm MG, AT-3 Maljutka and 73mm Heat/Sabot, exactly as it was in OFP... with the OFP class names:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> weapons[] =

{

Gun73,

MachineGun7_6,

AT3Launcher

};

magazines[] =

{

Heat73,

Shell73,

MachineGun7_6,

AT3Launcher

};

@andersson: Coordinates should be exactly the same, yes. Roads can differ a bit. Object IDs of course do not work the same way as in ArmA.

@Commando84: No, not in the normal CWR Edition.

Sorry, when I said rpg-7 I meant spg-9.

The 73mm weapon of the bmp-1 actually fires spg rounds... It's not a cannon. It fires rockets. pg-9v and og-9vm rockets.

http://www.janes.com/extracts/extract/jah/jah_0176.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPG-9

My tank cannon comment was in regards to the damage scale and other characteristics of the 73mm gun as presented in OFP. It seemed to me that there was very little practical difference between that weapon and the main cannons of the tanks in that game.

I'm just answering with this information to alleviate your confusion, and to clarify my comment. I have my answer regarding the bmp-1's main armament in CWR, and do not seek to mess with you about it. It's like the man portable guided missiles that were in OFP that don't actually exist that way in real life. It's a game mechanics thing that I was curious about.

william1

I will not comment this now... banghead.gif

Luckily, I will.

If I take an iPod, change the software and logos on it to say "iProd", make the logo an orange instead of an apple and make the unit in flourescent purple, it wouldn't change the fact that Apple would probably sue me a big huggy bunch.

...But back to the topic! smile_o.gif

Many small things can break the original OFP missions if you change them. For example the Carl Gustav recoilless rifle was like a guided missile launcher in OFP. (Question to the CWR team) : Do you plan to make it exactly as it was in OFP?

And just btw, great work out there, I'm really looking forward to play this mod smile_o.gif

One question, has the 1.09 patch effected the development of this mod? Or delayed it?

One question, has the 1.09 patch effected the development of this mod? Or delayed it?

No. smile_o.gif

So that means something might happen in the next 3 days(if you recall, 16 days ago somebody said something about somehting happening within the next 19 days, so 19-16=3)?

So that means something might happen in the next 3 days(if you recall, 16 days ago somebody said something about somehting happening within the next 19 days, so 19-16=3)?

I'm sure there'll happen a lot. As every day... best overview about things that happen can be found on news pages on the internet. wink_o.gif

Well if it did it would probably be the best christmas evarrr lol

Well if it did it would probably be the best christmas evarrr lol

Don't expect too much.

I wouldn't expect anything, that way you can never be disappointed wink_o.gif

I wouldn't expect anything, that way you can never be disappointed wink_o.gif

If just everybody sees it that way... confused_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

The package, together with a cardbox of first class vodka was supposed to be transported to the Malden Airport in a UAZ. Unfortunately the AI screwed it and kissed a tree in a sharp curve shortly before La Trinite. We can only guess what caused the incident though. sad_o.gif

delayedmg4.jpg