Sign in to follow this  
BoA

Your ideal PC to play ARMA?

A64 X2 2,7Ghz

2GB RAM

ATI X1900XTX 512MB

Playing ArmA @ 1920x1200 all medium ~30fps.

Upgrading To:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2.6 GHz

600 Watt / 24 dBA

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS

ASUS GeForce 8800 GTX

Corsair XMS2 Xtreme Performance TwinX Matched (1 x 2 GB)

WD1500ADFD - 150 GB / SATA / 4.6 ms / 10000 RPM

Windows Vista 64-bit

Current:

Tweaked it to run at medium with 15-25 fps at critical conditions and 25-40 in okay conditions.. runs 40-80 in the desert parts when nothning happens..

*Look Below*

Upgrading To:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2.6 GHz

600 Watt / 24 dBA

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS

ASUS GeForce 8800 GTX

Corsair XMS2 Xtreme Performance TwinX Matched (1 x 2 GB)

WD1500ADFD - 150 GB / SATA / 4.6 ms / 10000 RPM

Windows Vista 64-bit

Current:

Tweaked it to run at medium with 15-25 fps at critical conditions and 25-40 in okay conditions.. runs 40-80 in the desert parts when nothning happens..

*Look Below*

hehe i think many people would be happy with the performance you get out of your current spec wink_o.gif

That new rig will kickass!

Hi,

I would like to know if I can play to Arma with all medium graphics :

Notebook ASUS Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 2.0 Ghz, 2048 Mo DDR-2, GeForce Go 7600 or ATI X1600 with 256mo ??

Thanks.

Hi,

I would like to know if I can play to Arma with all medium graphics :

Notebook ASUS Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 2.0 Ghz, 2048 Mo DDR-2, GeForce Go 7600 or ATI X1600 with 256mo ??

Thanks.

Can't you get a Go 7600 GT into it? The 7600 GT is better than the X1600, I'm sure about that, however it will still not run too well.

2.8 g p4

1.0 gig ram

ocuk nvidia 7900gs

all settings on high -even advanced!!

fps 25+

drops to 15 ish on hectic stuff!

more than happy!!! smile_o.gif

using czech my-sprocket d/load version patched to English!

My Current PC:

AMD Athlon 3500+ 64bit CPU @ 2.2Ghz

1GB DDR400 Corsair XMS Gaming Ram

XFX 7800GT 256MB (Overclocked)

Abit NF-95 Motherboard

Ideal Upgrade whistle.gif ;

AMD FX-62 64bit Gaming Processor

2x 2GB Corsair XMS Dominator

2x Geforce XFX 8800GTX (2x 768 MB)

ASUS P5N32-E SLI Motherboard

How will this run Arma?

Plumbum-A73-2: AM2 A64-3800+, 2048, 250, DVD±RW, GF7300GS FE

and this

A64 3500+, 1024, 320, DVD±RW, 7600GT, DFI

?

I think this will be the first time i buy a high end video card in my life, i have always been the proud mid range user.

The bad part is that it will problably be just for Arma since there arent any other worthy games coming out and by the time they come the G80 will problably be crap (Admit it Crysis might look good but other than looks it seems pretty lame and childish).

The other bad part is that i cant get enough of vbs1 latelly and Arma is lacking the type of units i like to play/edit around with mad_o.gif .

I got a new PC because Dark Messiah run crap on my old PC. Now it runs fine, and ArmA will fly on this one :

Amd64 3800+ x2

2 Gig

XFX 8800GTS

To bad i still have to wait until q1 2007

what a waste. Your processor doesn't do justice to your video card. You have to OC your processor so you can get the full capacity from your card. I hate telling people what to do but or what they did was stupid but I understand you wanted the card for dx10 but your only going to get less 125 frames in this game because of your processor and you will only get 125 in most other games when you should easily get 333 fps.

Core2Duo 6400 OC 2.5 ghz (both cores)

2GB DDR2 G.Skill

2x 80GB 10000RPM SATA RAID1

7950gt 512/512

ive got parts waiting at home(im orking away) and this is wot im gonna b upgrading 2;

AMD 4600 X2

Asus A8N SLI deluxe mother board

7800GT

2Gb ram

150 WD Raptor X 10,000 rpm HD

vista ultimte 64 bit

does any 1 think this will not run it on max settings?

I just wanted to add in I have a system I am happy with now.

Previously it was

P4, 3.2gig, WinXP,SP2

Nvidia GForce 5950 Ultra AGP

1 gig of Ram

current drivers installed.

I swapped out the 5950 for a PNY Nvidia GForce 7600 GS, 512mb..

Main reason was budget minded. I didn't want to have to spend extra to go to PCI express just yet, didn't want to have to buy a better power supply either.

The 7600 needs 300 watts which is what i have. My FPS with the 5950 in a coop game by myself was average 10-12 FPS. Dropping to a game staggering and shuddering 5-6 under heavy fire and movements. this with everything on low.

Now with the 7600 I am running a average of 27-30 with the settings turned up to above normal, spiking to 45 under calm and not dropping lower then 20 under heavy fire.

Now that I know the card upgrade helped I am going to fill those last two slots with more ram. I can go up to 4 gigs, have 1 gig now.

This wasn't just a noticable improvement for ArmA, Oblivion, GTR2, everything jumped a ton. Oblivion the most noticable. Running a easy 40 FPS with everything turned up to high.

Don't give up on that AGP motherboard just yet smile_o.gif

Renewed happiness playing the ArmA demo yay.gif

Yeah go AGP! (for now lol)

Updated my GFX card too.. its an AGP and runs very well biggrin_o.gif

I did my upgrade. Demo is running nicely maxed at 1024x768x32.

Asus M2 Crosshair

Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2x1 meg cache

BFG 8800 GTX 768

Corsair 2gb xms2-6400 Twin2X d/c

Seagate 250 Barracuda

Enermax Galaxy 850 psu

It was time for the upgrade.  Very nice to see how AA REALLY looks and runs.  Can`t wait for the N American release.

Wow with that spec you should be able to go much higher on the resolution!

What FPS rate do you get?

lol Ya know, I never check the fps. It just looks great and plays smooth/fast. Aiming is great. The reason I don`t go higher in res is cause going higher makes everything look smaller on my 19 inch monitor.

Anyone here using 5.1 headphones? I got the Medusa headset. Love it. You can actually FEEL grenade concussion, and a similar effect when peeps fire near you. Same with feeling the APC engine rumbling.

Got some 5.1 headphones demo sounds great my (FPC) Mates also got medusa headset some got the vibration ones they say it awesome for sound effects  pistols.gif plenty noise with them biggrin_o.gif

My old headset,before it broke (I sat on it sad_o.gif ), made me mess my pants nearly everytime my m1a1 got rpg'd or a nade went off. It shakes on my head.

It was a Logitech 350 USB Headset.

Guys I hope you can help.

I currently have :

P4 3.2Ghz, 7800GS (AGP), 2GB Ram... I am running at 1680x1050 as my max resolution.

My computer struggles with the demo quite a bit, even with fairly low settings.

Being stuck on AGP at the moment I have the ability to upgrade my gfx card to a X1950, but I am wondering how much this would help.

How dependent is ArmA on the gfx card and cpu? Bearing in mind I am using a 3.2Ghz P4. ie. Would a CPU upgrade be better than a gfx card upgrade in this instance? (How I would do that I do not know).

All help is very much appreciated.

Those Logitech and 5.1 headsets are not that great. Get quality stereo headphones (like Sennheiser) and a decent soundcard like the X-Fi which will simulate full 3D sound, you can even sense sounds above and below you that way.

Logitech headsets are rather bad quality. Don't ever touch a "gaming" headset, rather go for quality.

My Sennheiser HD515 (not their best, but still good) and X-Fi make for great sound biggrin_o.gif .

Those Logitech and 5.1 headsets are not that great. Get quality stereo headphones (like Sennheiser) and a decent soundcard like the X-Fi which will simulate full 3D sound, you can even sense sounds above and below you that way.

Logitech headsets are rather bad quality. Don't ever touch a "gaming" headset, rather go for quality.

My Sennheiser HD515 (not their best, but still good) and X-Fi make for great sound  biggrin_o.gif .

For listening to music I would definately agree.. but for playing games ?

I think thats just Extravagance biggrin_o.gif

My Sennheiser HD515 (not their best, but still good) and X-Fi make for great sound biggrin_o.gif .

For listening to music I would definately agree.. but for playing games ?

I think thats just Extravagance biggrin_o.gif

Well I listen to music as well smile_o.gif . They are far from the most expensive Sennheiser headphones, mine cost me R600 (they should be about 90$US, or less). Not incredibly cheap I know, but they sound good.

Guys I hope you can help.

I currently have :

P4 3.2Ghz, 7800GS (AGP), 2GB Ram... I am running at 1680x1050 as my max resolution.

My computer struggles with the demo quite a bit, even with fairly low settings.

Being stuck on AGP at the moment I have the ability to upgrade my gfx card to a X1950, but I am wondering how much this would help.

How dependent is ArmA on the gfx card and cpu? Bearing in mind I am using a 3.2Ghz P4.   ie.  Would a CPU upgrade be better than a gfx card upgrade in this instance?  (How I would do that I do not know).

All help is very much appreciated.

My spec is in my sig. I have an AGP X1950 PRO 512mb... im quite happy with the performance im getting...

But i wouldnt expect a massive difference from your current card.

But if you do want to upgrade then the GFX card is your best bet... your CPU is very good.

Surely my CPU (Pentium 4 3.2Ghz) is pretty weak by todays standards?

I would normally just upgrade the gfx card, but I get the slight feeling that ArmA is quite CPU dependent.