Sign in to follow this  
BoA

Your ideal PC to play ARMA?

SLi = No point. At least in ArmA... yet anyway.

Do you consider 90% performance boost no point?

The 97.xx drivers have an SLI-profile for Arma. You can also run Arma with SLI enabled in 93.71 if you make a SLI-profile or use another profile (rename the .exe).

Only ritch people use SLI (a GEFORE 8800 cost 650€)... Have two card is useless; what this realy need, a better & optimized handling of double & future quad core (for A.I & Physic) & faster motherboard speed of tranfer between R.A.M & Processor (actually is blocked at 800Mhz because of DDR2, even if you have an Intel 1066 Mhz motherboard, the system will fonction at 800 because of the memory speed [real memory hardware speed 400 Mhz to be exact])... [Also those who buy those hardware are just helping NVidia & Microsoft to create prototype of new X-Box, with the financement of ingenuous people]...

And for the PHYSIC engine, thoes ARMA support AGEIA technologie ?

PS : I'm sure that Microsoft will stole the Ageia idea (like he does for netscape & other) to make a Direct_Physics, to help develloper to easily add those acceleration to the core...

For my self I'm waiting quad core & DDR3 R.A.M

mobo that supports Dual channel 128bit Memory 64bit cpu with 1mb l2 Cache 11 pipes from the cpu to the North/south brige at 200mhz each and Dedicated line from the video card to get ram from agp apager without going throw the Northbrige first Wait i have this system lol!!

N-force 3mobo

1.5GB ddr400 cl2.0

AMD 64bit 2700+ 1mb l2 cashe

Agp x850Xt 256mb

yay.gif

Bump.

Okay, I need a little help..

In a week or so I'll be upgrading my GFX card and have been planning to buy a 8800gts, however it has come to my attention that ArmA still has the fog bug with this card.

Would anyone recommend my buying it and wait for a BISPatch/Driver that'll fix it, or would anyone recommend another card in the same price range?

I'm wondering whether this PC can make ARMA REALLY fly. I mean, set everything to "very high" and distance to 5000m (2500m is also OK)  with a fps of about 100.

CPU: AMD Athlon FX-57

GPU: 8800GTX (*2, if necessary)

RAM: 4G

OS  : Vista

How about your ideal PCs to play ARMA? smile_o.gif

i have everything on very high and view distance of 10000

and i have a pentium core duo extreme at 2.9 ghz

4 gig of ram and 1 8800gtx

game runs great.  total cost is about 3 grand after all the taxes.  oh and still running xp.   might get vista later.

also disable the pagefile or it will crash with those settings on high like that.

I'm wondering whether this PC can make ARMA REALLY fly. I mean, set everything to "very high" and distance to 5000m (2500m is also OK) with a fps of about 100.

CPU: AMD Athlon FX-57

GPU: 8800GTX (*2, if necessary)

RAM: 4G

How about your ideal PCs to play ARMA? smile_o.gif

I have that CPU, and I have the 8800 GTS 320 with 4GB ram, and it runs fine for me

However, Im about to upgrade to the Core2Duo (CTD) in the next few days as soon as the 6850 price evens out, they just released it and distributors are trying to gouge it with a 25% markup...I'll wait till it gets under 300

Good Luck, I play fine with the setup with my current CPU, i just want to be able to play MAX settings and have 100 FPS

I also have Vista 64 , and a 24 inch Widescreen, so that makes a difference.

Bump.

Okay, I need a little help..

In a week or so I'll be upgrading my GFX card and have been planning to buy a 8800gts, however it has come to my attention that ArmA still has the fog bug with this card.

Would anyone recommend my buying it and wait for a BISPatch/Driver that'll fix it, or would anyone recommend another card in the same price range?

I have the GTS 320, never had a fog bug...

Something that interests me is dual cores. Would an E6320 Core 2 Duo play ArmA, because on the box it says the minimum CPU spec is 2GHz yet the E6320 processor is two 1.86GHz chips in one. Would it only register as a 1.86GHz chip?

I've been having performance issues, mainly on ACE. Here is my rig.

8800GT 512MB RAM

3GB RAM

AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 2.7Ghz

Windows XP Pro SP3