Sign in to follow this  
BoA

Your ideal PC to play ARMA?

Does anyone have a 7600 GT? I'd like to know how it performs, because I have that card too.

I have AGP 7600GT, in a P4 2.8 GHz, 1 GB RAM clean XP system on 1024x768x32.

With the right settings/tweaks (ArmA/card/windows) ArmA looks good and runs smooth. I'm no fps hunter. Arma runs better than expected after reading all posts on the subject.

Ooh, i have online German version (v1.01) running from hdd (no disks involved)

I bought a Geforce 8800GTS and it still runs like cack wink_o.gif Probably because I've only got a Athlon 64 3500+ though - looks like I'll be updating that next!

I bought a Geforce 8800GTS and it still runs like cack ;) Probably because I've only got a Athlon 64 3500+ though - looks like I'll be updating that next!

Yeah, that is another point. You have to have a balanced system. I'm no expert but i'm not crazy either;)

Having a P4 2.8 with 1 GB RAM on a AGP system, i choose to stick with my 1024x768 tft for a while and made the choice of AGP 7600GT to balance the whole thing towards running ArmA (the only pc game i play)

Going for higher res or better cards would also mean other processor and more ram to keep the balance.

Graphics card will make a difference thread merged into here, all advice about what hardware to buy should go in the one thread smile_o.gif

My ideal pc would be some quad core monster but im realistic. This is the PC im going to put together soon:

Core 2 Duo E6600 (gonna overclock this)

2Gb Corsair DD2 Ram

X1950 Pro 512mb

WD Raptor 74Gb drive + the spare drives from my old comp.

oh how i wish to live in other country

in central/eastern europe usual monthly salary is about 300/400 euro (to the hand) in big cities, some people earn 200 euro (to the hand) in small cities

in poland policeman earns about 350 (like me) teacher 300 medical sister 170 (that's why we have such big emigration over 1 mln people , country have 38 milions)

but for 600 euro i can buy Gigabyte 7600 256, 2*DDR2-512, Athlon X2 3.8

probably in west this stuff will be outdated, but for us is "the top"

we can buy after many months of saving money also some i have to take credit in bank

i hope this will work good with ARMA

people you don't even know how happy you are that you were born in other countries in which buying PC is not a problem

cheers to everyone living in "normal" part of the world smile_o.gif

why the hell i was born here (i am happy that not in belarus, because there people earn about 70-100 euro/month)

and remember - price of electronics we have the same as you + cost of transport

in US for Canon EOS 400D you have to pay about 800 USD

in poland it costs in shop 3300-3500 PLN (it is over 1000 USD)

oh how i wish to live in other country

It doesn't make any differance where you live mate, as here in the UK I earn five times as much in a month than what you wrote a Polish policeman earns. But everything is sooo much more expensive to buy. My new system cost me approx 4438 Euros.

us woodland trousers cost about 40 euro, pizza 10 euro, 1 l cola 1.5 euro and in your country ?

when you wanna pay for 30 meters flat in block of flats i takes about 100 in Warsaw + 25 electricity

for 1 MB internet and cable TV i pay 35 every month

CD costs 15 euro - yesterday i bought new Judas Priest (rulezzzzzzzzzzzz)

5 minutes talking by mobile phone to another cost 1 euro

system - i though win xp cost about 200 eu

what kind of system you bought ?

what kind of system you bought ?

This will probably be the last PC i will ever buy. But believe it or not, i only bought it for ArmAs as i don't have any games left as i threw them all out (still got flashpoint and VBS1 for memories sake).

Intel core2 X6800 (2.933Ghz)

Asus P5N32 SE mobo

4096MB DDR2 900mhz

2 1GB nvidia Geforce 7950 GX2 sli configs

Creative SB X-Fi fatality fps.

PS, I know there's a lot of Polish immigrants over here as i heard on our local radio station that the city of Southamptons population is one fifth Polish.

oh my god what a computer

at least you can save some money every month

at the end of month here i cannot save more than 50 eu

probably sooner or later i will leave this sick place

probably in UK you have over haf of milion of Poles, in such life conditions i shall be the next sad_o.gif

as i love my country, my grandfather was a colonel/general, mother also was in army, but me sad_o.gif

but please answer to me what are the prices of those products that i show above (trousers, CD, cola, pizza, for flat, 1 MB net, 5 minutes by mobile to mobile...) you can send on PM if you wanna

Yes that sucks man.

I know what u mean, my girlfriend lives in peru, and there things are kinda the same i think like there where u live. There they work normal 10 hours a day, 6 days a week, and then they only earn 200/ 300 DOLLAR.

Thats crazy man.

But yes, things there are also very cheap compared to europe, but if they want to buy a new computer, they have to save money for longggggg time also.

But also here in Holland some things are crazy.

Like when u want to buy a beer when u go out...

A normal glass of heineken is 3 euro.

But even then...

Glad im living in the Netherlands !!!

wohoooo

BTW... in Holland there are also many people from Poland, coming here working illigal, its a big issue here

but in Holand you have windmills smile_o.gif

my girl lives not in Peru, 15 minutes by tram, but sometimes it is to near, specially when i want some peace and listen to the music, she want me to help her to bring heavy products from shop wink_o.gif

sometimes i could export her to the Peru for few days wink_o.gif

a glass of beer in polish pub 1.5 euro

in shop 0.7 , but pub has it own price smile_o.gif

cinema ticket 4-5 eu, Nokia 6020 - 120 in shop without activation

oh i am sorry, my Judas Priest CD costed 17 Eu smile_o.gif (65 PLN)

What do you think, how will it run?:

Ati Radeon x800 pro 256 Mb

amd athlon 2800+ 2,09 Mhz

1024 Mb ram

30 Gigs free space

I'm going to buy up to date rig, but meantime I have to settle with this junk.

The cost of a bottle of coke is not relevant to this thread, please stay on topic.

What do you think, how will it run?:

Ati Radeon x800 pro 256 Mb

amd athlon 2800+ 2,09 Mhz

1024 Mb ram

30 Gigs free space

I'm going to buy up to date rig, but meantime I have to settle with this junk.

If your going to buy an uptodate system i wouldn't worry how your current system will handle Arma. But judging by recent replies i would say you could run Arma on low-mid settings with a few of the good options turned off.

Running it on my Dell M70 laptop it runs pretty smooth.

The setup is:

2 GHZ

2 GB RAM

Nvidia Quadro FX Go1400 graphics card

I keep the draw distance at about 900 meters and the rest of the settings on very low. I also keep the resolution to 1600 x 1200. It looks like it gets a framerate of mid-20s.

On my Desktop at home the setup is:

3 GHZ

1 GB RAM

Nvidia Fx 6800

I keep the draw distance at about 1400 meters with 1600x1200 resolution with normal settings and it also runs smoothly.

This is the crux of most of the complaints about poor performance. The majority of people want high details with a good view distance but like OFP this was difficult to achieve. I assumed the ArmA engine had been optimized to be able to achieve this but by reading these threads i'm having doubts..I have a high-end system but i'm holding off from ordering the Czech or German version so i can't test it out which is making me anxius wink_o.gif

I'm running ARMA on very high with default view distance of 1200 meters and on 1280x1024 resolution. And with SLI fix (rename arma.exe to 3dmark06.exe)

my rig is this:

AMD athalon X2 4800+

2 Nvidia BFG 7800GT OC (SLI)

ASUS SLI DELUXE mobo

Corsair 2 gig ram (paired at factory)

all and all I built my machine with $2,400 from scratch. I bought all the parts and put it together biggrin_o.gif best 2400 bucks I have ever spent in my opinion wink_o.gif

Im getting the one in my sig xmas_o.gif

Do anyone have those specs here , and can tell me how it runs in ArmA, because i wont get arma until 2007 q1 crazy_o.gif

i got a brandnew

DuoCore 6700

Nvidia 8800 GTX

4 GigaRam 667Mhz

it runs execellent, even on the highest settings i can run it with 30-50fps but the view distance can kill even that system. so far i'm really happy but still, it could be better, lets see what a second 8800gtx will do in some months

I have a system with these specs now:

-CPU: 3.4 GHz Pentium 4 "s775".

-RAM: 1.5GB "2x512 & 2x256" Twinmos PC3200 "400 MHz" Dualchannel.

-Videocard: ASUS GeForce 6800 Gamers Edition, 256 GDDR3.

After what I have read in on this forum, it will probably run ARmA on low-medium settings... confused_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

---------------------------------

Anyway about the my ideal PC for ArmA would contain these specs:

-CPU: Intel Core Duo 2.4 Ghz or even a better CPU.

-RAM: 2-4GB DDR2

-Videocard: GeForce 8800GTX.

When ArmA arrives in Norway, hopefully I have gotten a new similar system like that.... wink_o.gif

xmas_o.gif

Today i received my Asus geforce 7600GS 256MB AGP, and it absolutely works great on my P4 3.1 Ghz, 1 gig ram.

ArmA looks great, and i have very smooth performance.

Before i had the Geforce 6600GT 128MB, but i had problems with weird looking textures, and i had bad FPS.

Im really happy it works great now. And only for 100 euro more. yay.gif

probably in UK you have over haf of milion of Poles, in such life conditions i shall be the next sad_o.gif

one of them is my girlfriend. biggrin_o.gif

OT: as a non owner of Arma, i have a couple of questions:

what is the limiting factor with Arma hardware wise?

eg, UT2004 was always CPU limited, Gothic3 appears to be memory limited, and Fear seems to be fill-rate (GPU) limited.

what is the limiting factor with Arma hardware wise?

GFX adapter it would seem so far.