anders^on

German Patch 1.01 released

I have a question regarding this:

Quote[/b] ]- Optimized grass implementation

What has been changed ?

I have a question regarding this:
Quote[/b] ]- Optimized grass implementation

What has been changed ?

personally I couldnt find a difference... Tried it just for couple of minutes though... the 100m or so distance is still there and when you aim from prone you still dont see shit smile_o.gif Maybe the fps is better when prone and aiming i dunno...

Yeah thats a good idea could some of you lucky souls with ArmA and the patch post any noticed improvments other than FPS (( which is good enough anyway )).

And before sombody says so, yes I know how to read the posted list of improvments, but I am asking about what the players themselves have noticed.

maybe interesting for first time installers. i installed armed assault and the patch directly afterwards...

...before even playing it once.

as a result i wasn´t able to start the campaign at all... crash to desktop... i uninstalled / reinstalled and started a game with the unpatched version. waited til the resulting slideshow got into the campaign and exited. installed the patch and voila...

works like a charm (almost) smile_o.gif

can´t really comment on the helicopter issues... just did a quick test... handling is different... but then again i am not that interested in helicopters.

a tad more troublesome is imho the inability of the ai to navigate bridges *sigh*... that would be really nice if this could be adressed in the next patch smile_o.gif

me as a commander crossing a bridge and the team jumps happily into the river... well ok, it is supposed to be tropical island (sort of)... maybe the heat wink_o.gif

btw i think the infantry ai did improve quite a bit (apart from that river hopping thing)... very nice surprise smile_o.gif

vehicle sounds... hmmm... it is ok.. as long as there is one tank around... a tank platoon can be ... disturbing; seems as if the audio engine gets overloaded (distortion... slight hint... a compressor, soft limiter could help wink_o.gif

infantry fire fight sounds... wow.. brilliant...no issues at all... even the "crackle" like sounds are there... wonderful... and that with intel high definition onboard audio sound ...quite surprising... much better than what i remembered from flashpoint smile_o.gif

lod-issues...

imho mainly due to shader-stuff... brought shader level to bare minimum and no more wrong textures or sudden changing textures etc... a bit sad, cause i thought my grafx card would shine with shaders (ati 1900gt). well but the game is still beautiful imho... runs like a charm with full textures, lots of aa at 1024x768 (full post processing included) smile_o.gif

that is with the patch of course. without the patch it is more like seconds per frame wink_o.gif

really looking forward to that brigde navigating patch smile_o.gif

great game!

After playing ArmA for 2 days, after applying the 1.01 patch for the german version I must say:

I am really very disappointed. sad_o.gif

The FPS performance is more than bad.

I use AMD Athlon 64 3200+ with GeForce 6800 GT 2GB RAM

The game doesn't run smooth even with lowered display features. It looks bad and it runs bad. sad_o.gif

Over all it doesn't even come close to OFP with DXDLL, FFUR, and SLX enabled. I'm not surprised gameplay is worse than OFP with all the mods on. But I'm really disappointed graphics wise. Really a step backwards from OFP. Sounds are bad too. Which is not a surprise since BIS never really made good sounds (weapons, vehicles) for the game.

Right now I really don't feel about to play ArmA. I get back to OFP with better graphics, better gameplay, better performace and better sounds.

IMHO really disappointing what BIS has released. Sorry to say this. But this is the truth.

So you people waiting for the 505 games release, don't expect too much. As you will be disappointed!

Quote[/b] ]So you people waiting for the 505 games release, don't expect too much. As you will be disappointed!

Think I'll decide for myself when I get it... But.."thanks" anyway, I guess.

did they fix any of bug in this patch? like chopper handeling or boats that are basicly like hovercrafts that can hover by land aswell as by water, or they just fixing performance issues and improving AI?

or well just be waiting till 1,96 patch for arma

did they fix any of bug in this patch?

Why not try reading the thread? You'll see near the bottom of page 1 the list of fixes.

i did, just r2101 said that helicopter handeling is diffirent, so maybe something was not mentioned in fix list

I'm very happy that BIS fixed the weapon sounds of other players in MP!

Besides, FPS seems improved, problems with some systems are gone, looking through grass fps has improved..

Great job, and thanks! notworthy.gif

Im so confused reading all these comments in this forum.

Some critisize the game to death , nothing good at all.

Others like the game and see an improvment with the patch that BIS released.

I read one positive comment and im yay.gifnotworthy.gif and then

some super negative comments ruin my expectations confused_o.gifpistols.gifband.gif .

Please its Christmas time soon so be kind for all of us not having the game and stop torturing us smile_o.gif .

just think that we who have the game are all betatesting so that you will have a nice game as a new years gift  

and stop reading this kind of topics xmas_o.gif

i am very happy with this patch. i bought the cz version over 2 weeks ago and i had some problmes with the ai reaction. this issue is solved. ai is vers good - often to good for me....

Yea, AI often too good vs. human player. But also often too dumb, to drive a vehicle down the road.

Many bugs i`ve noticed after installation are gone, with the patch to v.1.01.

I purchased the online version from Morphicon which doesn't use Securom and installed it then used the online activation.  Afterward, I installed the German 1.1 patch.

What I didn't stop to think of is that there would probably be a different patch for the online version as compared to the Securom DVD version.  D'oh.

Now it won't start because I get a Securom no-disc error.  Gah.

And you only get to activate using the online key 3 times--so now I have 2 more to go.

Any way to work around this?

I checked Morphicon's site and didn't see a separate dload for the online version. Perhaps I missed it?

Same thing happened to me, Karillion. Saw the link to download the german version and couldn't resist. Installed the patch and got the same error message.

Sadly, I think we will just have to wait for BIS create a third version of the patch for the German downloadable version hopefully soon.

edit: btw, I reinstalled the base game and did not have to reactivate!

i would just like to know why they release this online version with out a working 1.01 patch.. kinda silly..

it also makes me a bit agery since i just spent $64 Canadian to d/l this great game. confused_o.gif

i hope they get this mess fixed this week, casue i didnt let go of my hard earned money to have to deal with an unpatchable version.

I have to say I saw a big improvement on AI from pre patch to post patch.

Playing the same mission the AI are more aggressive. Good job BIS.

But, I noticed the editor takes longer to load.

Same thing here!

Im very disappointed with this. At least they should warn that 1.01 doesnt work with the Online ver. of the game

I purchased the online version from Morphicon which doesn't use Securom and installed it then used the online activation. Afterward, I installed the German 1.1 patch.

What I didn't stop to think of is that there would probably be a different patch for the online version as compared to the Securom DVD version. D'oh.

Now it won't start because I get a Securom no-disc error. Gah.

And you only get to activate using the online key 3 times--so now I have 2 more to go.

Any way to work around this?

I checked Morphicon's site and didn't see a separate dload for the online version. Perhaps I missed it?

is it a iso or a installer ?

The site said you can burn it to a CD or DVD did you try that?

Im thinking about buying it online.. someone with this problem try burning it and see if it works..

It`s the same problem that D2D (Direct to Drive) users have.

You need a "special" patch for you`re version of the game.

Just reinstall it then, its not their fault you guys overlooked the version number of your game, plus if the patch was released early to fix a CP error comon sense should have kept you from installing it confused_o.gif .