Solus

SLX Replacement Pack, Mod, and Addons

Is there a reason why the WGL_DMApackARMY models aren't showing up in the default BIS missions?

I believe WGL's DMA Army pack only affects the WGL classes/units which are separate from the standard BI ones. You'll see what I mean if you look in the editor ... different listings for WGL and BI.

may i suggest something... im sure its been suggested.. but ive almost never completed a mission , i dont mean the AI kick my ass all the time, i mean that standard BIS missions eg battlefields, etc you cannot complete as most of the time, the squad leader stops dead, no incentive to advance to the next objective and lastly, wounded soldiers still count as active and alive, so you will have to inspect dead soldiers. and it just gets frustrating. banghead.gif

to play tonal and slx at the same time, i must do the same thing to play slx and wgl?

Great Mod.

Question:

I have some sound (CfgSounds) in a PBO but when I play your mod those sounds are missing. The game reports that the sounds cannot be found. It only happens with CfgSounds and not CfgRadio and with SLX. My PBOs are in a modfolder and the 2 mods are run together. Only SLX has a config. Any ideas as to what is going on?

Thanks,

--Ben

Quote[/b] ]

Is there a reason why the WGL_DMApackARMY models aren't showing up in the default BIS missions?

Because WGL isn't a unit replacement. It provides you with new units, but keeps the old classes. I don't think it's meant to enhance the original ofp experience so much as it is meant to provide a completely new one.

Hmmm... I'm not sure why it's necessary to do all that layering with wgl and slx. The only hiccup I've found is that the mortars don't work when running both... other than that, everything seems nice and smooth. Is there something I'm missing?

edit: sorry for the spam spam spam. I guess it took a while for the previous one to show up!

edit2: Why have both @WGL_SLX and @SLX_DTA directories? Why not just load those files up in the @WGL_SLX directory?

Trivial Bugs:

When sword is shot out of hand error: no entry "model"

Units using Lasers HALO script often just apear on the ground lol

Mapfact rucksacks dont work in multiplayer dono about SP

I have serious problems. I tried to use ffur2006 with SLX and I cannot run a custom mission from the mission editor without getting an error.

I followed all te intructions, I replaced the ffur2006 config.cpp with the SLX's version of ffur2006, and I used -mod=@SLX;ffur2006.

Are you using FFUR 2006 patched to 2.5 because before I updated it I got all kinds of errors with SLX

I installed 2.5, now I cannot even run ffur2006 alone, the patch only contains the RESOURCE file, so I just replaced the original.

never mind ffur and wgl and all that nonsense! I just play it on its own with a few addons.

Whats the status on those "planned" melee weapons?

im looking forward to them

just wondering, how do implement 2 graphical enhancements into another mod.

the tracers for machine guns and rifles, and the Dust kick up effect?

any help?

I think that it would be great if it would be possible to implement a feature in the next patch so it could be possible to issue team fire command on a selected spot rather then an object

like for example to issue 2 team buddies to fire on a bush or a flak of grass to push the enemy away

xmas_o.gif thankS bYe and appy holidaZ

I must say awesome work Solus, my standard mod since the day you released it, but i would absolutely love to see a SFP config in the next release if they don't mind and you have the time. Keep up the good work. thumbs-up.gif

I must say awesome work Solus, my standard mod since the day you released it, but i would absolutely love to see a SFP config in the next release if they don't mind and you have the time. Keep up the good work. thumbs-up.gif

An excellent idea, especially now when SFP are releasing their update 4.1.7

xmas_o.gif

An excellent idea, especially now when SFP are releasing their update 4.1.7

xmas_o.gif

yeah well we are dead.. but it is nice to see people still want to use or addons. ( for download sfp 4.1.7 go check www.anrop.net if you are a swede)

Back on topic, the SLX is incredible.. enough said.

Put a new standard on things with ArmA around the corner, OFP is still "stronger" simulator..

good work...i mean excellent.

Solus seems to have disappeared somewhere and until he can answer my question I had to uninstall ofp goty sad_o.gif

Hmmm... has been quite in here for some time... maybe Solus is busy on the new SLX/FFUR config or got his hands on that damned new game (wish I had it banghead.gif )

To me SLX is still the standard, I'll use it with WGL;FFUR; ECP or plain vanilla, kinda like different girlfriends with different skills tounge2.gif

Ok firstly this mod is fricken awesome!

Now, does anyone know how I can make bulletholes not fade away? Or just take a very, very, very long time to fade away.

I really like em. I changed the texture and made it alot darker, and you can flat riddle some stuff full of holes and it looks radical, but they fade to fast. i want them to last a loooooonnnnngggg time. I know lag could be an issue, but I just want to see how it goes.

Solus, thank you for this mod. It is really outstanding. I just cant believe how good it makes flashpoint. You should be doing this for a living if you dont already.

I just downloaded this mod and did the install.bat in the ofp folder, but I can't figure out the command line thing, I put this in "C:\Program Files\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -mod=@SLX

but it says " The name "C:\Program Files\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -mod=@SLX

Specified in the target box is not valid. make sure the path and the file name are correct. can someone tell me how to fix this please?

ty

I just downloaded this mod and did the install.bat in the ofp folder, but I can't figure out the command line thing, I put this in "C:\Program Files\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -mod=@SLX

but it says " The name "C:\Program Files\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -mod=@SLX

Specified in the target box is not valid. make sure the path and the file name are correct. can someone tell me how to fix this please?

ty

Obvious question, but did you actually install to that directory?

ty

Obvious question, but did you actually install to that directory?

well, I downloaded and extracted it to MyComputer\LocalDisk\ProgramFiles\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint

and then opened it and ran the windows xp install.bat, is that right?