Sign in to follow this  
coderdfox

ArmA Photography

wooohhoooaaa IAN !!!!!!!!!!

the BMP one was great BUT THOSE ONES OF THE T-72 crew turn-out !!

notworthy.gifinlove.gifnotworthy.gifinlove.gif

now yes I can say goodnight.gif

graciassss!!!

Sorry if I missed it, but which resolution do you use and at which levels are AA and AF? Since I´m used to play ofp with AA, I don´t like those "pixeled" edges because they rip the illusion of reality into pieces. My system is nearly equal to yours, so it would be kewl if you could say something about it, no hurry, still 20 days to wait for me, hehe! tounge2.gif

Sorry if I missed it, but which resolution do you use and at which levels are AA and AF? Since I´m used to play ofp with AA, I don´t like those "pixeled" edges because they rip the illusion of reality into pieces. My system is nearly equal to yours, so it would be kewl if you could say something about it, no hurry, still 20 days to wait for me, hihi! tounge2.gif

I'm using 1024x768 and i'm not using AA, because i hate those blurred images wich reminds me mornings when i can't find my glasses smile_o.gif Will try it later though...

*hands wikingo a paper hankerchief*

biggrin_o.gif

after see that beauty I hope the missing tank cockpits can be modded and added later, not just tank optics... maybe the engine of the game will let do that...

Very impressiv, especially those CREW pics. models and textures seem to be very good.

from what was said about the specs I should have no probs ... I hope ... and I think that it is very impressive too ... that ArmA runs on such a hardware that good. If you compare it with other new titels like GOTHIC 3 or the new SplinterCell ... those runs very bad on such a hardware and aren't that impressive for their hardware hunger.

But to come back to the thread IAN could you make, if you find some time, screens of the SPECIAL FORCES (Blackops/Saboteurs/Specnaz whatever) and their weapons.

THX alot for those screens ... best we have seen so far ...

a_243.jpg

awsome..!! look at the kalashnikov..  pistols.gif  pistols.gif  yeaaaaah

Very impresive SS Ian !! smile_o.gif My comp spec is very similar to yours so you made my day smile_o.gif Only two more weeks tounge2.gif

My god, really unbelievable things could be made by a game! The most realistic and awesome stuff I ever saw in game history! Such nice game should be the pride of Czech!

Just a question, who could help me to buy it from Czech now? I think it's been released? And it's in English version or just in Czech?

Great, thanks Ian for your screenshots. Have you tried yet a multiplayer mission like CTI for instance. Don't know if it's allowed to answer this question here ?

Very impressiv, especially those CREW pics. models and textures seem to be very good.

from what was said about the specs I should have no probs ... I hope ... and I think that it is very impressive too ... that ArmA runs on such a hardware that good. If you compare it with other new titels like GOTHIC 3 or the new SplinterCell ... those runs very bad on such a hardware and aren't that impressive for their hardware hunger.

But to come back to the thread IAN could you make, if you find some time, screens of the SPECIAL FORCES (Blackops/Saboteurs/Specnaz whatever) and their weapons.

THX alot for those screens ... best we have seen so far ...

Well dont you see the Spec Ops on the Little Birds with their SD weapons? Anyways I would like to see some spetznatz

Very nice pictures Ian!! Very nice!

I don't have the words !! This is going to be the most realistic game/simulator in the history of the industry.... notworthy.gif

WOW ! Keep the screens coming ! More Please ! notworthy.gif

Yeah really nice!

so it looks good for me, got the same Hardware than Ian Malcolm! biggrin_o.gif

give us more pics! or better a video! smile_o.gif

Woooa, that all happend while i was playing a Cti, could u show us some pics from the water and swimming soldiers?

Or what happens when soldiers parachute over the water? Do the survive?

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>I think people should put their PC specs to inform People!</span>

should be a rule on this thread! Please placebo make this rule! Its the same thing as the addons used for pics smile_o.gif

edit: i know they were mentioned later, but please put specs when posting images wink_o.gif

Just few last images and i'm going to bed.

ArmA_sshot11.jpg

ArmA_sshot12.jpg

ArmA_sshot13.jpg

Btw... does somebody remember my old joke with rendered "OFP based" image? Looks like i underestimated the graphic of ArmA. It looks maybe even better than my rendering smile_o.gif)

OFP_rsshot_th.jpg

I honestly wouldn't be suprised if that is what sparked BIS's interest.

I do have a question but its texture related and probably better asked through PM however this may be something that BIS doesn't want to happen so I'll ask publicly so I can know for sure.

Provided files are the same type,would it be possible to host an image of the blackhawks texture,normal map included? The reason I am asking this is because I am curious as to how they managed to fit all that detail on a 2048x2048 (at most?) file.

And what do ya mean maybe? It looks better than the render (no offense) except for the shadow of the tree,so far I haven't seen any shadows reflect onto the vehicles like that in any images or videos.

No that was a render done when Armed Assault was first announced (I believe),Ian made it as a joke,the community took it seriously and apparently BIS used it a reference of sorts.

Provided files are the same type,would it be possible to host an image of the blackhawks texture,normal map included? The reason I am asking this is because I am curious as to how they managed to fit all that detail on a 2048x2048 (at most?) file.

Small part of one of the textures (1:1), with corresponding part of NO map and specularmap:

UH60_example_tex.jpg

And now if you'll excuse me goodnight.gif

wink_o.gif