Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

Short video composed of screenshots from our last squadnight Operation Blueguard on Uhao.

Last saturday I discovered a feature that enables romantic dancing for two. inlove.gif

EDIT:

SoldierX has uploaded the vid to the AAW youtube channel so you can watch it here: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=IjE0naFPKMo

Is it supposed to be only available for Australians?  confused_o.gif

what a wonderful movie from sin, the slow mo in beginning really gives a kick to the movie.

Here is another nice little video, called "Opération sauvetage"

click to watch

Maybe Vimeo starts enforcing the "no gaming" policy they announced earlier this year. BWMod channel is still there though  huh.gif

I was actually starting to hope they were forgetting their own new announced policy.....

Lets hope this is not the start of it sad_o.gif

Any chance the video can be uploaded elsewhere? I would like to see it as well wink_o.gif

I'll tell you what the problem is with Vimeo it's not the gameplay rule it's that most of you guys put the official BI/ArmA logo at the start of your movies so it looks like a gameplay trailer and anything looking like an official advert for game X or anything else commercial will get removed.

On another note I've heard from a lot of people who are increasingly having videos removed from youtube due to music copyrights and Hans Zimmer beloved of many a million flight sim and combat video is top of the list so..... beware. whistle.gif

I'll tell you what the problem is with Vimeo it's not the gameplay rule it's that most of you guys put the official BI/ArmA logo at the start of your movies so it looks like a gameplay trailer and anything looking like an official advert for game X or anything else commercial will get removed.

They specifically said that videos of people just playing games would not be allowed due to bandwidth costs. It should be written in their rules now. Things like trailers should be allowed though.

Best to just use a site like YouTube  smile_o.gif

[quote name=wolfbics,Nov. 03

Where they delete videos for no reason at all rofl.gif

They specifically said that videos of people just playing games would not be allowed due to bandwidth costs. It should be written in their rules now. Things like trailers should be allowed though.

Yes, that's true, but it's "gameplay" they mean. If you make something that qualifies as "machinima" which admittedly is fairly impossible to define it's OK. A few people have even asked the admin in the forum to check their stuff to see that it qualifies as machinima in their view. The main problem is still that any glimpse of the words Sega, UBI, or any official logo on a movie and it's deemed commercial and deleted, also they actively encourage people in the forum to go around flagging this stuff up and the old hardcore Vimeo users who hate virtual movies anyway are only too happy to do so, particulalry anything that looks like an official game trailer.

As for youtube, if they actually made an effort to improve the sound quality to match the new high res visuals or offered HD or unlimited length without being a "director" but for me sound is the main issue it's absolutely terrible.

I'm not waving the Vimeo flag BTW I actually prefer blip tv.

As per my previous post, youtube are also clamping down on content, here's a post from another forum which is one of two I've seen recently regarding Hans Zim.

Got this E-mail today:

"Dear kempet,

Video Disabled

A copyright owner has claimed it owns some or all of the audio content in your video SB Generals vs Panzerbattalion 911 - Jericho. The audio content identified in your video is Hunger by Hans Zimmer. We regret to inform you that your video has been blocked from playback due to a music rights issue.

Replace Your Audio with AudioSwap

Don't worry, we have plenty of music available for your use. Please visit our AudioSwap library to learn how you can easily replace the audio in your video with any track from our growing library of fully licensed songs.

Other Options

If you think there's been a mistake, or you have other questions, please visit the Copyright Notice page in your account.

Sincerely,

The YouTube Content Identification Team"

I had something similair since yesterday on youtube but video`s being deleted for no reason is just blah.

Best thing I/you can do is redo the video and use some other music and hope I don`t get another one, or the video is being refused.

Quote[/b] ]UMG has claimed some or all of the audio content in your video ArmA mod FUN [RACS]. This claim was made as part of the YouTube Content Identification programme.

Your video is still live because UMG has authorised the use of this content on YouTube.

Your video "ArmA mod FUN [RACS]" is still available because UMG does not object to this content appearing on YouTube at this time. As long as UMG has a claim on your video, they will receive public statistics about your video, such as number of views. Viewers may also see advertising on your video's page.

Claim Details:

Copyright owner: UMG

Content claimed: Some or all of the audio content

Policy: Allow this content to remain on YouTube.

Place advertisements on this video's watch page.

Applies to these locations:

Canada, Japan, United States

UMG claimed this content as a part of the YouTube Content Identification programme. YouTube allows partners to review YouTube videos for content to which they own the rights. Partners may use our automated video/audio matching system to identify their content, or they may manually review videos.

You have the following options:

Do Nothing

Your video will continue to play uninterrupted everywhere.

Dispute Claim

If you believe that this claim was made in error, or that you are otherwise authorised to use the content at issue, you can dispute this claim with UMG. You will be guided through a web-based form, and your dispute will be passed to them for review.

Please note that if you dispute the claim made against your video, we will make your video available for view by the alleged rights owner. This is necessary for the rights owner to review the dispute and this will happen regardless of the privacy settings you placed on your video. If your video is private and you are not willing to allow the alleged rights owner to view it, we cannot accept a claim dispute unfortunately. However, if your video is private, this will be clearly notified to the rights owner at the time of viewing your video and they are required to respect the privacy and confidentiality of your video.

It happens. I saw this V-logging biker who had close to 900 videos and hundreds of subscribers, with no music ripped or other rights violated, and he had hes channel taken down without any notifications and reasons mentioned. That has to suck.

But enough about that.

i also got a video from youtube blocked as it had good old VoodooChild of Jimmy Hendrix playing.. ><

I just got a video blocked too,

ARMA - Careless.avi

Rejected (blocked by content owner.)

Music was from gladiator OST..

The Wheat by Yvonne S. Moriarty

It's not my favourite movie of mine so i'm not that gutted  rofl.gif

Out of curiosity; has it ever occurred to anyone that got a video blocked for music rights violations if maybe they should get consent before distributing the video with said music? There's a reason that these videos are getting blocked, it's because the music belongs to someone. I'm no copyright attorney or anything, but it just seems to me that if one is going to distribute something publicly using someone else's property, it would behoove one to retain permission to distribute first. Otherwise, there are dozens of places to get music that doesn't violate any copyrights, and there is even software that can make music very easily (Fruity Loops, for example). Just my two cents.

People should count themselves lucky for just getting videos removed, the copyright owners could well have sued if they had chosen too.

But aye, there are plenty of places such as Newgrounds, where artists are happy to let you use their music if you ask and give credit.

Yes, granted, but I'm trying to picure a scenario where I ask Hans Zimmer for permission to use his music in a video and amazingly he agrees! I stick it up on youtube with permission granted, blah, blah, in the credits and they still remove it as it's obviously a joke in their view. I'm now in a legal battle with youtube involving lawyers to get my video re-instated, all this for an amatuer game video made for my own amusement and no profit.

Also the copyright music law gets a bit vague when it comes to games as I see it. Here's what I 've never figured out, lets say I make a gameplay video of say Op Flashpoint with the actual in-game music playing in the background and post it on a site, presumably thats not breaking copyright laws? I then take the same piece of music by the same composer and add it to a video I've made of flight sim X, am I now in breach of copyright because it's not the default music of that game? if I am then the original gameplay video must also be a breach of music copyright simply because I made it public. I mean if you take this down to the Nth degree you probably cant make an in game video without permission?

You are not allowed to watch your Display while you are gaming. biggrin_o.gif

As far as i know, you get a license to consume the game itself but all shown content belongs to the author. That wouldnt allow you to make your gamevideos public. (like you are not allowed to show movie-parts...) But the gameindustry is aware that these gamevideos and trailers are free advertisment for their own products, where every player gets his own impressions based on what he is doing in the game. Music and Movies which are all the same all times, less time-consuming and easy to remember have a once sold value. Thats why they want you to consume it after you purchased it.

Money is ruling the world and as long as ppl get their money, they dont care about their copyright...

Typing, spelling or whatever mistakes in this post are protected by the copyright. If you want to quote me, correct them. tounge2.gif

Aushilfe is right, but I'd like to go a little further with it.  If you take music from one form of media (doesn't matter which) and put it into a different form of media (like a different movie, a different photo, whatever) then you have created a derived work.  However, derived works are very vaguely defined (and protected) so companies like YouTube and Vimeo are just covering their butts by taking down stuff that could get them in trouble.  It's their site(s), so they have the obligation to try and keep themselves from entering potential copyright violation lawsuits.  Their attitude is, "If you don't like the rules, find another site to post on that gets so many billion hits, has so much tons of bandwidth, etc." and to be honest, that's their right.

I doubt that anyone is going to get Hans Zimmer's permission to make a game video, but there are tons and tons of non-copyright protected songs out there that can be used in that song's place.  There's no reason it has to be Hans Zimmer (or any other artist), right?

Wolfbics, if you're really suing YouTube over a game video, good luck.  Hopefully your attorney is doing it pro bono, or else you're probably throwing your money down the toilet.  YouTube has the right to police their website their way.  It's the old adage of "We reserve the right to refuse service for any reason."  I'm not going to get into a legal debate on the ArmA forums, but I do wish you the best of luck.  It will be a tough, very very very uphill battle.

All I'm saying is, if you use copyrighted music (or whatever) in your video, don't be surprised if someone asks (or tells) you to take it down.  This even applies to game videos, which are traditionally very lenient.  At some point, any of those copyright owners might come back and invoke their copyright rights.  The only way to avoid this potential problem now and at any point in the future is to not use anything copyrighted, as unreasonable as that seems, it's not hard to make your own music or get open-rights music at the least.

Namikaze:

Quote[/b] ]...but I'm trying to picure a scenario where I ask Hans Zimmer for permission to use his music in a video...

I thought he was actually doing it too, to begin with. smile_o.gif

Wolfbics, if you're really suing YouTube over a game video, good luck.  Hopefully your attorney is doing it pro bono, or else you're probably throwing your money down the toilet.  YouTube has the right to police their website their way.  

Lol. no It's an illustration of how they would react if you actually did get permission from Hans Zim and stick it on a two cent game video, I personally have never used the guy but am guilty of using other composers mostly who do game music, yes it's a tricky subject, particularly as theyr'e clamping down on it, anyway lets not dwell too much as the whole video thread is getting derailed.  wink_o.gif