Sign in to follow this  
el_muerko

ArmAs Cover Art

And that stopped the parents from buying the game...when?

Oh FFS, you can't tell me that a confusing name like Armed Assault is actually a good thing. The first visual the name brings up is crime, not combat. Would that affect sales? I think it would, maybe not enough to make an enormous difference, but it will.

I'm old enough to have kids over the legal age, so I've come to have a more "parental" view on things like this. It's different when you buy things for yourself than it is to buy things for "impressionable children."

I'm just giving my opinion. You might not think it's a big deal, and it may not be, but I think the name doesn't suit it and will affect it's sales at least here in the US. I hope I'm wroing though.

And to answer your question. I'm not sure that it has TBH, I'm speculating on the marketing aspects just like everyone else here.

OFP GOTY was sold in Europe with an age recommendation of 16+ (while the original OFP CWC was sold at an irresponsible in my view 12+).

So i highly doubt Armed Assault will get a lower recommendation than 16.

I don't think at 16 years old you or anyone was an impressionable children wink_o.gif At least back to 17 years in the past , when i was 16 i was not really impressionable anymore.

OK, point taken. I was personally thinking of the Christmas gift giving season rather than just kids coming in off the street. Again, I may be totally off base with this. It's just my opinion based on what I see as a name that conjures up images of things other than a realistic milsim. I'm just reading into it too much.

OFP GOTY was sold in Europe with an age recommendation of 16+ (while the original OFP CWC was sold at an irresponsible in my view 12+).

strange.... i live in the EU, and my CWC came with a 15+ reccomendation... and for once it wasn't a british rating, it was the european one (made obvious by the european flag behind it - lol)

Strange indeed, as here is the scan of the age recommandation part of the OFP:CWC i bought the 1st year of the appearance of OFP , just after the 1st or 2nd patch :

dfdfbgdbdys1.jpg

So maybe it was just in France (i always thought Codemasters had the same release and requirements for each countries back in those days ?)

I learn a new thing everyday wink_o.gif

In the US OFP was 17+ but OFP:Elite was 13+. BIS improved the blood and gore for Elite but ERSB rates it 13+?! WTF? I think they were just really put off by the horrible voice acting in the campaigns.

@Sanc - yeah, i think that may be the french rating, the european one has the ELSPA logo plastered all over it:

elspa15+.gif

@Chipper - its more than likely changing times and opinions - people are becoming more and more desensitised to what consists a violent computer game with blood and gore etc... the same can be said with films today (take the exorcist, banned in the UK in its day, but today its more of a comedy than anything)

Agree totally with what you say about the Exorcist, at the risk of being shot by a mod. First time I saw it I laughed, especially when the devil showed up for .1 of a second - I thought it was Captain Flash or something. rofl.gif

Plus it's not like the "gore" in Flashpoint is that bad. Missing limbs and tank shell-facilitated disembowelment would be gory, not the happy tomato sauce spillage we see in OFP. Is this different in OFP:E? I don't have the pleasure of owning an X-Box meself.

This new cover art isn't so good. Why wouldn't you make the guy aiming at you in the cover? It sure does catch people's attention, unlike this current cover which is so basic it can ever be. IRL pictures are better than some poor 3d art. Just my thoughts.

Leopardi

My idea of something like what the cover should look like, based off Llumas cover of the black, I just bolstered it up a bit to start with, then got bored and ended up with this.

Caution though, the file is 1.1mb

Cobras Cover

That looks great! wow_o.gif

i concur  yay.gif

excellent job there cobra

Bravo, you may be right ... 18 might be more appropriate. tounge2.gif

Jesus, yet another example of how this forum community makes sooooo much out of so little.

I had a 15 certificate logo on my computer, I used it, doesn't mean ArmA is going to be a 15 ffs.

This is just another example of how stuff gets blown completely out of the water over nothing on this forum. You people need to calm down.

@Sanctuary: I also do have an original version of OFP:CWC it doesn't even have an age recommendation on it, I live in Holland that's probably a good explenation for it.

I love the given covers, but as pointed. The new logo rocks, that on a black bg is enough for me smile_o.gif

Although I also love the classic OFP cover style. At least let ArmA also have those transparant boxes, I'd loved that on the OFP box smile_o.gif

My idea of something like what the cover should look like, based off Llumas cover of the black, I just bolstered it up a bit to start with, then got bored and ended up with this.

Caution though, the file is 1.1mb

Cobras Cover

That looks great! wow_o.gif

i concur yay.gif

excellent job there cobra

I agree. Perhaps you could try swapping the stryker on the front for the tank that's currently on the back. How would that look?

aa_f.jpg

I must say i like russian cover better, dunno why they still call it Operation Flashpoint 2 tho crazy_o.gif

Maybe russian publisher don't care about Codemaster as they got no power there? smile_o.gif)) (something like "You can kiss my ... with your west TM laws smile_o.gif" )

Maybe russian publisher don't care about Codemaster as they got no power there? smile_o.gif)) (something like "You can kiss my ... with your west TM laws smile_o.gif" )

LOL THTS TOTALY AWSOME.. GO RUSSIANS LOL rofl.gif

Mixed BF2 style 2 with big Operation Flashpoint 2 Name and a small ArmA text.. LOL!!! i think they want to tell people this is the real OFP2 lol rofl.gif

Gd tho.. infact i love it haha

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]OPERATION FLASHPOINT IS THE >>> US <<< REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF CODEMASTER SOFTWARE COMPANY LTD. THE ORIGINAL PRODUCTS ADVERTISED ON THIS WEBSITE ARE SOLD AND DISTRIBUTED BY BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE STUDIO S.R.O., WHICH IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH, AUTHORIZED BY OR RELATED TO THE TRADEMARK OWNER.

I supose that's the reason they call it OFP2. Well I dunno yay.gif

I think localized box arts are needed... maybe, something like this?

rofl.gif

Why the red text?

Why not just black and white with the old fonts?

[ig]http://www.bistudio.com/pics/games/armed_logo.png[/img]

With that red and black it looks like a logo for a basketball game, like EA Sports or something.. confused_o.gif

Please improve it somehow.

something more like this:

[im]http://bravocompany.home.sapo.pt/posts/armed_logo1.jpg[/img]

ps- Not that i care about the Box, i really don't but i think it would be better with the old fonts. Would be more agressive and kinda more respectfull (understand who can)

anyone got the white version of this?

Matt Rochelle getting a warning level for refusing to remove image tags when quoting would be pretty stupid, but if you don't start removing them that's what will happen. Please remove image tags when quoting.