Sign in to follow this  
el_muerko

ArmAs Cover Art

the original one was excellent, a real classic.

I couldn't care less about the box though. The new one isn't particularly bad, or stunning either.

The original one was good back then but now adays you don't see Real life pictures in video game covers...its tacky and cliche.

Also, I assume this itn the final box cover. Publishers usually make covers

None of the CG "box covers" are really appealing to me, I'd rather see one with something from a real picture and edited in Photoshop.

LoL I've seen that before. First one person posts the wrong box cover then other senseless people follow up. Cause "they did it so it must be right". rofl.gif

Arghhh! crazy_o.gif .

The hell??? Load your guns Placebo pistols.gif .

What the....

"The ultimate realistic combat simulation experience brought to you by the creators of Operation Flashpoint*. recharges in a new engine with additional fresh, modern time setting. Freedom of action and immersive complex environments blended with unique touch of total realism return in this new game

Features:

- Fight along with the Third U.S. Army as they slice through the German Wehrmacht, engaging the enemy in famous battles

- Use strategic tank & air assaults to defeat the Germans in Leningrad, the Kasserine Pass, the Bridge at Remagen, and D-Day

- Practice your maneuvers offline, or connect to fierce firefights with players around the world

- Customize settings to make it a new combat experience every time!!"

Guest Ti0n3r

Hmm, so this is Patton eh? biggrin_o.gif

Arghhh!  crazy_o.gif .

The hell??? Load your guns Placebo pistols.gif .

Email sent smile_o.gif

You might consider to send a mail to CNet.com too. They got the same info as Gamershell.com has. I've tried several times to complain to them, but they never listen. mad_o.gif

LOL, gamershell said they've added new screenshots. None of those are new. biggrin_o.gif

"giving bad reputation" to the game is not good at all. confused_o.gif

I think something similar as the latest cover with more color that stands out better would be fine.

Did a very quick edit giving the background pic more color and just color filled the text, doesn't have to be green but I think the green text would stand out better on shelves then the white.

Arma.jpg

The white would be more sensible but I think something like the green would stand out better on shelves, a cover that gets peoples attention more then the others around it would deffinitely sell better unless a fan is buying it which allready knows exactly what to look for.

The white would be more sensible but I think something like the green would stand out better on shelves, a cover that gets peoples attention more then the others around it would deffinitely sell better unless a fan is buying it which allready knows exactly what to look for.

Very true... Having the box stand out would sell to casual players that are in the store looking at pc games. "OH WOW, Whats this?!"

I think the contrast of black and white stands out better.

Err and looks better lol.

Yeah, the green catches your eye faster, but the white looks much better. Shows it can be worked on to catch your eye faster though.

Daniel @ Aug. 09 2006,00:19)]Yeah, the green catches your eye faster, but the white looks much better. Shows it can be worked on to catch your eye faster though.

A large flashy neon sign would catch your eye better, but if it doesn't look right, or doesn't fit with the rest of the artwork, it sucks.. wink_o.gif

- Ben

No doubt the publisher has a lot of well paid people that have got a lot of experience in marketing, possibly even higher education degrees, on what sells and what does not.

No point telling BIS what to do, you might as well go bang your head against a brick all and expect it to move...