Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.0 Total conversion pack

Hi,soldiers.

I'm those who are making MOD called REM in Japan.

Although it seems that some models are diverted from REM in FFUR this time, there is one advice.

I convert almost all models without permission to the author.

so I had distributed only for [ a part of ] Japanese.

if used in FFUR,  I will think that the problem on copyright may occur.

In that case, I declare beforehand that it can have no responsibility.

thank you.

dont know im the only one having this oppinion but....

could we please get the old round parachutes back?

the green ones?

not likely that you will use HALO or HAHO jumps in OFP....

and if so, you could just use the HALO units with square parachutes (wasnt it FDF that did something like that? though you had to add a gamelogic to use square chutes if i remember correctly)

anyway... i dont really like the square chutes...

and i got 2 reasons for it.

1: Pilots dont use square chutes afaik, they use round "resque chutes"

2: i havnt encountered many missions where units jump from higher altitude then 150-200m

and IRL you would use round chutes then...

it shouldnt be too much of a change i think...

I would really like to see russian soldiers withoug the big rucksacks.

I have several videos where they don't wear such rucksacks, only their weapons and a few pouches with ammunition.

Storm on Grozny

http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=5721595518103156536

No soldier is wearing such a big rucksack, they only wear their "body armor", ammunition and the weapon.

Cool video. I wonder if I can download that into my comp...

Hi,soldiers.

I'm those who are making MOD called REM in Japan.

Although it seems that some models are diverted from REM in FFUR this time, there is one advice.

I convert almost all models without permission to the author.

so I had distributed only for [ a part of ] Japanese.

if used in FFUR,  I will think that the problem on copyright may occur.

In that case, I declare beforehand that it can have no responsibility.

thank you.

TB told me bout your REM mod, good job on it! You should think about getting permissions and release it to everyone tho.

Just an idea...

Why not add the ability for any given soldier to choose any given weapon.

Por example. I´ve seen pictures and footage of American special forces carrying both M-16 and AK-74 on combat operations. Russian Spetsnaz in Chechnya often carry the standard AK-74M on combat operations over the silenced version.

The video offered to us by Mister XY shows that the combination of AK and grenade launcher are widespread in the Russian army. This gives the Russian infantry a massive amunt of firepower over any of their rivals. Why not make the the AK+GP-25 combo more widespread as well.

There, my two cents!!!!

yay.gif

That can be done easily via the init line (removeall and addweapon commands etc).

That can be done easily via the init line (removeall and addweapon commands etc).

Any special tools I need to do that?

keep your two pennies to yourself, its not gonna happen

Two words for you, mate: Anger Managment!

Did You think about add new Russian mechanized infantry made by ORCS?

That addon are great, but maybe make a little lag.

Guest Ti0n3r

Anything using the BIS head model would be very welcome... But I know, that would take too long time.

I think most people would prefer the RHS models. However, considering that the Russians are getting the RPK74, perhaps the FIA could have the regualr RPK in ORCS weapons pack?

I think most people would prefer the RHS models. However, considering that the Russians are getting the RPK74, perhaps the FIA could have the regualr RPK in ORCS weapons pack?

I asked the same question earlier and got no answer. I hope they include it. I also prefer the RHS models over orcs.

ch_123, Big-Rooney...hehe wink_o.gif

Hi TB, good news yay.gif

But I recomendied insert in this pack ORCS Motorized Infantry and Military Recon v. 3.0 and Russian Weapons Pack v. 4.0. ( instead of RHS ) sory my english banghead.gifORCS

Marijus!

Do you really think that everyone here would approve such a replacement. Most people prefer RHS models for their more natural and less cartoonish look. But the major problem is the author's permission, as far as I know ORCS never gave TB one. (such a loss..why nobody regrets, ah?? rofl.gif)

BTW. Seems like you don't know Denorc good enough..he's a "hellish flamebaiter"(from his words) pistols.gifrofl.gif

Sorry for self-quoting guys, but... totally agree!

I'm fairly sure Tarik made that "new" Vulcan from the CBT M113... or maybe they made it for him. Whatever the case, it looks mighty fine.

Hi all,

Quote[/b] ]Does the T-90 cause any lag for anyone else, i just played "Steel Punch" from the retalliation campaign and it lagged pretty badly?

The T-90 Doesn't cause any lag as long as it is used without the scripts that come with it.

Quote[/b] ]Thunderbird i may be able to fix you up with an unreleased animation pack of mine.

Thank you.

Quote[/b] ]Why did you guys replace the Apache with the lamo BIS remake one?

->Franze's Apache/Longbow helicopters replaced by Marco-Polo's to reduce the lag during huge battles, due

to the amount of necessary scripts needed by Franze helicopters., and Marco's Helicopters are that bad, they are quite decent imho.

Quote[/b] ]could we please get the old round parachutes back?

Envisaged to include 'BIS parachutes' more than once but withdrew it due to the lack of informations about the current 'Parachutes' being used by the US Army, we would certainly put back BIS 'circular' parachutes then.

Quote[/b] ]Why not add the ability for any given soldier to choose any given weapon.

Officially, soldiers use the firearms they are supposed to receive.

Quote[/b] ]the FIA could have the regualr RPK in ORCS weapons pack

Res units might get the RPK-47 (From The WWIII mod if they would grant persmission), but wait'n see. ;-)

Quote[/b] ]yo...where is that vulcan from? does it come in desert?

I'm fairly sure Tarik made that "new" Vulcan from the CBT M113

Heh, I would have liked it'd be mine but it has been done by the REM mod (a-christ) though, as mentioned in the news post

->(Thanks to the REM/Combat mods for the vulcan model).

Quote[/b] ]Did You think about add new Russian mechanized infantry made by ORCS?

I do not want to start a flame-war on which one is better than another one, both of them look very good in my judgement and both seem to be authentic, but Denorc disagrees about supporting us as long as RHS models are used in the FFUR Mod, and that simply makes no sense to me.

Quote[/b] ]FFUR vs CSLA 2 ?

There is no competition between both mods and there would never be, simply because both of them don't have the same objectives, whereas we are trying to upgrade 'Operation Flashpoint' by enhancing its main aspects (greatly supported and encouraged by the community), the great CSLA mod is mainly focused on representing 'virtually' the military forces of a nation, by carrying out 'high quality' models and missions.

Quote[/b] ]Two words for you, mate: Anger Managment!

I'm sure Olemiss didn't mean to be so harsh, he's just trying to keep the thread going on topic.

Anyways, thanks everyone for the kind words, we would try to accomplish the patch before I'd have to leave again.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

Decent maybe but his apache is more or less a compilation of other apache's with skins that other people made,not his own. Okay so there may be an MFD texture,it doesn't do anything for one.

Didn't they mention there is a way to start without any of the scripts..meh maybe they should make a simplified version,anything is better than a remake thats been made over and over while nobody else makes something new. I mean hell you look at all of these vehicles that somebody has made somethin new of,but everyone stayed with the same horrible incorrect apache except one.

I'm not saying that MPIV's apache is crap,but what does it do that any of the other BIS remakes can't? Hell BOH's atleast had an animated map.