Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.0 Total conversion pack

One bug(?)

I cant see in the last scene(dead of V.Troska) beacuz scripts are messed up,so I can see only a one civilian,thats all sad_o.gif

It allways happens only with FFUR

Yes I get it too !!!

i dont find any MP config.bin in my ffur folder. where can i get one fr test MP game huh.gif?

Quote[/b] ]i dont find any MP config.bin in my ffur folder. where can i get one fr test MP game

As previously stated several times in the thread the MP and ACU configs are going to be released soon.

It's been said that the MP config will be coming out soon as well as an ACU config.

I found another bug last night that greatly effects the MP gameplay aspect of this mod. When you eject from the A10 shrapnell flies everywhere causing lagg that even high end computers have a hard time handeling.

On King of my Castle from PMC Fury campaign the game will start to chug as it goes along, eventualy reaching single digits in frame rates and crashing (like a memory leak). The save point once you initialy clean out the castle takes a while to save.

Euro pack doesn't have this problem.

One bug(?)

I cant see in the last scene(dead of V.Troska) beacuz scripts are messed up,so I can see only a one civilian,thats all sad_o.gif

It allways happens only with FFUR

1):This issue is caused by the explosion effect of the planes. The script completly removes the plane amd places about 10 different objects to simulate complete destruction, this causes a half a second freeze and some heavy lag. Crash a su-39 and you'll see for yourself. The half a second freeze causes the camera movements to cease and you get the view of the player unit until the entire cutscene ends.

2):On the subject of what TB is doing in his own time. The man has the right to do anything with his own time, he does not have to dedicate himself to the world of OFP. I know we would all like him too, but that ain't gonna happen.

Here's a nice LITTLE bug.

the stationary machine guns for the west side are .50. The Blackhawks have .50. All of the Tanks have .50. The M113 has a .50. and there's no sound in this mod for a .50.

Almost every vehical in this mod has not sound for a .50 on the west side! Not only that but the G36 on the west side also has no sound.

Trying to make a decent mission out of a bunch of addons that have been edited with .50cal with no sound is like ripping the hair outta my bald head!

Quote[/b] ]the stationary machine guns for the west side are .50. The Blackhawks have .50. All of the Tanks have .50. The M113 has a .50. and there's no sound in this mod for a .50.

Almost every vehical in this mod has not sound for a .50 on the west side! Not only that but the G36 on the west side also has no sound.

Just tried and i get sounds for every .50 cal weapon in the mod and a sound for the G36 must be a corupt installaton on your end? crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]the stationary machine guns for the west side are .50. The Blackhawks have .50. All of the Tanks have .50. The M113 has a .50. and there's no sound in this mod for a .50.

Just tried and i get sounds for every .50 cal weapon in the mod and a sound for the G36 must be a corupt installaton on your end? crazy_o.gif

i get sounds for g36 but not for 50 cals

Hi,

You should not experience any 'sound' problem if you'd run the "ffur2006" as standalone mod, (without the use of any 'extra' addons).

Btw, here's the list of all enhancements and bug fixes that should be accomplished within a couple of days.

-Major Upgrade of the US Army personnel models (Including Special Forces).

-Update of the 'AI combat skills' and dispersion values increased a lot in order to make combat more immersive, strategic and authentic.

-Several useless scripts will be disabled to decrease the fps level during huge battles. (Jet Fighters crashes Fx, M203/GP-25/MM-1 Smoke Fx, Turrets blowing off Fx... etc)

-'Material Fx' would be enabled for all models.

-New M16, M4, AK 74/47, PK sounds, directly inspired from Chammy's sound pack.

-Update of the Animations (Combo of 456820 and Sanctuary animations packs).

-Upgrade of the M1A1.

-New music selection list done by zGuba

-Wilco's ArmA Radio ending instead of BIS one.

-US light infantry will have the M4 (semi, and burst) and if they are mechanized, the M16A4 [Aimpoint]. (Cheers to Olemissrebel, our new military advisor).

-Included the RPK-74 to the russian infantry. (RHS Model).

-Fixed the 'Mission Editor Wizard'.

-Fixed the 'textures ratio' for the MP issue.

-Fixed the error message that happens online.

There would certainly be new units, firearms and model changes, we will try to keep you informed about the progress.

Btw, here is a shot of the current status of the new woodland soldier (After a couple of hours spent this weekend):

bdulr1.jpg

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

tnx for the update TB smile_o.gif

I really like the US woodland infantry !

a suggestiong :

Theres great models of Wrecked Urals in The Spetsnaz mod Ural pack, u can replace the BIS Ural Wreck with one of them.

Also theres a destroyed HMMV pack made by fischop I think {something like that} that would be a good replace for BIS's wrecked jeeps. just a suggestion.

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]Included the RPK-74 to the russian infantry. (RHS Model).

notworthy.gif

-Several useless scripts will be disabled to decrease the fps level during huge battles. (Jet Fighters crashes Fx, M203/GP-25/MM-1 Smoke Fx, Turrets blowing off Fx... etc)

The fixes are great and much needed for the most part but I really love the grenade smoke trail fx! Can you at least make them optional in the config somewhere for example just put // in front of the smoke trail code and I'll enable it myself?

I liked the turrets blowing off but the smoke from it lagged to much it seemed much thicker than regular smoke. Maybe consider decreasing the amount of smoke when this effect happens.

Another suggestion is that you use CameronMcdonald's faceplant infantry. But I guess you would have to remove the new head model. But these are the best looking ACU units to date IMO.

ACU Soldiers!

Guest Ti0n3r

Nah, the FFUR ACU's are the best ones :P

Btw, are the M240B & M249 recoils authentic? The PKM recoil is perfect, but aren't the M' ones a little too light right now?

Cheers.

I agree that Cameron McDonald's ACU soldiers are the best for OFP. I feel its the knee-pads that let down the FFUR ACU units. Doesn't really matter though as I don't use the ACU config anyway - Woodland BDUs all the way wink_o.gif

Nah, the FFUR ACU's are the best ones :P

Btw, are the M240B & M249 recoils authentic? The PKM recoil is perfect, but aren't the M' ones a little too light right now?

Cheers.

the saw has almoist no recoil in real life, and the m240 is so heavy, what recoil it would have is drowned out by its extreme weight.

I'm also experiencing the .50 cal missing sound bug, and I can't see an MP briefing, it's just all grey (you can see the map around the edges of the grey box) but apart from these, everythin's working fine! We played different CTIs (2 of us, 2 computer LAN) for hours without a single crash or error. Excellent! thumbs-up.gif

The BDU guys look very cool.

Cant wait for the patch and if its going to further more reduce the amount of fps drop then thats super i got reasonable fps before but i do have a very old comp.

Nice update, TB I notice you mentioned that your replacing the M4A1 with the M4, will these still retain the Aimpoint optics? and would you consider replacing the Reflex that the officer units use with a Eotech Holosight?

As for those discussing ACU units, I personally see nothing wrong with FFUR's ones, they're fairly decent IMO, don't have any complaints with the kneepads either.

That said the faceplant ACU units that CameronMcdonald and his team worked on are definitely nice aswell, espiecally considering the fact that all their gear is ACU.

Another question for TB, if in the future you decide to make a "new" desert themed FFUR (to bring it up-to-date with FFUR 06 v2), would you be making "new" 3 colour desert camo infantry? or just using the camo from HYKs or LSRs packs?

yay.gifyay.gif It feels like christmas. Nice update TB. Love the BDU troops. Love the inclusion of the RPK-74. What about the RPK-47 for resistance troops, just a thought.

Another sound that is gone is when you stand up or get on your knee. You don't hear anything, only when crouching and getting up again. With all the weapons and things the soldier is carrying there should be alots of sounds when running or just walking. Remember satchel's sound? You could hear a water canteen etc things like that. I am more a sound freak than graphics.

And tb if its possible and if YOU want please don't removed too much things that are already cool :P Like the turret blowing off. It doesn't lag only the smoke its not right. thx wink_o.gif

-Wilco's ArmA Radio ending instead of BIS one.

Nothing agianst Wilco's work, but I find this peeping pretty annoying.