Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.0 Total conversion pack

I'd like to see the smoke trails on the grenade launchers go... simply because they don't leave trails in real life

(...)

in the old FFUR thread I noticed HEDP vests/belts were supposed to make a comeback but I guess you changed your mind TB sad_o.gif  Is it possible to add them to the FFUR Magazines list so they can be used in user-made missions by those who want them? that way those who feel they hurt gameplay can keep the 6 40mms in the default units but we can add Vests if we want in the editor  biggrin_o.gif

I fully agree  biggrin_o.gif  you wrote almost exactly what I ment to write today wink_o.gif

[edit] Shortened quote

BTW: Tunguska has crappy blurred textures which aren't in any other FFUR vehicle style  crazy_o.gif  - is it possible to make them quite more similar to ICP tanks (color is OK, but might be darker)?

TB removed the grenade vest cause you could sit there outside a town and bombard it with 24 or so grenades with the vest.

But what about adding the grenade belt it carrys 12 nades and would make it slightly harder to go rambo and kill everyone in the town with them. Plus with long missions it will teach you to use them more sparingly.

TB removed the grenade vest cause you could sit there outside a town and bombard it with 24 or so grenades with the vest.

right mate... thats why I said leave the default units as are with 6 individual grenades, not replace them, and add the vest to the Magazines list so it can be manually added via the mission editor at the editors discretion... this way they wont change anything about the game as it is right now. It just gives the rest of us the option.

BTW: Tunguska has crappy blurred textures which aren't in any other FFUR vehicle style  crazy_o.gif  - is it possible to make them quite more similar to ICP tanks (color is OK, but might be darker)?

Yeah, noticed that too. But I think it's not TB's problem because he's already made his choice of texture wink_o.gif .

Do it yourself, man. Just DL dkmm_tunguska_v2.exe and replace the DKMM_2S6G.p3d model (and therefore textures too) in ..\ffur_ru_arm.pbo\sa19\ to what you prefer from DKMM_TUNGUSKA.pbo (I've changed mine already to woodland camo'ed).

Don't forget to leave model's name in \ffur_ru_arm.pbo\sa19\ unchanged(i.e. DKMM_2S6G.p3d) or you'll have to edit config.cpp wink_o.gif

Cheers!

Thank you TB for the BEST MOD sofar! Extremely well playable.

Very good choice of addons.

I also very much appreciate:

- the explosive bullet impact more FDF like (great looking

reddish instead of the old yellowish)

- the reduced blood splash when hitting body

- excellent tracers from helis, tanks

Questions and suggestions:

1. The heli/tank tracers don't always work. Why?

2. Will you adopt the new small arms tracers (like in UNSUNG)?

- they look much better than the common linear ones.

I hate that Tanguska shit for several reasons:

It shoots down my helicopter 2 fast, when u blow it up it looks like regular Tanguska but only 1 part of it is black and the other is in normal textures, its also called in radio&stuff M256 {something like that} instead of Tanguska [i know that M256 is it's reall name, like Blackhawk's hellicopter is UH-60].

You can use dxdll with every mod, not only with FFUR.

but with dxdll what are the best option? i have a great pc (2gb ram, x800xt pe and p4 3,2ghz..)

anti aliasing work with dxdll?

One of the coolest things inovation-wise in opf to date, is the ability to dump or recrute "command of units at will "as in ecp.Would it be possible to include this function in the next Ffur release?...Or ...if its possible could someone here tell me how to do it myself with the existing ffur?

Heres my config for dxdll. I don't get any lag with it.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">; DXDLL Configuration file

; for boolean values, 1 = true, 0 = false

[General]

; General settings

; useTrilinear: Use trilinear filtering instead of bilinear

; forceNoNightShader: Remove "black & white" effect from night, can also improve performance

; sharpenUI: Uses a higher detail mipmap texture for overlay elements, can make UI text easier to read

; EnhancedTracers: Enhances tracers to make them more visible

; debugOutput: Enables debug output (Using windows OutputDebugString function)

; handlePrintScreen: Grab printscreen keypress for screenshots

; LODbias0: sets normal texture mipmap level of detail, range -1.0(sharp) to 1.0(blurry)

; LODbias1: sets multitexture texture mipmap level of detail, range -1.0(sharp) to 1.0(blurry)

showFPS=1

showStat=0

useTrilinear=1

forceNoNightShader=1

sharpenUI=1

EnhancedTracers=1

debugOutput=0

handlePrintScreen=0

LODbias0=-1

LODbias1=-1

[Postprocessing]

; Postprocessing settings

; Force32bitPostProcessing: Forces use of 32bit color for postprocessing color buffer.

; When using 16bit color, enabling this can improve visual quality without the peformance hit of full 32bit color.

; DisablePPForMap: Disable postprocessing when map visible (mission editor, map)

; UseSpecialNVGPP: Uses a special predefined set of postprocessing settings when nvgoggles are used

; HardLight: Enable "hard light" postprocessing

: HardLightSx: Hard Light strength per color channel (red, green, blue), range 0.0 - 1.0

; Desaturate: Enable desaturation postprocessing

; DesaturateSx: Desaturation strength per color channel (red, green, blue), range 0.0 - 1.0

; Glare: Enable light glare postprocessing

; GlareStrength: Glare strength

; GlareSize: Glare texture size divider, larger values mean larger glare but can cause aliasing

; GlareDarkenSky: Darkens sky by 15% to avoid it from becoming overbright with glare

; GlareUseFade: Uses a fade effect in glare buffer at night time

; GlareForce32bitBuffer: Same as Force32bitPostProcessing, but for glare buffer

UsePostProcessing=1

Force32bitPostProcessing=1

DisablePPForMap=1

UseSpecialNVGPP=1

HardLight=1

HardLightSR=1

HardLightSG=1

HardLightSB=1

Desaturate=1

DesaturateSR=0

DesaturateSG=0

DesaturateSB=0

Glare=1

GlareStrength=0.05

GlareSize=6

GlareDarkenSky=1

GlareUseFade=0

GlareForce32bitBuffer=1

[Reflections]

; Water reflection settings

; sizeX/Y: Reflection texture size. Larger size means a more sharp reflection, but can also decrease performance.

; Some video cards require texture sizes to be in powers of 2, (ie. 256x256, 512x512, 1024x256, etc)

; LODbias: sets reflection texture mipmap level of detail, range -1.0(sharp) to 1.0(blurry)

; UseExpFog: Use exponential fog effect for water.

; Uses more dense fog for water which looks better, though can appear too dense at lower viewdistances

; useLighting: Use lighting for reflections. If disabled, all reflected things appear dark, but it can improve performance

; maxCount: Maximum number of objects visible in reflection. Set to 0 for unlimited amount.

; maxDistance: Maximum distance of objects visible in reflection. Set to 0 for unlimited distance.

; maxHeigh: Maximum height from waterline of objects visible in reflection. Set to 0 for unlimited height.

; bumpStrength: Water bumpmap strength

; clipTolerance: Amount of clipping adjustment done for reflected faces.

; Too low number can cause "see through" bumpmap effect near waterline.

; texOffsetX/Y: Reflection map offset. If reflection appears at wrong position, try adjusting these

useReflections=0

reflectTerrain=1

reflectObjects=0

sizeX=256

sizeY=256

LODbias=-0.5

useExpFog=0

useLighting=0

maxCount=0

maxDistance=0

maxHeight=0

bumpStrength=0

clipTolerance=-0.035

texOffsetX=0.49

texOffsetY=0.49

2 Chipper

1) You don't get any lag with it because you've disabled reflections wink_o.gif . Using em usually cuts fps down to 2/3 or 1/2.

2) Desaturate=1 makes no sense because:

DesaturateSR=0

DesaturateSG=0

DesaturateSB=0

3) UseSpecialNVGPP=1 is not for everyone, because it removes realistic color desaturation at nighttime. Everyone I know in my local OFP community hate having this option enabled.

2 mp_phonix

Quote[/b] ]I hate that Tanguska shit for several reasons:

It shoots down my helicopter 2 fast...

Really?! Listen, in FFUR2006v2 you only encounter "degraded" in abilities Tunguska version to keep the missions balance..let's say it only looks like Tunguska, but inside it still remains Shilka's soul smile_o.gif .

Real one would kill you instantly with 9M311 missiles wow_o.gif.

Quote[/b] ]when u blow it up it looks like regular Tanguska but only 1 part of it is black and the other is in normal textures

If you want vehicle to have common "fold" effect upon destruction just add destrType=destructdefault; to its class definition wink_o.gif .

I'd like to see the smoke trails on the grenade launchers go... simply because they don't leave trails in real life

(...)

in the old FFUR thread I noticed HEDP vests/belts were supposed to make a comeback but I guess you changed your mind TB sad_o.gif  Is it possible to add them to the FFUR Magazines list so they can be used in user-made missions by those who want them? that way those who feel they hurt gameplay can keep the 6 40mms in the default units but we can add Vests if we want in the editor  biggrin_o.gif

I fully agree  biggrin_o.gif  you wrote almost exactly what I ment to write today wink_o.gif

[edit] Shortened quote

Heres a retextured tung...greener/darker exterior,tracks are no longer pinkish in color,added some details and boosted the contrast.this was the camo version I belive?All in all it seems to match the other units more as well as the default terrains

http://www.yousendit.com/transfe....515FE32

2 343rdBadger

Any screens, please?

What is the source of retex, DKMM's woodland or self-made?

Edit: If retex is self-made could you please pack tunguska related files only to make it easier download. Thank you smile_o.gif .

You guys make it sound like it was so easy to mod the game.

I for one have tried unsuccessfuly to change the FOVback to FFUR 2006 specs.

I also want to change the M4 sound to that of FFUR 2006 as well.

Heres a retextured tung...greener/darker exterior,tracks are no longer pinkish in color,added some details and boosted the contrast.this was the camo version I belive?All in all it seems to match the other units more as well as the default terrains

http://www.yousendit.com/transfe....515FE32

Is this a reskin of the DKM one found in FFUR? If so, I trust you have the relevant permissions to edit, alter and release that Tunguska?

Hello All,

This is a “Farewell†of sorts. I realize that my participation level in the modding community has been at a low ebb for quite some time, and I’m posting this as an explanation as to why.

I’ve been offered a full time position as an elementary and alternative visual art instructor, and needless to say, I have eagerly accepted the position. As a result, my wife and I have been swamped with trying to get our house ready for sale, packing up our belongings, and making trips 4.5 hours up north to a temporary storage facility. We’re also in the midst of getting ready a floor of a family member’s home, who is being gracious and generous enough to allow us to live there till we sell the home we currently own. There’s no way that I could’ve accepted this job if we had to make two mortgage payments.

I’ve also been spending time with my former master elementary art teacher who supervised my student teaching, culling from her copious amounts of instructional wisdom and lesson plans. I’m trying to collect as much material as possible, primarily because I have little experience teaching at the elementary level, and since there are six grades being taught, and thus six different lesson/unit plans needing to be written, the workload, needless to say, is going to be very, VERY heavy. And that’s only accounting for the elementary schools; I have a high school alternative ed. program to write lessons for as well.

And there’s MUCH more going on as well – most of it centered around us trying to keep up with my soon to be walking on her own infant daughter.

In short, Real Life is keeping us very busy.

I’m in a position where I have to pull back substantially from contributing to any modding endeavors, but every once in a great while, I am able to play a game for a bit of time, and so don’t be too surprised if I pop up every now and then to give some feedback on some testing I’ve done.

In regards to my contributing designs to mods, please, if you’d like me to come up with a particular design, don’t hesitate to contact me using my EMAIL address. I will do whatever I can to quickly generate a drawing for you. While I occasionally do lurk the modding sites, it’s not often or long enough for me to log in each and every time, so trying to reach me via private messaging is not a reliable means of reaching me.

Furthermore, our temporary abode is on a farm, located far away from cable. I guess that we should just count our blessings that we’re not stuck using smoke signals for a communication device!

I will try to stay as updated as I can, as I am a genuine admirer and fan of this mod. In the past, I used to frequently post warm comments of evaluation; even though I haven’t done so in quite some time, trust me when I say that I have THOROUGHLY enjoyed the recent updates/work that have been posted, I’ve just haven’t had the time to write up my compliments to let you know how I feel about them.

Once again, it’s time for me to go. Even though you won’t hear any detailed feedback from me for the near future, I will still be keeping an eye on your work, and I hope to one day have the time to become a regular contributor once again.

As always,

Yours!

Kyle

;-P

Aug. 17, 2006

i just finished a coop mission running FFUR2006.

when i try to run it from my dedicated server, server crash because texture invalide aspet ratio : - /

any idea ?

2 Chipper

1) You don't get any lag with it because you've disabled reflections wink_o.gif . Using em usually cuts fps down to 2/3 or 1/2.

2) Desaturate=1 makes no sense because:

DesaturateSR=0

DesaturateSG=0

DesaturateSB=0

3) UseSpecialNVGPP=1 is not for everyone, because it removes realistic color desaturation at nighttime. Everyone I know in my local OFP community hate having this option enabled.

2 mp_phonix

Quote[/b] ]I hate that Tanguska shit for several reasons:

It shoots down my helicopter 2 fast...

Really?! Listen, in FFUR2006v2 you only encounter "degraded" in abilities Tunguska version to keep the missions balance..let's say it only looks like Tunguska, but inside it still remains Shilka's soul smile_o.gif .

Real one would kill you instantly with 9M311 missiles wow_o.gif.

Quote[/b] ]when u blow it up it looks like regular Tanguska but only 1 part of it is black and the other is in normal textures

If you want vehicle to have common "fold" effect upon destruction just add destrType=destructdefault; to its class definition wink_o.gif .

Reflections lag me to hell man and I'm running a 7800GS!!!

Anyways it doesn't matter if desaturate is on 1 and the setting are 0 it still looks the same.

Look I just put it up cause those are my settings that I made OFP look the best with to me.  wink_o.gif

And to AtR who asked about my system specs.

AMD Athlon 3000+ XP Processor

1GB RAM (2x 512MB)

XFX GeForce 7800 GS 256MB

MicroTek 18" LCD Monitor

ermm . .bug:

untitledzl3.jpg

The machine gunner and the medic kinda have the same model . .I don't think the machin gunner should have that red cross . .