Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.0 Total conversion pack

do i have to re download the entire pack just to get the ACU config?

i downloaded the first day 2.0 was released, so i dont have any ACU units......

Thunderbird,

Is there any chance of releasing an optional config where there is no magnification of any kind for all weapons that are equipped with non-magnifiying sights, such as iron sights, grenade launcher sights, reflex/aimpoint/EOTech sights?

I've posted a request for help on this topic on these threads: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....1;top and http://groups.google.com/group....cf46500 . So far I haven't received any aid that would enable me to make this mod myself. I'm willing to do it, but I just need some detailed step-by-step directions to get the job done. I'm even willing to make this kind of mod for many of the most popular mods such as ECP, YM2K3, and more...

The reason why I'm so committed to enabling this feature is that I strongly feel that there is a sizeable segment of the OFP community that would like to have the option to using such a beleivable and ultra realistic feature as the one described above. In real life, it's impossible to get a magnified view when using sighting devices that do not actually magnify. Even with controlled breathing, the most that's achieved is an extra degree of clarity in regards to detail and color retention (the human eye quickly looses the ability to see certain colors accurately without blinking/breathing in a controlled and deliberate manner). However, even the best controlled breathing never leads to any kind of "natural" magnification.

The OFP community largely prides itself on its commitment to "realism". This being said, being able to "zoom in" with sighting equipment that doesn't actually magnify anything is a large step towards pure fantasy, and in my opinion, should be utterly removed for this very reason.

Those individuals who groan about the loss of the ability to magnify when using non-magnifying sights should take heart in the huge advantage such sights have over sights that do magnify: it is much easier to keep track of targets that are being observed. I can't count the number of times that I've been eliminated because of my M4's aimpoint scope's utterly magical ability to magnify beyond the point where I'm focusing my attention. I'm leading a running target, bring my aimpoint scope to my eye, I'm now looking past my target, who now has ample time to rotate his body and shoot at me because I'm forced to frantically search for a target that should be clearly visable to me. This problem becomes all the more noticeable and immense in close quarter battles.

If such changes aren't going to be made, any help that could be directed my way at either of the above posted thread links would be greatly appreciated!

In the meantime, Thunderbird, you and your team of contributors have done a fantastic job on this mod. Keep it up!

Yours,

Kyle

Aug. 13, 2006

smile_o.gif

thunderbird84

In your modification you used pack of death animations made by russian animator dezoom without any permission given and even not mentioned him in the readme :F

Do you think its acceptably to misappropriate author's work ?

Oh Gosh, please stop complaining. A mod this complicated bound to had a few names missed. No one is making money out of these mods, so permission or not doesn't matter cause I'm sure the author will be glad his mod is being used, but yeah, better mention the authors name -I'm sure this was just a mistake cause what would TB have to lose if he mentioned the name?

I don't think TB and his team need your comments right now cause it's not that big of a deal.

2 Kyle_K_ski

Good morning, man! (yeah, it's morning at my place smile_o.gif )

That's pretty easy to do yourself. Why should TB bother himself making yet another config?  There'll be never enough configs anyway, you know wink_o.gif

Just change all values of 'opticsZoomMin', 'opticsZoomMax' in 'class CfgWeapons' and 'minFov' value in "class Man:Land" to be equal to 'initFov value' (e.g. minFov=1.00 etc. for current FFUR config) and job's done. You'll be unable to zoom at all biggrin_o.gif .

2ThunderBird

Greetings, mate!  

I'm exploring your new pack's config to customize it for my personal taste.

What amazes me most is such a huge amount of work you've put into it in relatively short period of time. Taking into account your RL, it keeps me wonder, man. wow_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

OK, back to the subject.

Currently I'm trying to implement original Evgeni's seat-eject feature back to Ka-52Alligator. But it keeps crashing me to desktop.

From what I've found so far the game fails to do "_k36 = "Ka52_K36Seat" createVehicle [0,0,0]" in Ka52_eject.sqs/Ka52_eject2.sqs.

I've tried everything I know but in vain banghead.gif .

Now I need your help badly help.gif

(BTW maybe you could implement this cool looking feature in upcoming update.)

Sincerely, Alexander.

Oh Gosh, please stop complaining. A mod this complicated bound to had a few names missed. No one is making money out of these mods, so permission or not doesn't matter cause I'm sure the author will be glad his mod is being used, but yeah, better mention the authors name -I'm sure this was just a mistake cause what would TB have to lose if he mentioned the name?

I don't think TB and his team need your comments right now cause it's not that big of a deal.

Not talking on behalf of addon makers, without whom this mod would not have been possible, are you?

I don't think that so many will feel "honoured" to have their work in the mod that they don't want recognition, Thunderbird goes a long way to get it, but it is important all people involved get their credit.

Getting permission has, and always will matter so long as work from the OFP community is used.

I found a bug where the smoke grenades appear as hand grenades in the gear section! wow_o.gif

Great stuff, keep the updates commin'

Oh, one more thing. Bein a Editor user, I have real problems using the changed mouse cursor. It simply looks wierd.

How about turnin' it back to default!? Or something less fancy!

Oh, one more thing, I had a Unit sniped by a civi, with a Shotgun at almost 200m rofl.gif

My sincer apologies to Dezoom, it's just a human mistake (Huge lapse of memory caused by the large list of author'n mods who are behind the strong community of OFP :-) ), I will add him to the list of credits ASAP with the next incoming patch.

Thanks everyone for the kind words, glad you appreciate the new woodland infantry soldiers, the ACU soldiers will be reworked as well though, and they'd use Cameron's textures. (Cheers to him.)

Quote[/b] ]From what I've found so far the game fails to do "_k36 = "Ka52_K36Seat" createVehicle [0,0,0]" in Ka52_eject.sqs/Ka52_eject2.sqs.

I will check it out, the same goes to the rest of reported bugs in order to fix'em for the incoming patch.

Thank you.

Regards

Thunderbird84

Theres great models of Wrecked Urals in The Spetsnaz mod Ural pack, u can replace the BIS Ural Wreck with one of them.

Also theres a destroyed HMMV pack made by fischop I think {something like that} that would be a good replace for BIS's wrecked jeeps. just a suggestion.

No worries, I've already spotted all of the suggestions previously posted and we would try to make a good use of'em.

wink_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

Found a little bug

Created Resistance Benelli soldier the other day and he could only use his slugs ammunition, there was no option in buckshot. After dropping buckshot ammunition you could not pick it up.

Ohh man I'm really looking forward to the new screenies of the ACU guys!! xmas_o.gif

Is there any chance to implement blackop units?, like the original CWC?

btw i love your mod smile_o.gif !

The new WL guys look good smile_o.gif They should match the russian soldiers in quality and proportion now. My only gripe is the interceptor texture looks out of place with the woodland camo.

I have a question regarding the new AK sound. Where can I find it (folder/file) and who made it?

"-Several useless scripts will be disabled to decrease the fps level during huge battles. (Jet Fighters crashes Fx, M203/GP-25/MM-1 Smoke Fx, Turrets blowing off Fx... etc)"

TB...please please don't exclude the 'turrent blow of' animations in the next release...it's what makes destroying a tank so much fun...but if you do have to take it out,can you include an EASY method for us to put it back in ourselves???...it really does add to the enjoyment. inlove.gif

Quote[/b] ]I have a question regarding the new AK sound. Where can I find it (folder/file) and who made it?

This sound is found in the \FFUR2006\addons\FFUR_sound.pbo file.

Quote[/b] ]"-Several useless scripts will be disabled to decrease the fps level during huge battles. (Jet Fighters crashes Fx, M203/GP-25/MM-1 Smoke Fx, Turrets blowing off Fx... etc)"

TB I also disapprove of the removal of these scripts. There great and add some serious realism to the Mod, Leave the Turret blowing off script in just lower the smoke.

Just wondering in the patch could you replace the destroyed jeeps with THESE they look much better then the current destroyed jeeps and go better with the fact that the jeep is also a humvee.

I'm also against removing these scripts. They really made my OFP fresh and add a huge amount of playability... If you really want to increase FPS, simply decrease number of particles to ~60 percent, their resolution by half, and give ALL intransparent/simply transparented (1/0) textures .PAC extension.

One issue with Mi-24 clocks - variometer is turned down and watch is reversed.

Here's the solution:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class IndicatorVertSpeed

{

selection = "vert_speed";

axis = "osa_vert_speed";

angle = 0; [was -300]

min = -35;

max = 35;

};

(...)

class IndicatorWatch

{

hour = "hodinova";

minute = "minutova";

axis = "osa_time";

reversed = 1; [was 0]

};

I think you should make 2 SP configs - the one with and the second without these FX and wide soldier FOV. Why? Because you lost your time to add these scripts and modifies into config ^^ and these are really GREAT.

Noticed another bug...

Enemy soldiers beyond 220 meters simply dissapear in normal view. I guess this is due to the new FOV.

I'm also against removing these scripts. They really made my OFP fresh and add a huge amount of playability....

Second that! Your mod is perfectly lag-free. Actually, it gives me even less lag than bare ECP1.085e. Don't remove those scripts, they add so much to the game, especially jet fighters crash (Ground Attack II mission for example). inlove.gif

BTW: No offence, please.. but I think some people complaining about mysterious "lag" due to their lack of basic computer/software knowledge and therefore their unability to shut down unneccesary background processes/services and tune their hardware settings correctly.  nener.gif

Edit:shortened quote a bit

Guest Ti0n3r

I think you should keep those scripts wink_o.gif

Noticed another bug...

Enemy soldiers beyond 220 meters simply dissapear in normal view. I guess this is due to the new FOV.

Yes I get it too ! mybe because I have a low spec computers . .{1GHZ, 256ram,g-force 400}

I'd like to see the smoke trails on the grenade launchers go... simply because they don't leave trails in real life (M203s don't at least, never fired a GP25 or know anything about the round, assume they're similar)

They're propelled just like a bullet with a small amount of propellant (small relative to the size of the projectile) and fly slow enough (250 Feet Per Second) to see them with the naked eye. They leave no visible smoke trail.

in the old FFUR thread I noticed HEDP vests/belts were supposed to make a comeback but I guess you changed your mind TB sad_o.gif Is it possible to add them to the FFUR Magazines list so they can be used in user-made missions by those who want them? that way those who feel they hurt gameplay can keep the 6 40mms in the default units but we can add Vests if we want in the editor biggrin_o.gif

I like the 203, s'why I nag about it so much, hopefully I'll re-qual on it soon and be able to carry real ones again smile_o.gif