Sign in to follow this  
Kos'aaK

Any other (ex) Battlefield 2 players?

Hello and welcome TiNM@N, I think I know you from some BF2 related forums tounge2.gif

If it was the EA forums, 2 moderators from there are part of our clan and the third one is posting on our forums as well biggrin_o.gif

ZiiP will be playing ArmA and you can come to our TS if you wish smile_o.gif

If you want to banter about ArmA with BF2 players, be sure to visit http://gaming.ziip.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=67

180k points, oh my, you have some spare time tounge2.gif I'm at 43k not playing anymore smile_o.gif

EA/ Dice is in it for the money Period!! There support for BF2 was crap, I mean it's like they got there money outta BF2 an moved right into promoting Bf2142, hence no more BF2 for me, an no more games bought from EA.com, they suck. Just look at tigerWoods 2k5 they added that to Pogo.com an made it pay to play an left TW 2k6 for online play. banghead.gifbanghead.gif

It doesn't end there,they introduced BF2 to the xbox and then xbox 360 and now their already working on yet another battlefield game for xbox360..bad company or somethin lame like that.

Oh god, BF2 sucks on so many levels...

I really tried to like it, I really tried.... Especialy as I paid like $60 for it. I just couldn't take it anymore after about 10 minutes of play.

Perhaps it was when I fired my AT rocket at a tank, all the while descending in my parachute. WTF!?!?!?

Was there any AI in this game whatsoever?

BF2 only serves to make games like ArmA, and OPF look like freakin masterworks (which I guess they really are considering the non-existent competition)!

Oh god(s) please let Bohemia release ArmA for the XBOX360 so we have something decent to play on it!

Please let's not discuss BF2 anymore, the sight of it makes my stomach queasy. wink_o.gif

AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY!

Hi,

Didn't read all posts in this topic.

Been playing OFP since it came out,and it is alot slower paced game (mission maker dependant)

Most of the missions you need to plan and think before reacting and we like it that way.

How many times has this kicked me in the butt to think before react

I play BF2 sorta regularly currently till ARMA comes out.

I still play BF1942 also,recently slightly more than BF2

This game can be just as fast. The only reason why most of it is not, is because of the map size. You can add limits in the editor so that the map area that you play in is smaller.

You can add almost any thing you want to the map, and place it any where. You can also add triggers so your spawn points can not be camped by the other team.

So yes you can have fast action in this game

biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Oh god, BF2 sucks on so many levels...

I really tried to like it, I really tried.... Especialy as I paid like $60 for it. I just couldn't take it anymore after about 10 minutes of play.

Perhaps it was when I fired my AT rocket at a tank, all the while descending in my parachute. WTF!?!?!?

BF2 only serves to make games like ArmA, and OPF look like freakin masterworks (which I guess they really are considering the non-existent competition)!

Oh god(s) please let Bohemia release ArmA for the XBOX360 so we have something decent to play on it!

Please let's not discuss BF2 anymore, the sight of it makes my stomach queasy. wink_o.gif

AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY!

Did you know that BF2 is a multiplayer game? Wow, you really pay attention to things.

Quote[/b] ]Oh god, BF2 sucks on so many levels...

AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY!

Did you know that BF2 is a multiplayer game? Wow, you really pay attention to things.

Multiplayer whatever...

You can fire a rocket while descending in a parachute!!!! WTF!

This is arcade crap, multiplayer or otherwise.

AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY!

Yea the rocket noobs get annoying, but the best dfence is a shotgun, or you can zig zag and let them waste their rocket. It seems most people on a server are antitank, so you may have to move around a lot to avoid getting hit. Other than that Bf2 gamplay isnt so bad, but the maps arent really interesting, and the tank combat is horrible. Thing about this game is in tournaments, the most bunnyhopping, dolphin diving, rocket noobing teams are the best. Ive also seen people block spawn points which is really cheap.

Yes I like how some people state that BF2 is an MP only game, with no AI, all the while complaing about OFP's lack of perfect AI. Talk about irony.

--Ben

In Radiocheck episode 2 one of the guys was bored and decided to have a little experiment. They got a squad of CS players and trained them like an OFP unit. What he found was or shouldn't be surprising, many of them took to the game.

The lesson? The environment dictates the majority of human behavior.

But a player with a snobbishly anti-smacktard attitude (say... me) in BF2 for a month. I WILL ACT MORE SMACKTARDLY than if you were to put me in a America's Army clan with ex SAS operatives that dont' take guff.

Were the Germans fighting for Nazi Germany (the 17 year olds) evil and the 17 year olds fighting for the USA good? Or were they a product of their environment.

While it's true that BF2 attracts a lot of low brow gamers, a lot of their behavior is like giving pixie stix to 10 year olds. They will be bonkers. Now what they need is a good helping of ArmA, "the spinach of FPSs"

Kos'aaK, I'm a bf2 player rofl.gif

Yer, I'm from ZiiP and am sold when it comes to this game, although I must admit I haven't played OFP.

Some screenshots don't do this game justice. The videos I have seen really put in context how amazing this game can be.

But, then the BF2 demo sold me, and look where we are with it now banghead.gif

lo carrot matey and welcome to the BIS forum, this is a pleasant surprise for me smile_o.gif

check out the forum rules - specifically the sig dimesions - so placebo mustn't send us pms all the time tounge2.gif

and enjoy the rest - most of this forum is dedicated to OFP, you can get a good idea of how <BiG> ArmA is going to be wink_o.gif

speaking of OFP, go get the GOTY ASAP! it's only ten quid matey pistols.gif

if you want to spread the word about us http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=52814

On another note, recently there was info published about BF2142 being hacked already (LMFAO) because of the shared (old) engine from BF2.

How was OFP adminable? Can you link me to some admin tools? What were the common problems with cheaters? What were the common problems for admins?

How was OFP adminable? Can you link me to some admin tools? What were the common problems with cheaters? What were the common problems for admins?

Let's see OFP allows one admin in the server at a time, no remote admin either. You can kick and ban people if you are the server admin, but if there is no admin on the players in the server could vote for a admin the voted admin was removed when the server admin logged in. The voted admin could only kick people and change the missions.

Cheaters is only a problem on public servers but it's not even a big problem because nowadays there are so little cheaters in OFP we only have to worry about those TKC bastards who make ofp cheats. But it's not a problem for me because I mostly play with friends and my clan on our own servers.

OFP itself only kicks people from the game if they have FADE activated but that's all I'll say about it cause we ain't allowed to discuss it. Also when a player joins the server the server displays all the files that are different from the server, the admin has to determine if it's a cheat or just a mod running.

Some documentation on OFP servers can be downloaded here.

ftp://www.flashpoint1985.com/flashpoint/patches/OFPServer_196.zip

muchos chipper smile_o.gif you have an ice-cold beer waiting for you here

that vote-admin and server displaying files features seem to be very good ideas

any external admin-programs so an admin would have the possibility to manage the server remotely?

off to read them zipp-ed infos, much appreciated

As the release of AA gets down to the wire it will be interesting to see HOW many of the BF2 players who want a more realistic gameplay mode will purchase and support AA.

Now I have just posted this very idea on PlanetBattlefield so I can see some interesting reposndents..some will flame like crazy as they are BF2 fanboyz fer sure. Now please dont get me wrong BF2 and AA are worlds apart in some ways and VERY similar in other aspects. I guess its a matter of taste in what exactly your interested in. As a person who played OPF demo when it came out I could not beleive how much fun that game was. Thos were the days in which you used NOTEPAD to edit your game as there was NO proggy to do that..yet....you know what I mean...well..the release date is coming up. Best wishes to AA and its release and success!

Well BF2 is a great game and the PRMM mod makes its 8x times better. The bigger questions is DO WE WANT vanilla bf2 players here?

I only need 30 other dedicated players for realistic coop and cti play... Don't care much about who else buys it, especially for arcadish play smile_o.gif

bf2 players can come and play Arma if they want, they are going to have to change they way they play however or they are going to get dead an awful lot rofl.gif

I played OFP a long time, but in 2005, when BF2 come out, I uninstalled OFP because of it's rather old graphics and tried BF2. It's rather large maps and modern military vehicles and weapons were a bit similar with OFP, but the physics were terrible. Jets fly there above all known physical laws, and the weapon recoil is so unrealistic. But the nice graphics in BF2 compensated the nonsencical physics engine, so I played that game for a while. But now, when Armed Assault is going to come out, I'm so happy because this game will associate realism with a wonderful graphics engine, and, I think, for sure, there will be many BF2 players who will choose ArmA wink_o.gif

But the way, this was my first post in these forums - hope I didn't violate any rule huh.gif

Greetz,

Khaled

I played OFP for many years with friends. We've played the BF series with other friends more recently. And even more recently, in anticipation of ArmA, a few of us have dusted off our OFP cd's and found that despite the older graphics OFP /still/ stands up to the test of time - what a great game!!!

Indeed, I think I've decided to skip BF 2142 and just wait for ArmA. 2142 neat and all (the Demo plays out pretty well); it's definitely nice looking, and nd fairly well thought out, but really it's just more of the same BF formula. Capture the flag. Lose the flag. Rinse. Repeat.

Generally, both games have their place for me. BF games are great you just want to jump into a game and blow stuff up. smile_o.gif OFP and, presumably, ArmA, hold a different place for me, in that they are much more immersive, more like you're there and part of the game. Neither is necessarily better, just different - individual tastes determine the better of the two.

That being said, the BF series is a juggernaught, and here's hoping ArmA attracks a few million sales from EA here pretty soon!!! When BIStudios go live with their downloadable version, I for one will be as close to first in line as possible...

Bob.

I only need 30 other dedicated players for realistic coop and cti play... Don't care much about who else buys it, especially for arcadish play smile_o.gif

As fans of the game and of BI Studios, we should promote the game as much as we can, and hope BI sells a boat load of copies. Otherwise, they may not be around to release Game 2...

But I get what you're saying smile_o.gif

Don't worry about that SodaBob smile_o.gif actually, no-one would probably have to pay us to support this game, unlike guys in Soldner community who go "wow" stil after 40th patch biggrin_o.giftounge2.gif