Sign in to follow this  
Kos'aaK

Any other (ex) Battlefield 2 players?

things like dogs and people can give away people's positions.

Imho it would be better if the mission editor could make you return as a butterfly instead of a seagull, for exactly this reason wink_o.gif .

I want to intice the bf2 players in so they can be cannon fodder for experianced ofp players. And i think the ticket system in bf2 would be good to keep up a human wave of cannon fodder for old ofp players thats is why i think somebody should make a mod similar to bf2s ticket system.

A little arrogant and elitist don't you think? Personally I welcome anyone who wants to give ArmA a try and I would encourage everyone to at least try to be a little open armed, we're all gamers, we all started from somewhere, we're all combined to form a community.

Anyone who chooses to play ArmA qualifies in my book as a damned good sort! smile_o.gif

I will be more than welcoming to any new bf2 players and I'm sorry i dont think that it is elitist if i want to shoot them whilst they try to bunny hop or play rambo. Infact i think it would be kind of me too put them out of there misery and learn to play like a real man.

Look, I'm playing BF2 too, and they(and I) aren't as dumb n00bs as you would think. There are noobs in every game, no doubt some ex-BF2 players would be better in OFP than those who haven't played BF2. tounge2.gif

BTW, with the new patch, you can't shoot while jumping. ^^

Edit: that ZiiP community sounds good to me. biggrin_o.gif

He's been around for quite some time.

True that jumping while firing is no longer in bf2 but you can still shoot upon barely landing,not to mention going prone instantly,which is why I like OFP. It takes a few seconds to go prone in which time you can do NOTHING and there is no such thing as jumping.

Sorry for a silly question wow_o.gif

What do you do when you come to a fence or some wall or obstacle then?

Sounds good though - bunnyhoppers & exploiters unite in ETQW and BF2142 tounge2.gif

The more I'm here the more I like it biggrin_o.gif

Nah thats not a silly question,generally there is a gate or something to allow you to go through into the yard,otherwise you simply find a way arounnd the obstacle,they there might be a kind of "leap over obstacle" option which would be a menu option ONLY when an obstacle is present,to avoid the bunny hopping. This was mostly a community request but it may happen,otherwise we just find a way around the obstacle,no biggie.

Glad your enjoying yourself,perhaps one day we may get to play together..actually I'm kind of hoping to join a clan of some sort,possibly yours but the problem is I don't have a microphone,the ones I'v tried don't seem to work,its like my computer hates them,then again I can't honestly say I'd like my voice to be heard due to........lets just say I prefer typing.

BiG YaaaY for the reply yay.gif and quoted in my topic in ZiiP, this is great news for me biggrin_o.gif

As for joining us, hop on our forum and say hello wink_o.gif We are by no means a clan to require something of you, we just like teamplay, fun and an open beer from time to time nener.gif

Sprint into it while looking at the sky, then at the right moment look down so you slam your rifle onto the fence and you somehow hop over it wink_o.gif

(Doesnt work with every fence though tounge2.gif )

Yeah yeah,that was past OFP bug,not Armed Assault/OFP:E :P *baps ofpforum* Bad forum,its not hop over it but through it

Yes there was a bug in OFP due to its bad collision detection,you could sprint and prone through many walls and become stuck in them as well,I can't remember how many times I walked into a house and got caught in a table and could never get out.

Assuming that Armed Assault collision will be like OFP:E's,which is a very high possibility,this will no longer be possible. (trust me,I'v tried.)

I want to intice the bf2 players in so they can be cannon fodder for experianced ofp players. And i think the ticket system in bf2 would be good to keep up a human wave of cannon fodder for old ofp players thats is why i think somebody should make a mod similar to bf2s ticket system.

A little arrogant and elitist don't you think? Personally I welcome anyone who wants to give ArmA a try and I would encourage everyone to at least try to be a little open armed, we're all gamers, we all started from somewhere, we're all combined to form a community.

Anyone who chooses to play ArmA qualifies in my book as a damned good sort! smile_o.gif

I will be more than welcoming to any new bf2 players  and I'm sorry i dont think that it is elitist if i want to shoot them whilst they try to bunny hop or play rambo. Infact i think it would be kind of me too put them out of there misery and learn to play like a real man.

Look, I'm playing BF2 too, and they(and I) aren't as dumb n00bs as you would think. There are noobs in every game, no doubt some ex-BF2 players would be better in OFP than those who haven't played BF2.  tounge2.gif

BTW, with the new patch, you can't shoot while jumping. ^^

Edit: that ZiiP community sounds good to me.  biggrin_o.gif

sorry i didnt mean to offend bf2 players as i actually play that a bit more than ofp these days untill aa comes out.

I find 4x speed and crawling works best for me. Or yes, the mystical rifle-through-wall-when-going-prone works well too.

things like dogs and people can give away people's positions.

Imho it would be better if the mission editor could make you return as a butterfly instead of a seagull, for exactly this reason  wink_o.gif .

it has to be a something diffrent i no 1 person who used a

cheat .he somehow could be a segul in a game and basicaly flew around telling his team mates positions. [bANNED FOR LIFE] pistols.gif

But what im saying is that if it were a butterfly would it be easy for these cheaters too do there nasty deeds

I find 4x speed and crawling works best for me. Or yes, the mystical rifle-through-wall-when-going-prone works well too.

heh can we call that good times?

Sorry for a silly question wow_o.gif

Sounds good though - bunnyhoppers & exploiters unite in ETQW and BF2142 tounge2.gif

The more I'm here the more I like it biggrin_o.gif

It could do with mentioning that most minor obstacles like fences and walls can be crushed by armoured vehicles which then allows infantry to follow.

It is one of the few FPSs with a reasonable quantity of destructable objects.

I hope that ArmA has some sort of facility to add decent building destruction even if it is not implemented in most buildings for the campaign. Don't just want them blackened (but will settle for this if necessary).

yeah but i think the destruction of the houses and objects will be nearly the same like in OFP...

till now we only saw that new bridge could be really destroyed.

and whole woods can be moved down by heavy vehicles.

its one of the most intresting things to me in ArmA, how the buildings will be look like if destroyed.

trees, bushes and other small stuff like road signs just fall off when u drive against them...in BF2 i think only a few road signs can be driven over...

so its a completly different scenario if u can blow up the cover of ur enemies! wink_o.gif

but the biggest difference between OFP/ArmA to BF2 is the free possibility of movements on the most maps...u can get lost on some battlefields, if u dont use ur map and compass correct!

U can take every weapon u want, no matter which character u have ( only the medic had some limitations on equipment )...

and i think its more a hide and seek game...but this depends on the maps u play.

theres another very intresting fact that u dont have a limit of player numbers, it depends only on the quality of ur server how many players would be able to join the battle.

so ArmA has really the most possibilities of game-modes and extra-stuff...cause of the nice community which will try all to make the game as good as possible! smile_o.gif

And good to see Mercs interested in ArmA tounge2.gif Finally got a link to your site, your Planetside crew are not vocal about it wink_o.gif

Oh yeah,I forgot about that,but how many times do ya have a vehicle around when doing infantry assaults? wink_o.gif

Houses I figuire will probably work like OFP:E,they don't do much anything,they may add some things that will be 'destroyed',causing different pathways to be taken. I doubt we will se dynamic destruction until game2,afterall,it wasn't planned for AA.

Also if you guys want to check out some latest screenys and a technology video check out this!

5th Anniversary thread

Yeah there pretty nice the screens. Thought the video was a bit boring but was still ok. smile_o.gif Cant wait.

btw mac you owned me on that dog picture muhaha funny.

Wheres the RSPCA when you need them cruel icon_rolleyes.gif .

Also to the topic of the thread I am a bf2 player, but I am also a ofp addict nothing can take me away from this game I find bf2 very arcaedish compared to this game good for a laugh but when it comes to some real clan wars and serious games I play ofp. I get bored of bf2 far 2 quickly same maps just makes me fall asleep after a while, where as ofp maps are created every day and so easily downloaded from the server, been playing 5 years now and im still not bored

Hope you guys come to arma ive played on your server recently and you all seems like nice people. smile_o.gif

Hope you guys come to arma ive played on your server recently and you all seems like nice people. smile_o.gif

I'm glad you enjoyed our server smile_o.gif If any problems occur just hop on our TS or ICQ at Quakenet #ZiiP or just shout at a ZiiP guy wink_o.gif We are trying to make the game enjoyable for everyone, weather a "noob" or a "pro", weather young or old.

It seems we are moving to ArmA indeed biggrin_o.gif I would like to thank Meyamoti and Frantic for dropping by on our forum and help us understand the game better - Thanks guys biggrin_o.gif

Our strive will be the same as we have achieved with BF2, establish a community enjoyable for anyone smile_o.gif (except those looking for trouble wink_o.gif )

i just played a bf2 war before and just have to say:

u cant compare ofp/arma to bf2...it will be the biggest change of ur gameplay u can get! hehe

ah ofp is so much more relaxed but still u can get an heavy adrenalin booz...lol

ah i just love OFP...Bf2 is only getting on my nervs...lol whistle.gif