Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

2nd yellow for Lucic was a joke IMO.

Well, just imagine how Klose would have sprintet for the next goal. This was a so called "Notbremse" (Emergency break) and Lehmann received for this the red card in the championsleague final for example.

In addition, he did this just after he already received one a few minuts before... I really think it was justified!

Sry for one post after another, but did you take a look at the predictions list? There is one player for example, who received 4 points, because he predicted the USA would reach the the next round. But they didn't. So why did he get 4 points? crazy_o.gif

Another strange this is this:

<Actual qualifiers are Brazil, so PLAYERNAME gets 0 points>

Seems to me, as if this system doesn't work

crazy_o.gif

Good game, shame Mexico lost but they were completly shagged. Joe Coles goal was better :P

What the hell, that was a goal!!! biggrin_o.gif (Damn, I didn't see Cole's, any videos online?)

Again a very good 1st half, the 2nd one was not sooo interesting, but it was worth to wait for that goal. All in all Argentina deserved the next round, they shot an "offside goal", which was onside... Mexico was fighting good, but they had no good idea, their crosses never reached Borgetti.

/edit: @kavo:

Quote[/b] ]raedor gets 4 points for each of Paraguay, England, Argentina, Holland, Italy, Czech Rep., France and Switzerland who reach the quarter-finals

Actual qualifiers are Holland, so raedor gets 0 points

whistle.gifcrazy_o.gifsad_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Wtf Sweden? huh.gifgoodnight.gif

For Raedor:

Thanks a bunch... wow_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Sorry Germany, the fun ends here  wink_o.gif

Hehehe, yeah.

Mexico can go home with their heads proudly rised up.

Sorry Germany, the fun ends here wink_o.gif

Hehehe, yeah.

Let's hope the better team wins. When Arg plays on the same level they did against Mexico, Germany has a chance; if they play on the level they did in the three matches before, German hardly has a chance. wink_o.gif

When they will play I just hope both of teams will give and show the best they can 'offer' (as I can see both teams are in great form, and it's rising - particulary those of Germany), then there's a prospect of a great, spectacular game infront, some kind of a 'Final Game before the Final Game'. And that's in fact all I need and want from them so yes, let's hope the better team wins. wink_o.gif

congrats to argentina and awsome goal in the extra time. didnt see germany match so no much to say except congrats to!

so tomorrow is my team big match against holand.the statistic is on our side.in the history of portugalXholand matches we won 4,draw 5 and lost only once. but i dont buy statistics so we really need to give all we have on those 90min (hope we solve the game without ExtraTime). wish me luck and my prediction is 2-1 for portugal on the 90min...

FORÇA PORTUGAL!!

Imagine my popularity living in England when I picked Germany to win the world cup.

Well, they seem to be a good pick right now.

What a party !

Although first half was very much more active than 2nd I have to say that germany rocked.

The penalty for sweden was not justified imo and Ibrahimovic did us the favour of shooting it into the sky.

The atmosphere in the stadium was fantastic and after the match I had to drink from a swedish cowhorn smile_o.gif

You have some really nice ladies in Sweden, thx for sending them here biggrin_o.gif

It's a bit confusing to watch Germany cause we don't know what they are fully capable of, because they have yet to face a proper opponent. I mean the group phase was a laugh, and the already unimpressive Swedes with only 10 on the pitch (red card wasn't necessary) isn't that much of a resistance either. I'm sure we will know much more after the Germany-Argentina game. All in all a good first 20 minutes or so, after that the match was decided. Their defence remains the weakest link though, and you can't have that against Argentina wink_o.gif

Just a note:

The prediction system seems to work correctly now smile_o.gif

ex-ronin vamos paisano!!!!!

now lets go for germany!!!!!

Lol, no es paisano! Soy de Grecia smile_o.gif pero yo gusto mucho la Espana y Argentina, y las mujeres de Espana y Argentina inlove.gif Yo hablo poco Espanol, pero apprendaro Espanol con las amigas wink_o.gif y con las libras y con internet. thumbs-up.gif

I hope that made sense whistle.gifbiggrin_o.gif

News update: the Germans and their press are saying "after yesterday, we don't fear Argentina" and "argentina showed they are beatable" and, the best comment, Lahm saying "we don't need to raise our game to beat Argentina" biggrin_o.gif

Liebe Leute, Konfuzius selbst sagte schon: Hochmut kommt vor dem Fall!

I would order some humble pie if I was you wink_o.gif

What are the bets for today? I have a feeling Ecuador will do a Greece and knock England out, though it might be wishful thinking, simple to get the tacky car-flags off the streets tounge2.gif 4-5-1 will make it very difficult for those two Ecuadorian wingers to do their mazy runs though...

As for Holland - Portugal - I anticipate a great match and a cricket score, I would probably put my money on Holland though...

I guess germany won´t survive against argentina, but from what has been said about the german team before the world-cup I am quite happy that they came that far. Keeping in mind that most of the secret favourites already have their ticket back home.

England vs Germany would be nice as I´m pretty sure germany would beat them, as the british team really plays lousy this year.

Argentina will be a hurdle we can hardly take.

Btw, the fans who act worse on the streets are the british ones. Shame.

I guess germany won´t survive against argentina, but from what has been said about the german team before the world-cup I am quite happy that they came that far. Keeping in mind that most of the secret favourites already have their ticket back home.

England vs Germany would be nice as I´m pretty sure germany would beat them, as the british team really plays lousy this year.

Argentina will be a hurdle we can hardly take.

Btw, the fans who act worse on the streets are the british ones. Shame.

So the "slight problems" after Germany vs Poland were caused by English fans?

I've read 3 cases of large problems with german fans and 2 involving english fans, regardless of the total number, fans from the organising country starting the first riots after Germany vs Poland is a disgrace.

Germany could well beat Argentina. The german team looked like crap in 1996 too, and they won. Germans are always underrated, every tournament people see that they were once again wrong about the germans, and still they act exactly the same around the start of the next tournament "oh, look at those stupid germans and their pathetic team, they ain't getting far this year", only to see the germans reach the semi finals or worse...

Edit: no words about the english team, it's not worth being mentioned... goodnight.gif

As an Englishman, i'm hoping England get soundly thrashed to put them in thier place biggrin_o.gif

NL and Ecuador come through today, NL has an easier quarter then!

@Liebe Leute...: I don't know whether Konfuzius said that, but the reporter of the Argentina match yesterday always said "diese Argentinier können wir schlagen", it was quite annoying. crazy_o.gif Let's see what happens, I suggest Argentina to start with eleven defenders... biggrin_o.gif

As an Englishman, i'm hoping England get soundly thrashed to put them in thier place biggrin_o.gif

hear hear... finally an end to those tabloids who truely believe this is england's year... as it was in 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998...

Quote[/b] ]So the "slight problems" after Germany vs Poland were caused by English fans?

Over the weekend over 480 british "fans" have been arrested after they have attacked bypassers with chairs, glasses, etc.

In Stuttgart 375 british fans have been banned from the inner city

and the other 117 british hools have been imprisoned. They will be released on 26th of June.

arent you avoiding the question though? Yes the british 'fans' have earned their reputation as some of the worst football hooligans around, but they're not the only ones fighting in the streets - it takes two to tango so to speak, and in the case of german vs poland, i'd be hard pushed to believe there was a single brit amonst it.

every nation has its hooligans, some more than others, and many nations try to ban and clamp down on hooligans traveling to football matches - how successful this operation is in each country is anyones guess and to everyones own intepretation

its a shame to have to discuss this in a thread dedicated to what's supposed to be 'the beautiful game', no?